Jason Garrett

I saw the segment on NFL Countdown. They weren't saying Garrett was a sleeper candidate. They were saying he "possibly could" be a sleeper candidate. They were definite about Brian Schott-mer being a sleeper.

Rotoworld must just regurgitate what other newsfeeds carry.

C

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think that? Who would you prefer (taking Cowher and Marty out of the equation).

I live in the Dallas area so I hear and see more about him than others.

Maybe with the run they are on he's finally coming around, but criticism was heavy that he gave up on the run too easily, out thought himself at times etc.

Leadership ability? Remember the 08 season?

I just don't see that he has the elusive IT.

Can't give you a good smart answer on who I would prefer, I just know I don't like Garrett. (my huge anti-Dallas sentiment definitely clouds my thinking too -_- )

I live in the Dallas area so I hear and see more about him than others.

Maybe with the run they are on he's finally coming around, but criticism was heavy that he gave up on the run too easily, out thought himself at times etc.

Leadership ability? Remember the 08 season?

I just don't see that he has the elusive IT.

Can't give you a good smart answer on who I would prefer, I just know I don't like Garrett. (my huge anti-Dallas sentiment definitely clouds my thinking too -_- )

That's cool. Wasn't trying to argue just curious cause I've never heard anything negative about him. Personally I don't think it will happen regardless since it would take a huge cash offer to bring him to B-lo.

I think the smart money is still on Frazier or B. Schot. I'd prefer the later of those two ... but I honestly don't know much about either Frazier or B.Schot. Just what I've read the past few weeks.

I'd be happy with Garrett, I am sure he was hoping Wade got the ax but that shouldn't happen now.

But don't put it past Jerry to win the SB and still fire Wade to keep a pretty boy face.

Nothing would shock me when it comes to Jerr-uh.

PTR

Mortenson mentioned Garrett in connection with the Bills job this morning, on ESPN. Personally, as someone who sees way too much Dallas Cowboys football, I wouldn't rush to sign him...he is in a great situation in Dallas, and Buffalo is a ways away from having that much talent. Garrett, IMO, is not a great play caller, and, IMO, he is way too much in love with the passing game, even at the expense of a productive running game... how that translates in to him being a good head coach, I am not sure, but I would rather not find out...

There was some talk of him a few hours ago.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=105354

And I heard somebody say that part of that huge contract was an agreement for him not to take any other jobs. Sort of a retainer to keep him in Dallas.

Same deal that Jimbo got at Florida State. 5 mill to be the successor to Bowden. OF course that was like 5 years ago I am sure he did not expect Bowden to last so long.

He would be the only coordinator I'd be looking at b/c no matter what you say about JJ, he does not want to lose him b/c of how integral he is to the Cowboys. JJ knows when Wade finally retires or is fired, Garrett will be the guy for many years to come. That offense went from nothing to very good within 5 years, and Garrett, not Wade, is responsible with that. Trent Edwards would succeed if he had those weapons, especially that healthy O-line.

I'm as excited as anybody at the prospect of Bill Cower coaching the Bills, but if that doesn't happen and we start interviewing coordinators, I've heard Ron Rivera and Russ Grimm and Leslie Frazier mentioned. Why has Jason Garrett fallen off everyones radar? 2 years ago he was such a hot prospect that JJ gave home 3 mil a year to OC. After a down year in 2008, the Cowboys offence looks pretty impressive again this year. If we want an offensive minded coach, shouldn't he be high on our list or did I miss something?

good luck with that