Dontes quote

zazie

Sounds like he knows he is a goner....

QUOTE TO NOTE

"Nobody likes uncertainty but nobody is promised a job next year. You don't know who's going to be here, or what's going to happen. The best thing to do is take the offseason, get your mind clear, stay in shape ... We're going to do everything possible to get to where we need to go because our fans deserve more - and we deserve more." -- S Donte Whitner.

I agree Donte, you better stay in shape.

Big change from last year, where he was promising he would remain a starter. Due to DJ, he did start at the beginning of the season, but was benched (for the best) soon. Next step, cut his #8 draft pick salary.

I don't think I am reading too much into his quote. He seems clear actually.

He knows he is on the bubble even now.

"Sounds like he knows he is a goner...."

"He knows he is on the bubble even now."

Clear? Even you can't make up your mind. :wallbash:

I don't think that necessarily means he thinks he's gone, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

The problem with him is that he's not that bad where you can just cut him without any thought, but he's terribly disappointing considering where he was drafted and probably isn't deserving of a starting spot on this team. I'd love it if they could get something halfway decent for him, but I just don't see it. The best we can hope for is a miracle that a new coach will reach some untapped potential we haven't noticed yet. :wallbash:

"Sounds like he knows he is a goner...."

"He knows he is on the bubble even now."

Clear? Even you can't make up your mind. :wallbash:

Seems pretty clear to me:

1.) "NOBODY likes uncertainly"

2.) "nobody is promised a job next year"

Nothing wrong with his quote at all

If anything, I think he might be talking about one or more QBs on the roster; not himself. That's a pretty vague statement that any player in the NFL could say at the end of any season.

Unless DW was using the "Royal We'" in the last sentence of the quote, it reads,

"[The Bills organization is] going to do everything possible to get to where [the team] need to go because our fans deserve more - and [bills players/employees] deserve more."

Using the word 'we' indicates he still identifies as a Bill and expects to be back. That's not the language of disgruntlement or worry about being cut outright by a new GM/coach before camp. If he had said "they" you might have the beginning of a point.

Personally, I would like to see how DW performs in a defense that does not routinely align CBs 10 yards off of the LOS before the snap. Whether we get a coach that will finally change this moronic scheme remains to be seen.

I think most Marve era pix will be on the bubble, save for Pos - who should be replaced with McClean ® Alabama

Sorry to bash on Poz because he seems like a decent guy but I think we screwed the pooch on him in typical Bills fashion. London Fletcher is still plugging away in Washington and getting the job done. We spent a 2nd round pick on Poz and what exactly have we gotten? A guy that for 3 years can't play a full season and popular support aside is just a good role player.

How was this an upgrade from Fletcher? We could have used that second round pick on something we needed like an offensive or defensive linemen.

Sorry to bash on Poz because he seems like a decent guy but I think we screwed the pooch on him in typical Bills fashion. London Fletcher is still plugging away in Washington and getting the job done. We spent a 2nd round pick on Poz and what exactly have we gotten? A guy that for 3 years can't play a full season and popular support aside is a good role player.

How was this an upgrade from Fletcher? We could have used that second round pick on something we needed like an offensive or defensive linemen.

Poz played at a very high level the second half of the season.

I don't think that necessarily means he thinks he's gone, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

The problem with him is that he's not that bad where you can just cut him without any thought, but he's terribly disappointing considering where he was drafted and probably isn't deserving of a starting spot on this team. I'd love it if they could get something halfway decent for him, but I just don't see it. The best we can hope for is a miracle that a new coach will reach some untapped potential we haven't noticed yet. :wallbash:

I'm interested in seeing what another coaching staff will do with him. He is versital and was playing great against the run until he got hurt (not benched as someone said earlier). He seems like the type of player that would do better in a more attacking style defense than in our current scheme. I'd like to see him at SS for the full year where they allow him to play at the LOS and blitz instead of lining him up at three different positions.