Peter King wants Fox or Zimmer in Buffalo, with Weis as Fox's OC

Thurman#1

It's just an opinion, but I'd love to see Fox with Weis as his OC. That would rock.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...gameplan/1.html and scroll to the bottom.

"The Rumor Mill. Getting hot. I can feel the pregame-show vibe Sunday already: Cowher to Carolina. Shanahan to Washington. Somebody to Buffalo. (Personally, I'd like John Fox or Mike Zimmer there, with Fox bringing Charlie Weis to run the offense if it's him.)"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would work for me as long as there is someone new in the talant dept. upstairs! Have a feeling that where ever Wies goes Claussen will be rumured to follow.

Why? Feels like the ND experience was pretty unsatisfactory for both player and coach.

John Fox is a mediocre coach. With 3 winning seasons in 8 years, no thank you. It sucks that this is probably the type of coach this organization can get. All the other teams end up with the top coaches in the game, we end up with the Fox's and Jaurons of the league!

I would rather have Dungy than Fox. Just say no to John Fox!

Can't say as I'd mind having someone from Darth Parcells' coaching tree installed here as HC.

I can't stand Petey King though. He can keep his pinched-nose whiny stuttering voice the hell out of here AFAIC along with his adoration of all things Parcells/Billacheat/Brady/Cheaters.

Weis would be great fun in Buffalo. He could double as Santa or Frosty in the Christmas parade.

John Fox is a mediocre coach. With 3 winning seasons in 8 years, no thank you. It sucks that this is probably the type of coach this organization can get. All the other teams end up with the top coaches in the game, we end up with the Fox's and Jaurons of the league!

3 winning seasons (including a SB visit) out of 8 is a hell of a lot better than a decade of nothing. He's got a 68-57 record as a HC and a .625 win percentage in the post-season. I'd take Fox in a heartbeat if the Shanahans and the Cowhers of the world turn us down. Hell, Fox should have been our coach in 2001 if Ralph only hired people based on talent and merit and not interview skills.

+1 - short memories around here. Doesn't anyone recall that Jauron actually out-coached Fox earlier this season? Why would you want someone who can be outcoached by the guy you just ran out of here?

The only other guy Buffalo coaches have outcoached this year was Haley last week by Fewell.

Fox made all sorts of really questionable decisions in that Bills game, and I haven't watched that much other Carolina football this year, but the results seem to indicate he's not much better in the other games either.

+1 - short memories around here. Doesn't anyone recall that Jauron actually out-coached Fox earlier this season? Why would you want someone who can be outcoached by the guy you just ran out of here?

The only other guy Buffalo coaches have outcoached this year was Haley last week by Fewell.

Fox made all sorts of really questionable decisions in that Bills game, and I haven't watched that much other Carolina football this year, but the results seem to indicate he's not much better in the other games either.

Jauron also out coached Joe Gibbs, but who would want that guy?

Hell, Fox should have been our coach in 2001 if Ralph only hired people based on talent and merit and not interview skills.

This pernicious falsehood is based on nothing but hindsight. I wish we didn't hire Greggo too, but let's not pretend that anyone predicted that Fox would have been better. Both were hotshot coordinators, that's it.

Exactly. Fox was a hot commodity five years ago, but when you've been an NFL coach as long as he has it's hard to make a case that he is anything but mediocre. Is this what we want as Bills fans after four Dick Jauron years????

King's opinion is worthless in that he's probably a closet Patriots fan (born in Springfield, MA). So I'm sure he'd want the Bills to remain a doormat by hiring Fox.

Fox is a very good DC and that is what he should be doing in the NFL.

I hope the Bills take a good look at Jim Harbaugh. He's got that in your face, chip on the shoulder attitude that would be perfect for what this team needs. I'm just not so sure he'd take the Bills job since he'll no doubt be one of the top NFL candidates by this time next year.

Of course if Perry Fewell gets his Bills to beat the Patriots then I go back to hoping the Bills take a serious look at retaining him.

Exactly. Fox was a hot commodity five years ago, but when you've been an NFL coach as long as he has it's hard to make a case that he is anything but mediocre. Is this what we want as Bills fans after four Dick Jauron years????

King's opinion is worthless in that he's probably a closet Patriots fan (born in Springfield, MA). So I'm sure he'd want the Bills to remain a doormat by hiring Fox.

Fox is a very good DC and that is what he should be doing in the NFL.

I hope the Bills take a good look at Jim Harbaugh. He's got that in your face, chip on the shoulder attitude that would be perfect for what this team needs. I'm just not so sure he'd take the Bills job since he'll no doubt be one of the top NFL candidates by this time next year.

Of course if Perry Fewell gets his Bills to beat the Patriots then I go back to hoping the Bills take a serious look at retaining him.

Fox might not be the guy but how can you honestly compare him to Dick Jauron? Fox has a winning record as a coach...Jauron never has had more than one winning season as a head coach. Fox has a winning record in the playoffs, Jauron doesn't have any playoff wins. No comparison.

Fox might not be the guy but how can you honestly compare him to Dick Jauron? Fox has a winning record as a coach...Jauron never has had more than one winning season as a head coach. Fox has a winning record in the playoffs, Jauron doesn't have any playoff wins. No comparison.

Wasn't exactly a comparison. I was merely asking if Bills fans wanted a mediocre coach after a losing coach. Fox is a much better head coach than Jauron, but he's mediocre.

It's just an opinion, but I'd love to see Fox with Weis as his OC. That would rock.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...gameplan/1.html and scroll to the bottom.

"The Rumor Mill. Getting hot. I can feel the pregame-show vibe Sunday already: Cowher to Carolina. Shanahan to Washington. Somebody to Buffalo. (Personally, I'd like John Fox or Mike Zimmer there, with Fox bringing Charlie Weis to run the offense if it's him.)"

Do you guys really trust Peter King's analysis on coaches?

Peter King also said this in 2000:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_ga.../26/ten_things/

"If I'm New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft, I have to say no to Bill Belichick now, hire Tom Donahoe to run the football side of business, and get on with my life....Donahoe and Dom Capers sound good to me."