Glazer reporting entire staff dismissed

ILoveBFLO

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Graham's post on staff firings: AFC East Blog.

Note that Graham's list includes John Allaire - hard to tell if that is Graham's list of what he considers coaches, or is actually a definitive list of those given walking papers...

How can he be surprised at the speed of the firings? Or that April is gone???

Look, there are few good candidates and several open HC spots. Why would anyone expect them to wait?

yeah, I don't think either of those things are all that shocking.

Graham's list also includes Tyke Tolbert, who didn't finish the season with the Bills, correct?

Tolbert was hired by LSU, but finished out the year w/ the Bills

Tolbert, who hails from Conroe, Texas, will finish out the year in Buffalo before reporting to his new gig.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/306148-...ching-vacancies

I just talked to a friend of mine who was on the coaching staff. He just finished cleaning out his office and confirmed that it is everyone. He told me a couple of weeks ago that Russ Brandon promised him an interview with the new HC when he comes onboard but I am not sure if that will still be the case.

Interesting insight, thanks. Any chance your friend knows who's coming to replace him?

On the NFL Network scroll it said "Buddy Nix fires entire Bills coaching staff and tells them to clean out their offices and leave the building".

:rolleyes:

If this is true I now officially have a man crush on Buddy Nix.

In mah best southern drawl

"Let's see heah, 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10." "Folks, this dog just ain't gunna hunt. Ima gunna need ya'll ta pack up yer stuff and get the hell out of mah faciliteeees"

Why shackle a future coaching staff with one decent (not amazing) coach?

As someone else hinted, the staff may have been let go to signal to the prospective new HC that he will have a say in all hirings. That is a strong first message and lets the relationship between the HC and organization to get going on the right foot - not to say it removes any future excuses said HC may make should he be unsuccessful.

If this is true I now officially have a man crush on Buddy Nix.

In mah best southern drawl

"Let's see heah, 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10." "Folks, this dog just ain't gunna hunt. Ima gunna need ya'll ta pack up yer stuff and get the hell out of mah faciliteeees"

LOL! Would make a great BANG cartoon! :rolleyes:

well when they say "entire staff" does that mean Modrak and Guy too? I really hope so.

Buffalo News:

John Allaire, strength and conditioning; Bobby April, assistant head coach and special teams coordinator; Ray Brown, assistant offensive line; George Catavolos, defensive backs; Charlie Coiner, tight ends; DeMontie Cross, assistant linebackers; Nate Hackcett, quality control; Sean Kugler, offensive line; Chuck Lester, assistant to the head coach; Bob Sanders, defensive line; Matt Sheldon, linebackers; Eric Studesville, running game coordinator; Tyke Tolbert, receivers; Alex Van Pelt, offensive coordinator; and Adrian White, quality control.

Interesting insight, thanks. Any chance your friend knows who's coming to replace him?

No. I got together with him when he came to Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and he said things have been very strange since Jauron got let go. He described it as a bunch of people trying to steer the Titanic. No one seemed know what was happening and several people were trying to take control. They had no discussions about the future for the most part and the office was very tense. As I said before, he was told back when Shannahan was interviewed that he would be given a chance to interview for the new coach but I am not sure if that still applies. FWIW, he also said April was very pissed that he didn't get the interim HC job. Apparently he wasn't a fan of Fewell because he cut a couple of his best ST players.

Buffalo News:

John Allaire, strength and conditioning; Bobby April, assistant head coach and special teams coordinator; Ray Brown, assistant offensive line; George Catavolos, defensive backs; Charlie Coiner, tight ends; DeMontie Cross, assistant linebackers; Nate Hackcett, quality control; Sean Kugler, offensive line; Chuck Lester, assistant to the head coach; Bob Sanders, defensive line; Matt Sheldon, linebackers; Eric Studesville, running game coordinator; Tyke Tolbert, receivers; Alex Van Pelt, offensive coordinator; and Adrian White, quality control.

Yeah...thats a real "who's who" of coaches and coordinators there.

What a terrible loss......NOT.

Not a good year for Bobby April, his special teams did not look prepared at times.

So many penalties. I was thinking all year April was overrated. If it weren't for Moorman our special teams would have officially sucked