If the Redskins don't bring back J Campbell

B Rob

If it is at all possible he is playing behind a worse line than ours.He is a tough verteran QB that fights to stay in games no matter how bad he gets beat up.I have seen him at times control football games when given the chance.The style of offense that the Skins have played under Zorn has not fit what JC is all about.He is a pocket passer with enough mobility to move the chains.The fumbles are a concern but how much of that is to blame on the line he plays behind.The man has a strong arm and is very hard to knock out of games.

Making this move would allow us to adderss the line like we should in the draft .And it also gives this team a veteran QB it has needed.He can win ball games and has the arm to play in Buffalo.Under the right head coach and OC this guy could turn the corner and be the answer at a position Buffalo has not had since Flutie.

Guest dog14787
After seeing him tonight how could anyone think Campbell would be an improvement for the Bills? Do people actually watch football when making statements like this?

PTR

You have to admit PTR, Some Bills fans are somewhat deeply disturbed by the QB position around here. We are so used to rooting for QB's with that dazed look about them, Deer in the headlights look as folks call it from time to time.

We just want that Deer to get out of harms way and run, run like the wind,

Yup, deeply disturbed... :oops:

JC is another QB who shows no emotion on the field. The Bills need a Leader on the field who has complete control of this offense and earns the trust of his teammates. The Bills need a fiery leader at the QB, something that is missing since the Flutie days...

JC can throw the ball deep indeed, but often times disappears when needed. The Redskins have a top 5 defense and yet their offense has struggled.

JC is another QB who shows no emotion on the field. The Bills need a Leader on the field who has complete control of this offense and earns the trust of his teammates. The Bills need a fiery leader at the QB, something that is missing since the Flutie days...

JC can throw the ball deep indeed, but often times disappears when needed. The Redskins have a top 5 defense and yet their offense has struggled.

You mean Tebow don't you? :oops:

Campbell is terrible. Just another Rob Johnson or Kyle Boller who has a good strong arm but nothing else. Sorry, but no thanks.

Hard to disagree, but at this point I'd take Campbell, RJ or Boller. Seriously, what are the options for 2010 at QB? They can't seriously think they can live another year with Fitz/Edwards, can they? And they certainly can't put a rookie behind this line and with this coaching staff.

Really, who else is out there? Pennington? Tavaris Jackson? JP? Hell, I'd give Jeff George a tryout!

If it is at all possible he is playing behind a worse line than ours.He is a tough verteran QB that fights to stay in games no matter how bad he gets beat up.I have seen him at times control football games when given the chance.The style of offense that the Skins have played under Zorn has not fit what JC is all about.He is a pocket passer with enough mobility to move the chains.The fumbles are a concern but how much of that is to blame on the line he plays behind.The man has a strong arm and is very hard to knock out of games.

Making this move would allow us to adderss the line like we should in the draft .And it also gives this team a veteran QB it has needed.He can win ball games and has the arm to play in Buffalo.Under the right head coach and OC this guy could turn the corner and be the answer at a position Buffalo has not had since Flutie.

You have lost your mind. Have you seen Campbell play at all over the last 4 years? I live in VA and the Skins are on TV EVERY week. I have watched them play countless times, even though I didn't really want to. He is erratic at best. He does have a strong arm, but is very inaccurate on deep passes. I have seen him consistently overthrow wide open WR's. Santana Moss has great speed and Randle El is pretty fast as well, but he couldn't hit them on the fly. The line in Washington this year is horrible, but it hasn't always been that way. He still hasn't ever been able to get it done. He was benched in favor of Todd Collins two years ago when they actually made a playoff run. He has done nothing and is no better than a journeyman backup in this league. Sadly, he's likely better than anyone we have though. We need a QB who is consistently accurate on every level of throws from the short, to the intermediate, and the deep. We need a leader who can get it done on the field and rally the troops. Campbell is not that guy.

I agree with you somewhat. I also would like to see us bring him in and draft a qb in rounds 3 or 4. Let Brohm, Cambell and rook fight it out. I loved Brohm in college, don't see any other vets that excite me and not real impressed with the top few QB's in the draft.

I'm on board with it. Obviously, he'd be given the chance to win a the short term QB position and not handed the starting spot. Alot of naysayers in the thread but not one of them has come up with a better option.

