OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

Didja ever notice how big that Artest guy is?

Didja ever notice how little the guy was he was beating on?

Didja ever wonder why they call it Basketball?

Didja ever wonder if it was BF that played the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz?

Damn, I'm going to miss Dan Rather :blink:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I forgot you are on the other side of the fence, you're right, case closed, no room for debate.

I guess thousands of people don't know what they are talking about because they agree with me huh?

131388[/snapback]

Hey BF, where it says "this space for rent", did you mean your head?

Yeah I forgot you are on the other side of the fence, you're right, case closed, no room for debate.

I guess thousands of people don't know what they are talking about because they agree with me huh?

131388[/snapback]

Especially if they agree with you on this issue.

Artest's behavior was abhorrent and if he was so worried about being disrespected he should have stood up to Ben Wallace initially for pushing him in the face. He didn't. Instead he decided to go after 135 pound math geek he thought (incorrectly) threw a cup of something at him. A real man's man there.

I remember being in San Francisco for the "no punt" game and the Whiner fans railing on Biscuit the entire game. When it was over, he turned around to the worst group in the bunch, shrugged his shoulders with his arms outstretched, and said "$7 Million."

C. Bennett was alot smarter than Ron Artest.

I also wish David Stern would institute a rule that says regardless of what record the Pacers finish with, they'll not be allowed in the lottery. Put the screws to them just a little harder, as they shouldn't be rewarded for their poor behavior.

I also wish David Stern would institute a rule that says regardless of what record the Pacers finish with, they'll not be allowed in the lottery.  Put the screws to them just a little harder, as they shouldn't be rewarded for their poor behavior.

131391[/snapback]

I've already made my view pretty clear about Artest and the lot, but I don't think it would be fair to punish the Pacer organization as a whole like that. Losing three of their best players is punishment enough for the actions of a few of their players. It wasn't as if the entire organization cheered and rooted Artest on during the brawl, you know?

Instituting a penalty such as that would be unfair to the organization I think.

I've already made my view pretty clear about Artest and the lot, but I don't think it would be fair to punish the Pacer organization as a whole like that. Losing three of their best players is punishment enough for the actions of a few of their players. It wasn't as if the entire organization cheered and rooted Artest on during the brawl, you know?

Instituting a penalty such as that would be unfair to the organization I think.

131423[/snapback]

Hey, it's just my opinion. It'd also send a message to every team that the players no longer run the league and that there may be consequences to keeping the the ticking time bombs on the rosters just because they are really good basketball players.

Hey, it's just my opinion.  It'd also send a message to every team that the players no longer run the league and that there may be consequences to keeping the the ticking time bombs on the rosters just because they are really good basketball players.

131425[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind that message being sent at all. The current mentality is ruining the league in my opinion. I can't even watch the NBA much anymore. I much prefer NCAA hoops.

I wouldn't mind that message being sent at all. The current mentality is ruining the league in my opinion. I can't even watch the NBA much anymore. I much prefer NCAA hoops.

131427[/snapback]

Me too. Haven't watched an NBA game since Michael retired the first time.

Give me a Big Monday with SU or Duke anyday.

So now we have Darin calling for the Pacers draft pick being suspended if they don't make the playoffs.

You sit here and say the word "disrespect" like that's what it was. It wasn't disrespect. Disrespect is me telling you you are a jackass. This was ASSAULT. I don't give a damn if it were a pillow he threw at him. The weight of the object isn't exactly important. It is a clear and simple case of assault.

You sit here and say he should have went after Wallace. Why would he do that? That's a suspension waiting to happen. Instead he went and layed down and minded his own business (did I mention with Wallace still trying to start a fight) and a classless piece of stevestojan thorws something at him causing him to go off and ending his regular season.

I love your logic though, it's ok to go after someone who pushes you, but not at someone that throws an object at you.

Good one fool.