OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Ron Artest isn't afraid of Ben Wallace.  Give me a break.

2. I didn't ask you for your "common sense" version, I asked for the legal answer.

3.  He did not attack a kid.

131577[/snapback]

1. No reason to be afraid when you put your entire team between you and the bad man trying to hurt you.

2. Not assault. What a surprise.

3. What would you call that? Passive resistance?

He hardly put two in the guys chest.

131604[/snapback]

In principle, what's the difference? Defending yourself is defending yourself. Or, is this one of those "I'm going to beat you up" things as to who is the better man? You are the one alluding that the poor basketball player guy was attacked, and had a right to defend himself (surrounded by all those organization people).

I'm 5' 9". About 160 lbs. right now. I have arthritis in my shoulder that prevents a lot of movement, and shrapnel in my hip that precludes a lot of running. If someone that outweighs me by 50 lbs and is 20 years younger than me goes off and throws a beer cup at me, do you expect me to run up and start swinging? Or, is this something better just ignored as any action I may take will only make matters worse?

I'm impressed.  These are the guys that played tonight

Jamal Tinsley

Austin Croshere

Scott Pollard

James Jones

Fred Jones

David Harrison

Eddie Gill

John Edwards

Hardly a top 5 lineup.

131610[/snapback]

Impressive. I'd like to see my Chicago Bulls win a game sometime this year. i'm afraid that it won't happen.

In principle, what's the difference? Defending yourself is defending yourself. Or, is this one of those "I'm going to beat you up" things as to who is the better man? You are the one alluding that the poor basketball player guy was attacked, and had a right to defend himself (surrounded by all those organization people).

I'm 5' 9". About 160 lbs. right now. I have arthritis in my shoulder that prevents a lot of movement, and shrapnel in my hip that precludes a lot of running. If someone that outweighs me by 50 lbs and is 20 years younger than me goes off and throws a beer cup at me, do you expect me to run up and start swinging? Or, is this something better just ignored as any action I may take will only make matters worse?

131614[/snapback]

Let me back down a bit. Should Ron Artest have charged into the stands and did that? Probably not. Would I say that I wouldn't have in the same situation? No, I can't say that because I probably would have done the same thing. The guy was already pissed off about something else, it's easy for me anways to see why he would react the way he did when the beer came flying down on him.

As Darin would tell me, "Don't prod the Bear." The fans shouldn't have prodded the bear.

Let me back down a bit.  Should Ron Artest have charged into the stands and did that?  Probably not.  Would I say that I wouldn't have in the same situation?  No, I can't say that because I probably would have done the same thing.  The guy was already pissed off about something else, it's easy for me anways to see why he would react the way he did when the beer came flying down on him.

As Darin would tell me, "Don't prod the Bear."  The fans shouldn't have prodded the bear.

131618[/snapback]

Some people have had to live a life requiring judgement and discipline. There are certainly times when it's prudent to ignore. Having to jump up and defend one's manhood over a paper cup should be reserved for the playground, and should not be tolerated past the age of maybe 16. This goes for the moron throwing the cup as well, but the reality is-the cup thrower is an anonymous moron who actually did no physical harm. Artest is, through his own desires, playing on a different stage. His actions weigh much more heavily than moron the beer tosser. He chose to be where he is, and by virtue of that choice he should be expected to exercise the discipline expected of those in the spotlight. Were they in a bar somewhere, I could view this differently. He had plenty of people around him to get involved. Perhaps our political figures should jump into the crowd and start beating up hecklers instead of letting someone else move them away. Then politicians would get more respect, right?

Some people have had to live a life requiring judgement and discipline. There are certainly times when it's prudent to ignore. Having to jump up and defend one's manhood over a paper cup should be reserved for the playground, and should not be tolerated past the age of maybe 16. This goes for the moron throwing the cup as well, but the reality is-the cup thrower is an anonymous moron who actually did no physical harm. Artest is, through his own desires, playing on a different stage. His actions weigh much more heavily than moron the beer tosser. He chose to be where he is, and by virtue of that choice he should be expected to exercise the discipline expected of those in the spotlight. Were they in a bar somewhere, I could view this differently. He had plenty of people around him to get involved. Perhaps our political figures should jump into the crowd and start beating up hecklers instead of letting someone else move them away. Then politicians would get more respect, right?

131623[/snapback]

Heckling is one thing, throwing things is another.

He should have shown more restraint, but I'm not Ron Artest, I don't know how he views things. I can say that I probably would have done the same thing.

Celebrities and athletes put up with a lot, it's part of the deal, but sometimes they lose it. The price of celebrity can be very high sometimes, look at Princess Di who isn't here anymore because she was a celebrity and the media couldn't leave her alone.

He has to face the consequences of his actions and he is doing so. It's case closed I guess.

Rasheed Wallace got thrown out of the PISStons game tonight in a loss to CHARLOTTE. Here's what the punk had to say after the game.

``Now I know with Artest out, I know I'm back on that blacklist,'' Wallace said. ``I've got that target on my back.''

Someone should tell Wallace he isn't in the same league in the mayhem or playing departments as Artest.

One sports commentator put it quite well imo.

He stated how many of these players are "angry." They make 80 or 90 million dollars. All they can do is play basketball, but they are "angry."

To put it in perspective, give ME 80 million dollars, and when I lie on a table like a pouting little criminal psychotic, pour all the beer on me that yoiu can buy for $7.00 per bottle. I wont be mad, as I pay for the education of my daughters and provide for my wife and myself.

131099[/snapback]

Exactly Bill! Exactly!

Why are they angry? They should be carrying their head high with dignity, no matter what the fans dish out.

As an experiment, I took a plastic cup, filled it with water and tossed it into my own face.

I immediately ran out and beat up the homeless guy that hangs out at the 7/11 around the corner.

Might be something to this after all.

stevestojan. Millions of dollars a year to play basketball...

They need a swift kick in the ass and a job digging ditches in the off season to try to teach some friggen values. The Fans are idiots, and deserve prosecution, but DAMN! I seriously have to shake my head at anyone defending them. Hey boys and girls, we might be fans but SPORTS ON TV ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT! DON'T ELEVATE THESE PEOPLE TO SOME GOD-LIKE STATUS BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO SAY "GO PACERS!" Or any other team for that matter.

Many of the same people will villify a young Marine who's just spent days in a viscious combat zone dodging rounds from all directions because he capped a wounded guy.

But spoiled, over paid, out of control basketball players can run up into the stands and start throwing haymakers because someone threw a beer and said nasty things-and that's OK.

I worry about this country. I really do.

131152[/snapback]

Wow... Excellent post!!!!

So true... So true!