The best we can hope for going into camp is something like this

Brohm

Campbell

Fitzpatrick

Pike or another rookie QB who we didn't burn a first rounder on

Sorry Bills fans, not alot of options.

Hard to disagree, but at this point I'd take Campbell, RJ or Boller. Seriously, what are the options for 2010 at QB? They can't seriously think they can live another year with Fitz/Edwards, can they? And they certainly can't put a rookie behind this line and with this coaching staff.

Really, who else is out there? Pennington? Tavaris Jackson? JP? Hell, I'd give Jeff George a tryout!

I'd give Tavaris Jackson a shot too.

.....again not many options.

You have lost your mind. Have you seen Campbell play at all over the last 4 years? I live in VA and the Skins are on TV EVERY week. I have watched them play countless times, even though I didn't really want to. He is erratic at best. He does have a strong arm, but is very inaccurate on deep passes. I have seen him consistently overthrow wide open WR's. Santana Moss has great speed and Randle El is pretty fast as well, but he couldn't hit them on the fly. The line in Washington this year is horrible, but it hasn't always been that way. He still hasn't ever been able to get it done. He was benched in favor of Todd Collins two years ago when they actually made a playoff run. He has done nothing and is no better than a journeyman backup in this league. Sadly, he's likely better than anyone we have though. We need a QB who is consistently accurate on every level of throws from the short, to the intermediate, and the deep. We need a leader who can get it done on the field and rally the troops. Campbell is not that guy.

I'm sure you're right on a lot of what you're saying. I did find this interesting: completion pct over last 4 yrs 53.1, 60.0, 62.3, 64.6 and rating 76.5, 77.6, 84.3, 87.0. I know there is more to being a good QB than stats but this is a good sign. I think we need to bring in a vet and just don't see anyone any better.

Meh, de meh, meh, meh.

If they ever brought Jason Campbell to Buffalo, I might burn all my Bills memorabilia and finally give up on them after over 35 years of being a die hard fan. He sucks-plain and simple.

Giving up a 1st round pick to get Rob Johnson after one start or trading back into 1st round to get JP didn't do it? wow!!

Giving up a 1st round pick to get Rob Johnson after one start or trading back into 1st round to get JP didn't do it? wow!!

The difference in those two deals, we didn't know how terrible they were when we signed them (there was actually hope), we already know that Campbell is pathetic and they still make the deal? Wow, so obvious.

The difference in those two deals, we didn't know how terrible they were when we signed them (there was actually hope), we already know that Campbell is pathetic and they still make the deal? Wow, so obvious.

I guess i wouldn't give up a 1st on hope after one start. Also, doubt we would have to give up anything for Campbell. If he's as bad as you say, he'll be released and we get him for free. More hope in Campbell continuing to progress and possibly becoming a good QB than any other vets out there.

I'd give Tavaris Jackson a shot too.

.....again not many options.

Campbell is the Trent Edwards of the NFC. I don't want him on the team but Tavaris Jackson is interesting. Now I don't view him as the long term solution but with an O-line in flux he could fit in well as a stop gap. He is able to make plays with his feet and if we can design an offense that fits his skill set instead of trying to fit players into our rigid system it might work out.

The Bills should try to get David Carr. He has 8 years in the league and played behind a terrible line early in his career, now he has sat behind Eli for about 4 years and can make all the throws. I think if he has the protection he could be the comeback player and the QB who was drafted #1 for a reason. We really don't have much to lose, sign him cheap...

No thanks, thats like patching a compound fracture with an ace bandage. He may be better than the guys we have now, but he is so inconsistent, he makes some terrible throws and looks lost at times.

Could not agree more.

Campbell has not yet demonstrated any qualities that would warrant him being a franchise-type of guy. He is the same as what we currently have on our roster.

Now that Washington has a real GM, the offseason and what Campbell's role will be next year with the 'Skins (if he even has one) will be telling of how talented he truly is. Allen has been behind the construction of 2 different Super Bowl teams (Raiders and Bucs) and I was sincerely hoping that the Bills would have gotten him.

Now that Cleveland has Holmgren, what the heck is Brandon doing?

I will say, if we are talking about ridiculous extremes, I would rather have Campbell than Vick.

