OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

That is exactly right. That's what happened. The guy he punched was someone who came on to the court after Artest left the crowd and returned to the playing floor. As far as I'm concerned, fans who came on to the floor got exactly what they deserved.

But Artest did go into the crowd and therefore he deserves a big suspension. But not for the whole year.

129212[/snapback]

Actually, he punched two different fans. One before the guy that came out on the floor, but both times the fan came after him first. They may not have thrown a punch at him first but they charged him and he had had NO contact with them previous, nor did he do one thing to them. The first fan he punched was back by the scorer's table after the Waldo incident but before the floor incident. But again, the fan came right up in his face and he didn't know what the guy was going to do. It wasn't friendly and the fan wasn't trying to break anything up, he was coming after Artest.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you people need to get a grip on reality.

129209[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? You have no grip on reality, common sense or anything intellectual whatsoever. I understand you sticking up for your boy, but in this case all you do is make yourself sound less intelligent by the second (by this point in time I would have thought that would be hard, but you do it quite well)...

Are you kidding me?  You have no grip on reality, common sense or anything intellectual whatsoever.  I understand you sticking up for your boy, but in this case all you do is make yourself sound less intelligent by the second (by this point in time I would have thought that would be hard, but you do it quite well)...

129237[/snapback]

Marty, you coming to Miami for the game?

Marty, you coming to Miami for the game?

129255[/snapback]

Not if the Pacers are playing the Heat that weekend, I will cancel my trip. I bet that POS Artest goes to the game in street clothes with a glock on his hip to put a cap in some asses, but if the Heat are away or playing some respectable team then I will be there...

If Artest was all crazed out and rushed on adrenaline, why did he AVOID further confrontation with Ben Wallace and instead go after people either too small or too doughey to put up a fight?

If I'm in the stands as an innocent bystander with my kids and they end up getting hurt in the scuffle that Artest & Jackson causes by going into the stands throwing haymakers in every direction, I'm suing the stevestojan out of the NBA, the Pistons, the city of Auburn Hills etc....

If he wanted to swing he would have swung.

Kelly - I just watched it again in slow mo, he was definitely trying to take a swing.

Here is something I read earlier today that brings into question the whole "it was instinct, he didn't have time to reason"

Whitlock made the following good points regarding Artest’s ability to “reason” at the moment he went into the Palace throng. A) He made a choice to foul Wallace in the first place. B) He made a choice not to fight Big Ben once he came after him. (Hey, he’s crazy, but not insane!) C) If you watch the tape, he SLOWLY leans up from the table where he was lying down, and then decides to get Jerry Springer on the first chump he locked onto.

and once again ladies, gentlemen and indy dave, this is the man who gave you the quote on my sig line.

If Artest was all crazed out and rushed on adrenaline, why did he AVOID further confrontation with Ben Wallace and instead go after people either too small or too doughey to put up a fight? 

If I'm in the stands as an innocent bystander with my kids and they end up getting hurt in the scuffle that Artest & Jackson causes by going into the stands throwing haymakers in every direction, I'm suing the stevestojan out of the NBA, the Pistons, the city of Auburn Hills etc....

129280[/snapback]

Figures. But that, of course, would be impossible, because you would have left the game already because your team was losing. :angry:

Kelly - I just watched it again in slow mo, he was definitely trying to take a swing.

129283[/snapback]

I watched it over and over, and to me, he was just pissed the guy behind him bearhugged him and was scrambling and fighting to get his arms free. He had chances to swing and didn't. Before and after.

Here is something I read earlier today that brings into question the whole "it was instinct, he didn't have time to reason"

and once again ladies, gentlemen and indy dave, this is the man who gave you the quote on my sig line.

129283[/snapback]

First of all, in the interview I saw, that's not what he said. You saw it in a newspaper though, so it MUST be true.

More importantly, big deal. He's not the smartest guy in the world. The world needs ditch-diggers too. And 10 million dollar basketball players.

Thank you end of story.  This is what it boils down to, they can't handle the fact that we are a better team and are coming to take what's ours.  They're just sore losers.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Detroit and your fans!!

129095[/snapback]

You need to earn it first, but that might be hard to do now considering all Stern does is conjure up ways he can screw the Pacers. Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I watched it over and over, and to me, he was just pissed the guy behind him bearhugged him and was scrambling and fighting to get his arms free. He had chances to swing and didn't. Before and after.

129296[/snapback]

So running at a guy and grabbing on his face and pushing his head all the way back until he fell over a seat onto the ground is not as bad as a punch in what way. Your talking semantics - his assualt is in the same category as if he threw a punch.

You saw it in a newspaper though, so it MUST be true.

Yeah, that was one link of many that I posted. I saw the interview too and he did say it.

He isn't a $10 million player this year, in fact he's a cheap shotting thug who just lost himself $5 million. good one ron.

I've actually heard good things about the guy from reporters who say is generally a nice person. Unfortunately he has a major problem, and probably needs some help.

Yeah, that was one link of many that I posted. I saw the interview too and he did say it.

He isn't a $10 million player this year, in fact he's a cheap shotting thug who just lost himself $5 million. good one ron.

I've actually heard good things about the guy from reporters who say is generally a nice person. Unfortunately he has a major problem, and probably needs some help.

129543[/snapback]

If you watched the Pacers as much as I do, you'd come to appreciate the guy. He plays with unbelievable effort in a league where many players dog it or wait until the playoffs to bring their "A" game. Most definitely, he has anger and emotional issues and he probably does need professional help.

I know that if he ever gets into another game, I'll applaud the guy.

If you watched the Pacers as much as I do, you'd come to appreciate the guy. He plays with unbelievable effort in a league where many players dog it or wait until the playoffs to bring their "A" game. Most definitely, he has anger and emotional issues and he probably does need professional help.

I know that if he ever gets into another game, I'll applaud the guy.

129638[/snapback]

I agree. I love the way Artest plays besides teh chickenshiit cheap shots he pulls. I am a huge UConn/Big East fan and enjoyed watching him play at St Johns. No doubt he is talented. He probably is the best defender in the NBA. I am not sure if he returns to the NBA. In the meantime I hope he does get some professional help

I agree.  I love the way Artest plays besides teh chickenshiit cheap shots he pulls.  I am a huge UConn/Big East fan and enjoyed watching him play at St Johns.  No doubt he is talented.  He probably is the best defender in the NBA.  I am not sure if he returns to the NBA.  In the meantime I hope he does get some professional help

129645[/snapback]

I am not defending anything the guy has done, Friday night or prior to that, but he had showed signs of maturing. His cheap shots were fewer and farther between. He also gets called for fouls and flagrant fouls that are a complete joke. See the Friday, Nov. 12 game in Philly. He didn't even foul the guy, yet was called for a flagrant foul. Cost the Pacers the game.

No doubt he's paying for his mistakes in the past, butI guess that's life.

Here's what I think.

Artest had all the frickin right to go in the crowd. It's freaking illegal to throw things on the court. It's illegal to go on the court. These people instigated him to come up there after Ben Wallace got ticked and started a fight.

We live in a world where if we retaliate to what people do to us then we get punished.

If someone came to your job and threw a cup of beer on you what would you do?

127813[/snapback]

You get hit with beer, and you're entitled to climb into the stands and throw punches?? :):lol::lol: Good thing he didn't get hit with a hot dog or you might be arguing he's entitled to shoot the guy. :lol::lol: