Dear Mr. Wilson, I Am Done With The Bills.

tonyd19

I'd never "drop" the Bills as my team. That being said, I will not support them financially as long as Ralph continues to piddle away all hopes of a championship caliber team. He has mismanaged the team since Levy left as HC, making terrible personnel decisions. These decisions, along with his rumored Snyder-like meddling in player personnel decisions has directly resulted in 10 years of absolute futility. Ralph is now a shadow of the owner he once was and it does seem that he is no longer worthy of our support. That being said, wishing that the team I have rooted for since birth would uproot and leave is simply ridiculous and offensive to me.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done this. My money is where my mouth is. Since they renewed Dick's contract, I have not bought nor allowed a family member to buy a piece of Bills gear nor have I attended any games. I will not until Ralph is gone or the team is gone.

So you are going to buy Bills gear after they move? Brilliant!

Ralph is lucky to have Buffalo, not the other way around. Buffalo fans are the best in the world, and Ralph is a piece of garbage owner who gives them one losing team after the next in return for their devotion. Ralph simply is beneath Buffalo. Buffalo is better than him, deserves better than him, and, when he is gone, Buffalo will be better off without him.

Ahhhh Ralph could have sold this team ten times over and did not..... He has always voted against teams moving... I never understand why people don't remember that

I'd never "drop" the Bills as my team. That being said, I will not support them financially as long as Ralph continues to piddle away all hopes of a championship caliber team. He has mismanaged the team since Levy left as HC, making terrible personnel decisions. These decisions, along with his rumored Snyder-like meddling in player personnel decisions has directly resulted in 10 years of absolute futility. Ralph is now a shadow of the owner he once was and it does seem that he is no longer worthy of our support. That being said, wishing that the team I have rooted for since birth would uproot and leave is simply ridiculous and offensive to me.

I understand that. But I am certainly not wishing that they uproot and go. I want Buffalo to have the Bills as long as there is football. But hoping Ralph and the rest of his crew get things together is not a plan. I think they have tried. I liked the TO move and I hope they bring him back next year (although he probably will not be back.)

The jist of my attitude is that this team lacks leadership and I have not seen anything out of OBD to indicate that they are doing anything to correct that. If this issue is not resolved, the Bills will move, they will not have a choice....maybe not next year, but soon and it will be a very sad day. So by bringing up the question "maybe they should just go now" I was hoping to get people talking about the idea that we as fans need to be harder on the front office. If they have no reason to change why will they? Look at the 1995 Seattle Mariners. That team was gone! But Randy Johnson andKen Griffey Jr. brought that team back and helped make it profitable. If the guys up front maintain the status quo, were all screwed. We need a leader that oes not buy into this poor Buffalo mentaility. We need a guy that can come in here and say to everyone...We will be the best franchise in this league, and I will not rest until that happens...and have the balls to pull it off.

Regarding catching some flack on the message board, I was expecting that....I don't really care if people here do not like certain topics. My hope is that fans can understand that blindly following a team no matter what is not a smart decision in general, and ceertainly not a smart decision if the team has quasi threatened to leave before if tickets are not sold, ect.

You spelled intelligent wrong and it's you're not your, genius. :wallbash:

As I have stated numerous times before I write quickly and do not care about grammer on a message board. The topics are what matter. I can assure you I can write good err well!

Dear Buffalo Bills and Bills Fans Worldwide:

(forgive me if this is a bit long)

Dear Mr. Wilson,

I Am Done With The Bills.

I've been watching the Bills since I was 9 years old back in 1988. I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization. You will have to prove to me that this team is worth MY TIME instead of the other way around.

I do not take this decision lightly, nor do I go off spouting idle threats or feeling sorry for myself or other fans. This decision is based in common sense and logic. It has been a long time dream of mine to watch the Bills win a Superbowl standing next to my father as we celebrate together. But the older he gets, and this franchise becomes more of a joke, the time invested seems like a complete waste. The older I get, and more responsibilities I take on, I find myself having less and less time to commit to passions of my youth. All of my time has become a premium that must be divided among my family, firends, work, clients, and just living life. The older I get and more responsibilities I have as a husband, a son, a future father, and a business owner leaves me less and less time everyday for personal activiites like watching the Bills. The fact that my free time is decreasing everyday, every minute becomes more and more important and I have less and less of it to waste on an organization that is not commited to their fans.

The fact that this organization has lost for years is not what really depresses me, the idea that this team has become a joke, and the management will cease to do anything to correct it is what really concerns me. It should be TRAVESTY to this organization that qualified coaches are not jumping at that chance to captain this ship. The idea that the front office has bought into the idea that being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a second rate job is not only stunning and dissapointing, but also unbelievably disrespectful to the fans and the enitre region of Western New York.

This organization has shown zero commitment to make this franchise better for the people who have dedicated enormous amounts of their time, energy and money to it. This organization hired an inside candidate to take the GM position without even looking outside the organization, when the enitre NFL universe knows that the entire organization is completely dysfunctional, full of "yes men" and incompentant. This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them. This organization has let pride and ego get in the way of winning, running some of the best football minds in the business out the door over petty arguements and personal vendettas. This organization has managed to turn what used to be one of the best blue collar franchises in American Sports history into a depressed joke of franchise that has become a punch line waiting to be put out of it's misery.

