OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

NG I notice you have been very quiet about your thug team and fans.

Maybe you are embarrassed?

132287[/snapback]

And the Pacers arent considered a thug team???

Are you embarassed about the Pacers reaction to this and Artest's interview, which clearly showed he really has no idea what he did wrong.

And remember before you attack, I was a big Artest fan.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no.

BTW The Bad Boys moniker has been taken for some time, that team doesn't even approach the real Bad Boys.

132325[/snapback]

stevestojan, we are the real Bad Boys. We own teams AND their fans now.

We would have taken Isiah and his bunch of thugs and showed them what real Bad Boy basketball is.

And the Pacers arent considered a thug team???

Are you embarassed about the Pacers reaction to this and Artest's interview, which clearly showed he really has no idea what he did wrong.

And remember before you attack, I was a big Artest fan.

132317[/snapback]

No they aren't thugs, they're just Bad Boys.

Why would I be embarrassed about the Pacers appealing the suspensions? They don't agree with the punishments and neither do I.

As far as Ron Artest and his interview went, he doesn't feel he did anything wrong, that's debateable, but I'm not going to tell him to say he's sorry if he isn't.

stevestojan, we are the real Bad Boys.  We own teams AND their fans now.

We would have taken Isiah and his bunch of thugs and showed them what real Bad Boy basketball is.

132328[/snapback]

And you are proud of this!??! :lol:

When the Knicks had this reputation in the early 90's, I could have lived without all the fights

This is why I've refrained from this thread.... :lol:

132332[/snapback]

I was thinking that when we got the third period update last night, but I just can't help myself sometimes.

Is there any period over the year where there are NO team sports?

maybe I'll throw this plastic cup...The Pistons ARE the Champs!  How many NBA championships have the Pacers won?  Buncha choke artists...

132341[/snapback]

Ben Wallace and company don't want any of us. They better hope and pray we don't make the playoffs (and that wouldn't even be a bad thing as we could get a lottery pick next year to go along with our already great team). If we make the playoffs it is curtains for the PiSStons and possibly their fans too.

Ben Wallace and company don't want any of us.  They better hope and pray we don't make the playoffs (and that wouldn't even be a bad thing as we could get a lottery pick next year to go along with our already great team).  If we make the playoffs it is curtains for the PiSStons and possibly their fans too.

132362[/snapback]

Yep, just like the AL was worried about the Cardinals in the World Series.

How do you find the time to be a member of both the Cardinals AND the Pacer's organizations?

132373[/snapback]

Anything is possible when you believe in yourself.

People told Michael Bolton there was no way you could be bald and have long hair at the same time. But he showed them.

Don't think it has been posted, but the SportsGuy chimes in...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story.../cowbell/041122

132527[/snapback]

I love this part, he is dead on:

In a related story, if you scrolled through the lineups of all 30 teams before the season, then asked yourself, "What pair of teammates would be the most likely candidates to start a fight in the stands, eventually leading to the ugliest sequence in NBA history?", the heavy favorites would have been Artest and Jackson in Indiana, with Zach Randolph and Ruben Patterson a distant second in Portland. Those are the facts. That might have been a shocking night, but at no point did anyone who follows the NBA on a regular basis say to themselves, "I can't believe Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson are taking on Row 3 in the Palace right now!" Sketchiest pair of teammates in the league, roughest group of fans in the league. Not a good combo.

HOLY CRAP, I think the Sports guy reads TSW... i made this EXACT point the day after the event right here:

Most underrated part of the night: The ESPN Shootaround crew defending Artest on Friday night by saying that he diffused the situation with Ben Wallace by lying on the scorer's table, then had every right to flip out once someone tossed a beer on him. First of all, Artest was lying on the table because he was being a jerk -- there were 10 people between him and Big Ben, so there was more than a little gamesmanship in that move. He knew it would infuriate Wallace. Which it did. Second, who the heck would defiantly lie on a scorer's table like that? Would Grant Hill have done that? KG? Dwyane Wade? Steve Nash? Anyone rational?

I actually mentioned Steve Nash and Grant Hill and said Artest was a jerk for laying there.

Hey SportsGuy, how about some credit! :lol: