[Link] Are Cowher, Bills In Contract Negotiations?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to think this way too. Must be step 3 of the 12 step process..

I couldn't blame him if waiting on Wade's outcome could create this opportunity. Love my Bills and I'm desparate for a competitive team here, but were I in his shoes...

Damn!

Now I have to root for the 'dem Cowboys?!?'

The Cowboys!!! :D:doh::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Well, at least the press conferences would be more entertaining ...

Which begs the question, "Where are The Senator's posts touting the hiring of the disgraced Mike Leach?" Surely he would provide interesting press conferences, as well as creative punishment for players out of favor.

Which begs the question, "Where are The Senator's posts touting the hiring of the disgraced Mike Leach?" Surely he would provide interesting press conferences, as well as creative punishment for players out of favor.

Oh, we had quite the discussion about that little contretemps, we did.

BTW, good to see you...

I think it makes sense when we hear rumors about a Cowher signing not happening till next week (if ever). The Bills may have the only head coach opening right now but if Dallas loses their first playoff game, the speculation is Jerry might clean house. Maybe Cowher wants to check out what will happen this weekend before he signs on the dotted line in B-Lo.

I think it makes sense when we hear rumors about a Cowher signing not happening till next week (if ever). The Bills may have the only head coach opening right now but if Dallas loses their first playoff game, the speculation is Jerry might clean house. Maybe Cowher wants to check out what will happen this weekend before he signs on the dotted line in B-Lo.

And why would he want to work for Jerry Jones?

And why would he want to work for Jerry Jones?

I have no idea? maybe it's just a high profile job he could explore and maybe Jones would take a backseat like Snyder is trying to do with the Shanny hire.

I can't imagine Cowher is dying to live and work in Buffalo. He will get silly money wherever he goes and Jerry will open his wallet for any player personnel.

If he didn't give Parcells total control the same could be assumed for Cowher. Jerry typically likes lackey coaches anyways.

Well, he *has* hired Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells in the past; those could hardly be called "lackeys." Then again, there's Barry Switzer, Dave Campo, Chan Gailey, and Wade.

Here's my take: as with Shanahan prostituting himself for Dan Snyder, if Cowher is the kind of guy who would take more money to work for Jerry Jones, then I don't want him here anyway.

I don't think he's that kind of guy. I think he knows what he had in Dan Rooney and he's not going to go back to coaching just to work for an egotistical loudmouth who has to be involved in every decision and take credit for every success. (This is not to say that Ralph is a prince, but Ralph doesn't preen on the sidelines during games and make himself the face of the franchise.)

I could be wrong, though, so I'm rooting for the Cowboys this weekend.