King on Cowher

LABills08

Anybody else catch the new guy on the 550 pregame show yesterday who kept saying "when john clayton says something about Bill Cowher that means a lot to me"?

are u kidding me!? that station is such a joke sometimes.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Sal made an excellent point about why Tampa won't be in the running for Cowher. Malcolm Glazer can't afford him. Why? He's still paying off Gruden and he is paying off a $1.6B loan to buy Manchester United in the English Premier League. In fact Sal says the interest alone if $60M a year!! They would have to pay Raheem Morris if they fire him. Glazer is a wealthy man but I don't think he wants 3 head coaches on his payroll, especially when one will cost $10M++ a year.

PTR

Man United is a money machine in good economies and still doing OK even now. Glazer is worried about some personal loans totalling $157 mill which he had to take out and is trying to refinance. He doesn't want to carry them over in 2017. And he has already paid down the debts from more than $250 million. I would suggest that the problem isn't immediate enough to prevent him from getting Cowher if he wants him.

Man United is the Yankees of British soccer and they're still making money, though not as much as Glazer would like.

This is far from a definite thing.