Medicority is not tollerated in my business, or in my life, and will not be tolerated by the franchises I chose to spend my very valuable time and money on. This is it Bills, start making some serious moves to make this organization better or start losing fans.

I encourage all Bills fans to hear this letter and demand today that the Bills truly commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of. It is D-DAY in Bills Nation and the organization needs to hear our plea. Get to fixing these problems or dare I say it......... get the hell out of Wetsern New York and let us get on with our lives

This is a really odd letter to send to Alan Wilson.

True dat, I'll put direct TV on hold, no sense paying for games that make me cry on the inside.

I'm sorry, but blind devotion to a team that doesn't reward you with the same level of devotion is...well...dumb. I've been a Bills fan since I was 10. All I ask is that they give 100% effort to put a winning team on the field. If they try their hardest and still lose more than they win, so be it. I'm a fan.

BUT

When they start making decisions based on money rather than winning, it gets really hard to keep that loyalty. So when someone like Tony comes along and is clearly upset with the team, I feel for him. Some of you seem to feel this team can do no wrong and that we should bow down and kiss Ralph's feet simply for having given us the mercy of not moving the team. Screw that. I'm not going to throw on a Jills outfit and dance around like some of you obviously do.

If Ralph wants to move the team then he should. But if he wants to stay put then he needs to man up, open the wallet, and start paying to put a winning team on the field. If he chooses not to, then slowly but surely many fans WILL "just go away", taking their money with them. Some might give the courtesy of a goodbye note like this thread, but most won't. They'll simply stop showing up, stop buying jerseys, and stop forking their hard earned money over to an organization that doesn't give them anything back in return.

I'm sorry, but blind devotion to a team that doesn't reward you with the same level of devotion is...well...dumb. I've been a Bills fan since I was 10. All I ask is that they give 100% effort to put a winning team on the field. If they try their hardest and still lose more than they win, so be it. I'm a fan.

BUT

When they start making decisions based on money rather than winning, it gets really hard to keep that loyalty. So when someone like Tony comes along and is clearly upset with the team, I feel for him. Some of you seem to feel this team can do no wrong and that we should bow down and kiss Ralph's feet simply for having given us the mercy of not moving the team. Screw that. I'm not going to throw on a Jills outfit and dance around like some of you obviously do.

If Ralph wants to move the team then he should. But if he wants to stay put then he needs to man up, open the wallet, and start paying to put a winning team on the field. If he chooses not to, then slowly but surely many fans WILL "just go away", taking their money with them. Some might give the courtesy of a goodbye note like this thread, but most won't. They'll simply stop showing up, stop buying jerseys, and stop forking their hard earned money over to an organization that doesn't give them anything back in return.

To suggest that they aren't trying just because they aren't successful is ignorant

There is no sure-fire way to succeed or else every team, including the Bills, would be doing it.

As far as Ralph opening the wallet, he's done that. Players are getting plenty and as far as coaches, they're getting what Ralph feels they're worth. Jauron was the 10th highest paid coach in the league in 2009 after the extension he signed after the 5-1 start in 2008. Ralph's a businessman and he'd go bankrupt if he automatically paid everyone ridiculous sums of money when they haven't earned it. He's known to be willing to throw $10M per season at Shanahan...I would think Cowher would get close to the same. If a cheaper coach gets the job, it will have nothing to do with money..guaranteed.

Dude how old are you? Ok bro I'm like 6'4 and 280 and I work out all the time so I can kick your ass!!!! Grow up man. By the way the post is about showing a commitment to the fans. Hiring a coordinator hardly does that...would you disagree?

There goes your credibility. Right down the toilet with the rest of the turds we flush daily...Go be a Billy BadAss to your pillow.

To suggest that they aren't trying just because they aren't successful is ignorant

There is no sure-fire way to succeed or else every team, including the Bills, would be doing it.

As far as Ralph opening the wallet, he's done that. Players are getting plenty and as far as coaches, they're getting what Ralph feels they're worth. Jauron was the 10th highest paid coach in the league in 2009 after the extension he signed after the 5-1 start in 2008. Ralph's a businessman and he'd go bankrupt if he automatically paid everyone ridiculous sums of money when they haven't earned it. He's known to be willing to throw $10M per season at Shanahan...I would think Cowher would get close to the same. If a cheaper coach gets the job, it will have nothing to do with money..guaranteed.

you are correct, Ralph pays coaches what they worth. Usually it's not much since he consistently hires crappy, cheap coaches.

Exactly once in 50 years has Ralph gone to the market and paid top dollar for a bona fide NFL head coach. that was Chuck Knox. he then shortchanged him on players and drove Knox out the door.

All this of $10 mil for a coach is pure speculation. Until the bills actually sign and pay a coach, big spending is just another marketing tool to hype the fan base.