The Bills should try to get David Carr. He has 8 years in the league and played behind a terrible line early in his career, now he has sat behind Eli for about 4 years and can make all the throws. I think if he has the protection he could be the comeback player and the QB who was drafted #1 for a reason. We really don't have much to lose, sign him cheap...

Yeah! Let's get a QB who sucked for 8 years. He's bound to snap out of his funk in Buffalo. :oops: For cripes sake can't we talk about actual good QBs???

PTR

Yes! I agree with this pick up. Carr and Brohm in camp for the spot.

I wouldn't mind Jackson either, but Minnesota might be reluctant to let him go when Favre starts doing the annual "Should I stay or should I go?" routine....which is closely followed by "I'm going," and all of the highlight reals and tears shed, then "I'm back," followed by a bunch of jersey sales and an impeccable first half of the season....and so it goes. For what it's worth, Jackson had 9 TD to 1 INT last year.

Campbell, while I am intrigued at a QB not named Fitzy or Edwards, I think I would look elsewhere.

If posters are correct, and Cleveland actually lets Quinn go, that would be another interesting pick up.

Yes! I agree with this pick up. Carr and Brohm in camp for the spot.

I wouldn't mind Jackson either, but Minnesota might be reluctant to let him go when Favre starts doing the annual "Should I stay or should I go?" routine....which is closely followed by "I'm going," and all of the highlight reals and tears shed, then "I'm back," followed by a bunch of jersey sales and an impeccable first half of the season....and so it goes. For what it's worth, Jackson had 9 TD to 1 INT last year.

Campbell, while I am intrigued at a QB not named Fitzy or Edwards, I think I would look elsewhere.

If posters are correct, and Cleveland actually lets Quinn go, that would be another interesting pick up.

Seems like Quinn has been playing pretty well lately. Anderson is more likely to be available. If the Jags draft Tebow like everyone seems to think they will, I'd like to give Garrard a shot. Not a pro bowl guy, but he's played pretty well without a ton of receiving talent.

Total agreement. Looking at last nights game against the Giants you can easily say he has a bad line in front of him...and he does. This is his 4th year and his first 3 years his line was pretty good. He is slow to read the defense and doesn't have good pocket presence. Collins is actually the better qb but is not considered the future. I think Campbell is a solid second string qb. In practice he can do it all...he tends to get stumped when another team lines up opposite him. I have seasons ticket to the Redskins games and what you can't see on tv is the missed opportunities because he doesn't see the field well. The skins burned a draft pick moving up to get him and he has yet to deliver.

Seems like Quinn has been playing pretty well lately. Anderson is more likely to be available. If the Jags draft Tebow like everyone seems to think they will, I'd like to give Garrard a shot. Not a pro bowl guy, but he's played pretty well without a ton of receiving talent.

Totally agree, Garrard isn't a world beater but he's a solid starter who doesn't turn over the ball. He'd be a very good stop gap option who's taken a team to the playoffs.

If the Jags draft Tebow, there is no way they cut Garrard. Tebow is no where near ready to be an NFL QB.

If the Jags draft Tebow, there is no way they cut Garrard. Tebow is no where near ready to be an NFL QB.

If he was available in the second round, I'd seriously consider him. Guys like Vick and Young were criticized for not having good throwing mechanics, but they were leaders and winners in college and they translated that success into the NFL, and I believe Tebow fits in that same mold.

If he was available in the second round, I'd seriously consider him. Guys like Vick and Young were criticized for not having good throwing mechanics, but they were leaders and winners in college and they translated that success into the NFL, and I believe Tebow fits in that same mold.

How many years did it take Young to become a decent QB though? He should never have seen the field until his 4th year. However, to say that Tebow and VY/MV are in the same mold is stupid. These guys are elusive runners, which helps them avoid big hits... while Tebow runs like a fullback. That is a recipe for being injured.

If Philly does want some people expect and start the Kolb era, i think giving philly marshawn and a 2nd for McNabb would be a great move. I want the bills to draft Pike or someone of high playing caliber. McNabb would start for 2 years for us and train the rookie. Groom him to be the Franchise QB. If we can't get McNabb and Campbell is available i would deffenently target him in FA. Fitzpatrick can stick around for our third stringer. Edwards bye bye.