Buffalo a "real player" for Vick next year

Coach Tuesday

See if this helps and gives you more insight to what I was thinking. Sorry I'm poor at putting thoughts into words...

you're the average Bills fan, you go to 2 games a year, buy a TO in the BLo Shirt, etc. Spend say $300 the whole season on the Bills and say 50 hours of your life watching their games on TV.

Suddenly they sign MICHAEL VICK and you pull your 50 hours of life and $300 back because of his dog fighting history.

My issue is, are these same people being so decisive with their time and money in regards to other, major issues going on in the world? Or do we care only so much about football, the bills and animal cruelty that it takes a team signing a player for us to take ACTION in regards to our time and finances? I hope not, but I simply fear this is indeed the case.

Are these same people already putting that same 50 hours in serving at a homeless shelter or using that $300 to donate to troops overseas for the holidays? Thats what I'm getting at...

ON a side note - I'd like to bring him into camp and see what he's got left. I think he is a horrible pocket passer with no accuracy but he's done one thing that neither TE or Fitz has and thats throw more TDs then INTs for a career.

I'm done, have at it, mock me, ridicule me, I'm brain dead, etc etc...

No mocking or ridicule, I just disagree with your logic.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did kill dogs though. In fact he electrocuted dogs, hung dogs, drown dogs, and smashed them to death off of asphalt. I like how people overlook his other favorite activities as well. Like knowingly passing along his gift of herpes to women while using an alias to mask his nastiness. His vehicles have been used for drug trafficking and his crew has been involved in a number of assault charges. Vick has been present for alot of these instances as well, so lets not pretend he was unaware.

When people say they don't want him here it's for good reason. It has nothing to do with race either, but nice try. This board would be in full meltdown mode if Mcnabb was coming here. The truth is Vick was not half the player some people believe he was. So if you have chosen to forgive him, it still might not make sense. If it were the same circumstances for a HOF QB like Manning or Brady, the risk might be worth the reward. The same can be said for Mcnabb if that example comforts you more.

QB ratings:

Losman-75.6

Vick-75.9

Favre-86.3

Mcnabb-86.5

Brady-93

Manning-95.3

The QB ratings aren't everything but it's a good start in comparing.

You know you must be the first person to actually make sense when they speak rather than go off raw emotional sometimes personal feelings on this subject...nobody has ever said what mike did was rite he was completely wrong by doing those things. But the fact that people make it seem as he is a mass muderer (i.e damer, manson) which people have compared him to is absurd. Calling him a monster or to say that he is not a human being is ridiculous. Him doin the whole STD thing was wrong ass hell. But he lost over 100 mill and fame (the highest selling nfl jersey in history), he has to have that nasty stigma over his head. And he went to jail for 2 years. Karma caught up with him (money, fame, reputation gone), WHAT MORE DO PEOPLE WANT. Thats pretty even if you ask me, what should he kill himself over dogs HELL NO its not that serious.

It sounded pretty racial but I see you have more intelligence than half these morons on this sh*t. But you can't say id give brady or manning a pass but not mike. Wrong is Wrong no matter who it is, so if you'd take them to then you gotta take mike as well.

Now the stats... think about who their receivers are brady, manning, mcnabb, farve always had great receivers. Mike never has he only had alge. Come on PEERLESS PRICE you know bout that guy lol... What else you got to compare? how bout his most qb rushing yards to use behind a garbae o-line with rookie, two 2nd yr and washed up players. Would you want pennington or k.collins behind that line with fitz as back-up again?

If the Bills sign Vick, season tickets will sell faster than ever. I agree with everyone who says he's a scumbag for what he's done. It was terrible, what he's done. Do you think Ravens fans dropped their tickets after they let Ray Lewis play after murdering someone? I doubt it. And for each person saying they'll stop rooting for the Bills, there will be 10 more to take your place. Back before Vick signed with Philly, I was one of those saying I'd find another team if Buffalo signed him. But why give one person that much power? Vick isn't bigger than any team. He's one person. And if he comes to Buffalo, I'm sure as hell not going to run out and buy a number 7 jersey. But I'll still be rooting for my TEAM to win ever Sunday. Like I said, what he did was disgusting and horrible. But let's put it into perspective a little bit. He didn't rape or murder any people. I have 2 cats and a dog. Would I send my dog to stay with Vick down in Virginia? No. But I'll take him on the Bills if he can get us over the hump in a heartbeat.

Young money i co-sign you 100 thousand trillion percent (except the find another team back then thing)....people make it personal with him and not about the team. If they stopped liking the bills others will because some (like me) want mike to succeed. If you watched his return to atlanta they chanted WE WANT MIKE in atlanta. Thats love cuz i mean damn he plays for the other team LMAO how the hell that happen. they cheered when he scored LOL once again how the hell that happen, people like and people hate mike. So he will bring revenue (off interest alone) so they dont take the team out our city THATS BUSINESS. I dont want the bills to leave and nor should anybody on this board.

oh BUT ILL RUN OUT AND BUY THE JERSEY SORRY..i wanna be the first to have it so ill order it..lmao :wacko:

A tremendous post ... Lombardi is a qualified source, but this sounds like filler material ... just throw out some crap and see what sticks. Nice Job!

I dont understand.

supposedly, we dont know who our GM will be yet.... But somehow, the media knows who this GM who may not have even interviewed yet will select to be quarteback of this team.

Oh knock it off.

You may be one of the baffoons that constantly shell over hundreds of dollars a year on an inferior and mediocre product, but thankfully there are many fans who are starting to wake up.

Wilson does Buffalo no favors. WNY has this inferiority complex, and "oh, how awful it would be if they left", etc.

Listen, if you want to pay for crap than be my guest. This has nothing to do with being a "fan". This has more to do with a decade of absolutely NO committment to getting back to the Super Bowl as Ralph keeps preaching.

Thurman Thomas keeps getting all excited "that now Ralph just wants to see fun football again in WNY". Waitamminit...NOW? NOW???!?!?

What has he been wanting for the past 10 freakin' years?!!?

Please, please do yourself a favor and get over your self-righteousness. Vick is a gimmick, and if we were serious players without first getting a real front office then I will leave too. I certainly won't be falling for 'Barnum & Bailey' Brandon's idea of roster filled with circus performers and be paying hundreds of dollars for NFL Sunday Ticket access because I live out of market.

I've followed this team probably longer than you've had hair on your balls, so if you believe these guys are worth it, then so be it.

One of the best ways to demand better is cease paying for inferiority. Until you and other "fans" get it, the Bills will never improve.

Good day, sir.

And Merry Christmas!

I am one of those buffoons. I wasn't being self-righteous, I am just tired of hearing "I'll walk away..." then walk away. That's what I am saying. I was replying sepcifically to the self-righteousness concerning Vick, and having a #2. I apologize if my intent was not clear.

I don't think I said I was happy with the state of this team, and if I implied that, I would apologize again.

I don't have hair on my balls.

Happy New Year.