King on Cowher

LABills08

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowher said to be squarely on the radar in Buffalo. The Bills think they have a legitimate shot at Cowher.

For myself, if Cowher says yes, except for Fewell, the interviews are over.

Don't they still have to interview a black candidate under the NFL's policies?

For myself, if Cowher says yes, except for Fewell, the interviews are over.

Generally, if you offer someone a job and he accepts, that's the end of it.

Glazer said we have a chance to get him...he likes the roster and is interested in the job. Meanwhile we'll keep interviewing before meeting again with Cowher. Just a quick 30 seconds or so.

Thank you.

LOL no ****. I mean it has been said they are interviewing him tomorrow morning. Anyone that thinks it is anything more than a rooney rule interview should get a clue

I dunno. It's a classic, cheap Ralph hire, and I could see it if Cowher passes on the job. That said, Nix did indicate that he wants someone with HC experience, so I'm less concerned that Ralph will default to Perry. But I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Unless Cowher has already agreed terms -- which I suppose is possible -- this isn't necessarily a pro forma Rooney Rule interview like Jerry Grey's phony interview with the Skins. After all, we're also interviewing Rivera, thus putting us in compliance . . .

However the way he it put it "He may have to coach in Buffalo" makes it sound like its his only option and a bad place to end up

And you disagree with that? I could see him choosing CBS this year over the Bills to wait out the situations in Carolina, Tampa Bay, Houston, or any number of other teams instead.

And you disagree with that? I could see him choosing CBS this year over the Bills to wait out the situations in Carolina, Tampa Bay, Houston, or any number of other teams instead.

He's already waited 3 years. If he doesn't get back into it now, he might as well retire from coaching.

Trust me, there are a LOT worse places to end up than here...this team has a lot of good young core players to build around. If they can get a good QB they can contend for the playoffs quickly...

A LOT. OK, name me A LOT of other teams worse than here at this point? Just curious. I really want you to prove me wrong.

I take Glazer's word over just about any other reporter covering the NFL.

Coach Sal made an excellent point about why Tampa won't be in the running for Cowher. Malcolm Glazer can't afford him. Why? He's still paying off Gruden and he is paying off a $1.6B loan to buy Manchester United in the English Premier League. In fact Sal says the interest alone if $60M a year!! They would have to pay Raheem Morris if they fire him. Glazer is a wealthy man but I don't think he wants 3 head coaches on his payroll, especially when one will cost $10M++ a year.

PTR

Just on NBC. Totally speculative, but he said that if Bill Cowher wants to coach next year, Buffalo might be his best option (b/c Carolina and Tampa will likely not be open).

it's his best option because when he leads a 2nd team to the lombardi...especially THIS team...he will be an all-time god and first ballot hall-of-famer. :thumbsup:

Fox came on strong with his team at the end of the year. Not surprising since Delhomme wasn't in there putting his team into a deeper hole than they could get out of. Fox minus Delhomme = playoffs for Carolina if Moore would've been starting all year. Raheem "Radio" Morris started to win some people over in Tampa at the end of the year. They have a promising future with Josh Freeman and Cadillac Williams (if he can remain healthy). A couple of moves to bolster the defense and they could be climbing the ladder next year as well. Houston could make the playoffs tonight if the Jets lose and they're going to can Kubiak? Get real. He's likely done the best job over the last 5 weeks of any coach in the NFL. Cowher is coming to the Bills baby! :thumbsup:

I could see him choosing CBS this year over the Bills to wait out the situations in Carolina, Tampa Bay, Houston, or any number of other teams instead.

Things are lining up alot more positively for a possible Cowher signing with the Bills than at any other point, having said that, my guess is that you may be right. If he waits it out, he risks Carolina going to the playoffs next year in which he would probably lose out on that ideal possibility, but he may wait it out.

If the Bills offer him that $10Mil a year contract and final say over player personel decisions I think there is a very good chance we could get him.

I think there is a good 50/50 chance that he comes to Buffalo to be our new HC.

Trust me, there are a LOT worse places to end up than here...this team has a lot of good young core players to build around. If they can get a good QB they can contend for the playoffs quickly...

That is exactly what Jay Glazer also said in the Fox Post Game show. He said that Cowher is intrigued by the set of Young players on the Bills roster and is squarely in the hunt for this HC position.