Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

sorry but every winning team has a franchise qb this year, its becoming a passing league.... get over it.......

Ding, we have a winner! :worthy:

The Bills need to find a QB...Brohm, Bradford, Clauson, Kolb. Running the ball well is secondary to the passing game in today's NFL.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u are a !@#$ing moron..... losman blows, edwards blows. WE NEED A QB FIRST AND FOREMOST, THEN THE LINES..............................

Been trying that for the last 15 years. Hasn't worked well. And the insults/profanity toward other posters needs to stop here.

Thanks.

u are a !@#$ing moron..... losman blows, edwards blows. WE NEED A QB FIRST AND FOREMOST, THEN THE LINES..............................

calm down Russ

we know that's how its been since Polian left

and we know how successful its been

how about we try it like the real NFL teams do

On Sunday, count how much time elapses between the snap of the ball and when there is pressure in the QBs face.

We all know that our line sucks too. But Bills fans should be able to remember countless times in which Edwards had enough time and held the ball long enough to checkdown to the runningback. The guy simply does not have the gonads or arm to throw the ball into tight spaces down the field. The playoff QBs do have the arms and guts to throw those passes. Trent was always waiting for a guy to be wide open because he knows that his noodle arm couldn't hit the guys who were in tight coverage.

I can't even believe that there are still fans who believe in Trent Edwards. I was laughing at his down the field lollipop passes even when he was winning games.

We all know that our line sucks too. But Bills fans should be able to remember countless times in which Edwards had enough time and held the ball long enough to checkdown to the runningback. The guy simply does not have the gonads or arm to throw the ball into tight spaces down the field. The playoff QBs do have the arms and guts to throw those passes. Trent was always waiting for a guy to be wide open because he knows that his noodle arm could hit the guys who were in tight coverage.

I can't even believe that there are still fans who believe in Trent Edwards. I was laughing at his down the field lollipop passes even when he was winning games.

Gonads?!? Do you remember how he got hurt in the Jets game? Anyone who has lined up behind that line has to have some gonads.

P.S. Personally, I think it is good coaching to have your QB check down if you cannot connect to your primary receiver (whether it because you do not have the time, the primary is not open . . . .)

We all know that our line sucks too. But Bills fans should be able to remember countless times in which Edwards had enough time and held the ball long enough to checkdown to the runningback. The guy simply does not have the gonads or arm to throw the ball into tight spaces down the field. The playoff QBs do have the arms and guts to throw those passes. Trent was always waiting for a guy to be wide open because he knows that his noodle arm could hit the guys who were in tight coverage.

Never mind the fans. Sounds like Buddy Nix still believes in him. Watch it happen.

Trent Edwards has only been in the league a few years- and he probably won't be great- he's good enough to win with a strong line, a running game and a good group or WR's- focusing on a franchise WR in the slot who can catch about 10 passes/game.

i hope they can get a good qb like sam bradford or jimmy clausen

I am a fan of LeFevour, myself, but those are good QBs as well. Bradford may already be damaged goods

its called doing both genius................................

looking thru your post history you have said that 8 million people should be GM, and that the Bills should draft a LT first, a QB first. My point is that you should think more, and post less.

i don't like it, but i'm not going to crucify the guy until i see who he hires...but did anyone else think he sounded like jauron with a southern accent?

we need luck? we're close? 2 or 3 plays? that it utter bull ****. who does he think is watching these press conferences? no one believes that ****.

You don't understand something quite simple:

70 year old men don't get their first GM gig in the NFL. It doesn't happen. If by the age of 70 with many years in the NFL a guy hasn't gotten the top football job for a NFL team, there's a pretty darn good reason why.

Some people a #1's, some are #2's, and most aren't even that. Buddy has a fine track record, but there no coincidence that he wasn't hired before as GM.

Besides, how long is he going to be around? Most men (Ron Wolf, et al) are retired by this point. They found someone who works cheap, won't stand up to Littman/Ralph, and is just happy to have the job.

BV, you are one of the best posters ever on this board imo, but I think I disagree with you here.

If Nix REALLY is one of the top 5 talent evaluators in football, who really gives a !@#$ about anything else? I am willing to write off his years with the Bills due to what I imagine was a meddling Levy. The mans work really took off after he left Buffalo, although I must say the the 95 draft was superb.

There are some guys out there that really can spot talent. Levy and Jauron really knew and cared a lot about the secondary and special teams, and that was it. If Nix is one of them, this constitutes an edge. He has been associated with people like Smith, Butler and Marty. This is a very good thing imo.

Again BV, IF the man is THAT much of a football man, he will look at this team and NOT draft a top 10 safety, corner or gadget player. I know.....what happens in terms of coaching is another issue of extreme importance. I do NOT want Fewell in here. I will go out on a limb and say that if he can convince Marty to come back, playoffs in 2 years.

In all, I view Nix as a giant step up.