Hmm.. Who suggested Maybin? Let's promote them!

Chuckknox

Honestly, I believe it was a Jauron/Fewell collab to take Maybin. Fewell was out watching guys at the combine too, I remember it being reported. Thankfully, after Sunday, both will no longer be a part of the Bills organization. :flirt:

So Maybin is officially in the bust pile already? and no (nix) he can't take credit for picking any good players just bad ones no matter where he was working only allowed to take blame for anything that went wrong and absolutely under any circumstances get any credit for anything that went well.

Cowhers picks of wide reciever Charles Johnson or Jamain Stephens or Troy Edwards or Kendall Simmons or Mark Bruener all first round picks who didnt have exactly stellar careers as an example.

Honestly, I believe it was a Jauron/Fewell collab to take Maybin. Fewell was out watching guys at the combine too, I remember it being reported. Thankfully, after Sunday, both will no longer be a part of the Bills organization. :flirt:

Yeah, I'm not sure if people realize it, but the coaching staff also scouts players in the offseason and Jauron himself had a major influence on their draft day decisions.

Yeah, I'm not sure if people realize it, but the coaching staff also scouts players in the offseason and Jauron himself had a major influence on their draft day decisions.

Oh absolutely. When Jauron was introduced he spoke about how to build a defense in the NFL. He said that you needed quick lightweight D-linemen and an abundance of DB's to cover 5 wide receiver sets. Then the next year he was quoted as telling the scouting dept to only consider players that would fit the Tampa-2 scheme. This is why we passed on players like Haloti Ngata and haven't improved the team in the 4 years that he was here.

Lets just hold Nix responsible for every thing and everu pick why dont we. The Bills employ 6 scouts I believe and Nix was one of them - yet he is responsible for all of our picks? I dont believe that. I do knwo that this was the Bills best draft in 10 years and the only one Nix has been a part of. Has a good pedigree too.

I'm sure he'd also be happy to take responsibility for Wood, Levitre, Nelson, and Byrd (Pro Bowler).

You don't get it. Only the mistakes (albeit the 2nd youngest player in the NFL) count. You can't count a pro bowl safety, 2 very good looking rookie guards, and a potential major weapon at TE. And if Nic Harris develops into a starter at LB, he doesn't count either. Just the mistakes. Get with the program.

Word is that most of the staff (Fewell, etc) and front office did NOT want Maybin.

Apparently, Maybin was a Jauron wet-dream.

I wrote to Chris Brown several months ago and asked him why the Bills didn't take Orakpo instead of Maybin. He replied that apparently the Bills' front office felt he took too many plays off.

If he takes too many plays off (11 sacks now for the Redskins), I wonder what Maybin does...

You don't get it. Only the mistakes (albeit the 2nd youngest player in the NFL) count. You can't count a pro bowl safety, 2 very good looking rookie guards, and a potential major weapon at TE. And if Nic Harris develops into a starter at LB, he doesn't count either. Just the mistakes. Get with the program.

And i'm not sure we can really count Maybin as a mistake at this point. Allow him to gain some weight and develop his pass rush moves and the Bills may have a solid pass rushing DE on their hands.

Lets just hold Nix responsible for every thing and everu pick why dont we. The Bills employ 6 scouts I believe and Nix was one of them - yet he is responsible for all of our picks? I dont believe that. I do knwo that this was the Bills best draft in 10 years and the only one Nix has been a part of. Has a good pedigree too.

Not to get off topic, but it bears mentioning that this was also the first draft in which Tom Modrak was given greater clout in the decision making.

As I stated in another thread, between meddling Ralph, football scout wannabe Brandon, and Jauron, the opinions of people like Modrak were likely marginalized in terms of clout on draft day.

yeah - that's the ticket

Dick picked all of the bad guys and busts

and when he wasn't looking, Buddy Nix sent in the card for the goods guys

sounds like a plan

And i'm not sure we can really count Maybin as a mistake at this point. Allow him to gain some weight and develop his pass rush moves and the Bills may have a solid pass rushing DE on their hands.

Put him at OLB and set him loose.

yeah - that's the ticket

sounds like a plan

I hear what you are saying, but there is a pattern.

Levy/Jauron came to town in 2006. Look a their draft. This is how they saw fit to rebuild a pathetic team. As you know, we actually gave away an early 3rd round pick in this mess.

Parcells came to Miama in 2008. Look at who he went with in the draft. My point? Levy/Jauron really had no clue. Maybe Nix does. He certainly would seem to.

yeah - that's the ticket

sounds like a plan

Whatever bro. I remember Fewell talking about how impressed he was with Maybin at the combine. Regardless of how you try to twist this to throw it on Nix, last year's draft was the BEST draft Buffalo has had in years. YEARS BRO. Seems awful coincidental that Nix came back last January, huh? Just take a look at all of the previous over the last 3 years before 2009 and you tell me where the "fault" lies. :censored:

AGAIN..................... for christ sake richard dent, aaron schobel, bruce smith, tony tolbert, charles haley, jim jeffcoat, fred dean, marcellus wiley, joey porter, cameron wake, greg lloyd, jason gildon, james harrison, michael mccrary, trace armstrong, chad bratzke, joe johnson, patrick kerney, the list is long and goes on forever for players who did NOTHING THEIR FIRST YEAR.... NOTHING... marcellus wiley was 215 lbs as a sophmore in college.

give maybin some time let him grow and get stronger, let him learn and develop better technique.... he hasnt even had a full training camp..........

He also got wood, levitre, byrd, nelson and harris. that to me is atleast decent.

Wish Wood a quick recovery, but who knows where that will or could have gone..

Byrd is a keeper and Nelson will be the threat we have coveted ever since Moulds left. This guy will come around for sure once he settles in and can stay healthy.

Levitre is nasty and gets beat up at times, but he will come around and stayed healthy and lucky.