Buffalo a "real player" for Vick next year

Coach Tuesday

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rumor-Nation-7527.html

Take it for what it is, which is an unverified "scoop." That said, Lombardi was a GM for many years and has a wide network including NFL front office execs and agents.

I am really torn on this. Actually, I'm not. I'm a big animal rights proponent, and so it would be a pretty easy decision for me - I'd walk away from the Bills. Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I don't get about this reports. What sense would it make for anyone in the Bills' FO to leak this info out? It makes zero sense.

And I think Vick is a total scumbag and wouldn't root for him. However what makes this easier is the fact that I know he's not a good QB. If it were Peyton or Brady in his shoes, I may talk myself into just that it's time to win at all cost. But I'm not rooting for a dog murderer who is a below average QB.

He did his time. You might still be upset, understandingly so, but let him prove himself as a guy who doesn't abuse animals anymore. Lets see if he got the message when he was in jail.

As for him playing for the Bills, I don't think he would last long. I think he would get hurt. He certainly is a talent and an above average qb but I would prefer a gunslinger. Someone who would rather throw than run. Hopefully we have that in Brohm. Time will only tell.

This all could be coming from Vick's agent. In which case means zip. He probably mentions every team looking for a QB as a possible landing spot for his client. It makes no sense for the Bills to leak such info since they don't have (I'm assuming) the front office that will be building the team next year.

Too many blogs and not enough facts, I say.

PTR

If he is the best option available, then they should pursue him. But it remains to be seen if he's the best option. If they draft a QB in the early rounds, I'd like to see a stable veteran QB on the roster to guide him. If not Fitzpatrick, then perhaps Garcia or Delhomme as a backup.

This is what I don't get about this reports. What sense would it make for anyone in the Bills' FO to leak this info out? It makes zero sense.

And I think Vick is a total scumbag and wouldn't root for him. However what makes this easier is the fact that I know he's not a good QB. If it were Peyton or Brady in his shoes, I may talk myself into just that it's time to win at all cost. But I'm not rooting for a dog murderer who is a below average QB.

word. +1000!

Eagles don't even let him pass--that has got to say something to the apologists. He may find success doing something that capitalizes on his speed, but he is not a good enough QB for the money he asks for.

Plus, you know, that whole dirtbag thing.

A new GM should make the decision. Vick would be no go as under our system we want "character" guys. Notice how we picked Mike Williams over Bryant McKinney, and how Incognito humiliated us by hitting the defensive linemen harder than he should have and actually putting his hands on Junior Seau. Vick Jackson and Lynch in the same backfield would be too much hurt for the other teams in the running game (an inherent "wildcat" with 3 players who can pass?...that is dirty football and not our type. Nope...we might not win the superbowl but when all is said and done we will get the little crucifix and copy of the New Testament for being nice...and isn't that what its all about?

a.) Vick is unlikeable and won't sell tickets - he'll turn away more fans than he'll bring in because of the dogfighting AND

b.) the fact that he isn't a very good quarterback. Not clear if he ever was, but he surely isn't now. Even his rushing stats are crummy in Philly.

TO=2009 Marketing Tool

Vick=2010 Marketing Tool?

Anything to sell tickets and cover up a product which defines mediocrity this decade. That is, if it happens.

St John Fisher would be demanding that Russ Brandon return his marketing degree if he thought that would work