Richie Incognito Bio

coldstorage5

Date of birth: July 5, 1983 (1983-07-05) (age 26)

Place of birth: Englewood, New Jersey

Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 324 lb (147 kg

Well we just drafted him.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QHQAe011kw

Its at the end

Incognito played offense and defense at Mountain Ridge High School in Glendale, Arizona, and served as a deep snapper, helping the team to an 8-4 record and the first round of the state playoffs in 2000. An All-America offensive lineman, Incognito was named to PrepStar’s 120-man Dream Team. He was a second-team honoree on the Long Beach Press-Telegram’s Best in the West list. Incognito was a finalist for the Arizona Player-of-the-Year Award, was named the Brian Murray Award, and earned the Frank Kush Award, also representing the best offensive lineman in Arizona. He earned First-team All-State honors on offense from the Arizona Republic.

College career

Incognito was shifted to center during preseason camp in 2004; however, a series of off-field incidents culminated in his suspension before the 2004 season by the coaching staff. Soon after, he left the school and enrolled at the University of Oregon in late September, though under NCAA transfer rules, he was ineligible to play. In 2003, he was First-team All-Big 12 selection by the Associated Press and started 13 games at left tackle. In 2002, he was a redshirt freshman and played in all 14 games and was a First-team Freshman All-American by FWAA, The Sporting News, and Rivals.com as well as First-Team Freshman All-Big 12 (The Sporting News). In 2001, he redshirted.[1]. Incognito is the first Husker freshman offensive lineman to start in the season opener and just the third rookie lineman to earn any start in his first year of competition. He played in all 14 games, starting 13 at left tackle and posted the second-highest season pancake total in Husker history with 171[2].

This is why he wasn't a first round pick

At the 2005 NFL Combine impressed scouts by being "the strongest and most explosive player in attendance". However, during a drill Incognito stumbled and was carted off the field with a knee injury.[3]

Dirty play

On November 4, 2009, Sports Illustrated polled 296 NFL players and found Incognito to be the seventh dirtiest player in the NFL behind players such as Hines Ward, Albert Haynesworth, and Joey Porter,[10] a distinction stemming from multiple on the field incidents over the years that have resulted in numerous personal fouls and fines. In one such game on Oct. 12, 2008, against the Washington Redskins, Richie was fined $35,000 for three separate in-game incidents that included a personal foul for “repeated verbal abuse of a game official”, a major facemask penalty, and an illegal chop block.[11] In addition to the Sports Illustrated poll, Incognito was voted the NFL's dirtiest player in a Sporting News poll of 99 players.[12]

The December 13, 2009, game was the fourth in three years in which Incognito drew two personal foul penalties in a game, and the second since Steve Spagnuolo became head coach; in the 2009 opener, Incognito was benched by his coach after his second 15-yard penalty, which negated gains by the Rams' offense.[13][14] These continued transgressions led to his release from contract by the Rams on December 15, 2009.

Interview:

The Guy can speak!!!!

He's from new jersey, no wonder he's a grade A douche-bag

I would like to say that not all people from New Jersey are D-bags. Some are but that is always the case with any region or state. I am just ashamed that that stupid MTV show which features mostly people from NYC is giving New Jersey a bad name.

a few rhetorical questions

1: is he better than a guy off the street or practice squad... YES

2: has he remained healthy the majority of his professional career....YES

3: is he an above average player that got an endorsement from his coach that just released him...YES

bottom line is that incognito is a guy that can automatically improve our line this year and next year if we choose to resign him, which I hope we do, because it may save us from having to hope, i mean draft a lineman again this year. If you have bell, incognito, wood, levitre and butler to start next year, I like that line up. Also, I understand kavika mitchell called him a bum, and theyve had issues in the past, however, mitchell is on IR not helping this team, and last I checked isnt exactly a world beater himself, so I dont put much stock in the ramblings of a mediocre LB that got earholed by the guy we just signed. Also, In terms of the personal fouls, and antics... Rare is it that a player repeats the same mistakes that get himran off a team after being a legit starter (see chris henry, cedric benson, kyle turley, etc). I doubt this will be a problem in the future

As far as Incognito goes he is going to help this line get through this season. As far as any plans going into the future for him he makes sense as a backup/insurance in case Wood isn't ready at the start of next season.

The Bills should resign him and Simmions as the backup guards while having Bell and Meridth as the backup tackles. If Wood isn't ready to go come next season Incognito seems like a more then capable replacement for Wood in a prolonged stretch.

The guy is out of his mind. I think it's probably a little bit frustrating to play for a team like the Rams. Their fan base is really lazy and lackluster, and he publicly chastised them....after the home fans were outnumbered and outvoiced by Bears fans and Packers fans on consecutive weekends last year. He apologized for that.

He gets caught up in the moment. I'm pretty sure that life in the trenches results in some serious baiting by the opposition.

Jim Hanifan, the former head coach of the Cardinals and OL coach for the Rams, was heaping praise on Incognito last night on the radio. He says the kid has first round talent, and he had advised them to draft him back then, calling him a steal.

If this guy still has a career in the NFL, let it be in Buffalo. We could use that sort of passion for the game. He's got skill. Welcome, you crazy mofo.

a few rhetorical questions

1: is he better than a guy off the street or practice squad... YES

2: has he remained healthy the majority of his professional career....YES

3: is he an above average player that got an endorsement from his coach that just released him...YES

bottom line is that incognito is a guy that can automatically improve our line this year and next year if we choose to resign him, which I hope we do, because it may save us from having to hope, i mean draft a lineman again this year. If you have bell, incognito, wood, levitre and butler to start next year, I like that line up. Also, I understand kavika mitchell called him a bum, and theyve had issues in the past, however, mitchell is on IR not helping this team, and last I checked isnt exactly a world beater himself, so I dont put much stock in the ramblings of a mediocre LB that got earholed by the guy we just signed. Also, In terms of the personal fouls, and antics... Rare is it that a player repeats the same mistakes that get himran off a team after being a legit starter (see chris henry, cedric benson, kyle turley, etc). I doubt this will be a problem in the future

Mitchell already posted that he said what he said, but it's over and he'll move on. He'll be fine once he realizes that Incognito is now applying vicious and unprincipled hits to opponents and not to Buffalo Bills. It's really nothing.

The guy is out of his mind. I think it's probably a little bit frustrating to play for a team like the Rams. Their fan base is really lazy and lackluster, and he publicly chastised them....after the home fans were outnumbered and outvoiced by Bears fans and Packers fans on consecutive weekends last year. He apologized for that.

He gets caught up in the moment. I'm pretty sure that life in the trenches results in some serious baiting by the opposition.

Jim Hanifan, the former head coach of the Cardinals and OL coach for the Rams, was heaping praise on Incognito last night on the radio. He says the kid has first round talent, and he had advised them to draft him back then, calling him a steal.

If this guy still has a career in the NFL, let it be in Buffalo. We could use that sort of passion for the game. He's got skill. Welcome, you crazy mofo.

And I will add that it was the BILL PARCELLS led Dolphins that joined us at the gate.

IF this guy pans out and we do retain him, our losing ways may finally have paid off.

Mitchell already posted that he said what he said, but it's over and he'll move on. He'll be fine once he realizes that Incognito is now applying vicious and unprincipled hits to opponents and not to Buffalo Bills. It's really nothing.

Exactly. That tweet makes me realize that Mitchell may not be the greatest situational thinker ever.