A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

He a flippin' rookie. My god if a player isn't an all pro in the 1st season Bills fans are ready to jump down their throats. Patience, he looks like he has a chance to be a very good TE.

Agree completely, but he can't stay on the field. I like his size, but if he keeps getting injured, he'll turn into Kellen Winslow, Jr. on a smaller scale....great potential, but is in street clothes every other game.

I also agree that it's great to celebrate a Bills victory, no matter how bad/mediocre the team is or who it is they beat. 90% of this board is never satisfied with a win unless it's over an unbeaten team of the millenium.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree completely, but he can't stay on the field. I like his size, but if he keeps getting injured, he'll turn into Kellen Winslow, Jr. on a smaller scale....great potential, but is in street clothes every other game.

I also agree that it's great to celebrate a Bills victory, no matter how bad/mediocre the team is or who it is they beat. 90% of this board is never satisfied with a win unless it's over an unbeaten team of the millenium.

The same Kellen Winslow that ranks 6th among TEs in catches, 7th in yards, tied for 6th in TDs, and 5th in 1st downs?

I'd be okay with that!

:wallbash:

Who won the Browns @ Bills game this year? You think we could beat the Steelers right now like the Browns did on Thursday night? Off of records alone you're right we're around the 7-9 league rank range. Based on what I see on the field on Sundays' I'll stand by my word, the Bills are a bottom 5 team in this league. Let me also add they don't have much to build on for the future (outside of their secondary and RB's they are bad everywhere else). Also, tack on their failing front office, poor coaching, and no real head coach and you can see why I'm not too optimistic.

Week in and week out the Browns are much worse than us.

So are the Bucs, so are the Chiefs, the Rams, and Lions.

I suppose you forget that the Chiefs beat the Steelers too.

To judge the Bills season by arguably the worst game the team has played in a decade is silly.

And Red, yes, the point was to negate the baseless claim that we're a bottom 5 team.

5) The Bills played hard today, they truly did. Hate to put a damper anybody's glee, but I must make note of the fact that this Chief team is indescribably bad. They are a total mess, and I don't really think that the coach is that bad either. The players simply suck.

First drive, 4th and goal from about the one and they try a naked bootleg with a QB that looks like he can barely jog much less run. I agree with going for it, but you have to question the play call. And that call was made after taking a timeout to think about it!

But as you say, KC is "indescribably bad". And we managed to sneak past them. And be honest people, how many of you had a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomachs when KC got the ball back with a minute left and down by 6? Then started to easily march down the field? I know I did. But a win is a win.

First drive, 4th and goal from about the one and they try a naked bootleg with a QB that looks like he can barely jog much less run. I agree with going for it, but you have to question the play call. And that call was made after taking a timeout to think about it!

But as you say, KC is "indescribably bad". And we managed to sneak past them. And be honest people, how many of you had a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomachs when KC got the ball back with a minute left and down by 6? Then started to easily march down the field? I know I did. But a win is a win.

I think the call was a bootleg out and toss to Vrabel however I think Shoebel interrupted Vrabel from getting into the route fast enough and LB picked him up right after the contact. So Shoebel busted the route and forced the Qb to bootleg it, He seems to have stepped up his game in recent weeks maybe auditioning for the new leadership

Who won the Browns @ Bills game this year? You think we could beat the Steelers right now like the Browns did on Thursday night? Off of records alone you're right we're around the 7-9 league rank range. Based on what I see on the field on Sundays' I'll stand by my word, the Bills are a bottom 5 team in this league. Let me also add they don't have much to build on for the future (outside of their secondary and RB's they are bad everywhere else). Also, tack on their failing front office, poor coaching, and no real head coach and you can see why I'm not too optimistic.

You aren't really smart. The Bills are not even in the bottom 10 teams in the league. They are a long way from greatness but there are so many teams that are so much worse. Any team in the league could beat the steelers right now. Our defense is actually decent. We could be upgraded at LB, but injuries really have caused our weak play there. If our offense could keep those guys off the field once in a while the defense would be contention caliber.

For the record, Trent Edwards is obviously and substantially better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

1) Wouldn't it be fantastic if we finally have a good tight end in Nelson? Wait.....was that him being carted off the field? :wallbash: Btw, what do you people think about Stupar? I for one am not claiming that he is any good but he is better than I thought he would be.

2) Great game by Poz today. Our lbs are a very weak link, but not Poz.

3) Fitz was actually NOT hurried on his pick in the 3rd quarter. On that exchange with consecutive picks, it looked like both QBs were trying to lose the game. Frankly, it was a bit unsettling.

4) A couple of decent plays by Whitner in the 1st Quarter.

5) The Bills played hard today, they truly did. Hate to put a damper anybody's glee, but I must make note of the fact that this Chief team is indescribably bad. They are a total mess, and I don't really think that the coach is that bad either. The players simply suck.

6) I am going to try to forget just how bad Fitz looked today and tell myself that the Bills DID win the game, and that he was the QB.

7) Many of you people don't think that Schobel is all that. Maybe he isn't, but in my very strong opinion, we would have 2 or 3 less wins without him.

8) Really, how good is Moorman? What a great football player and seemingly a great guy. I was actually around to watch Ray Guy and while he was great, Moorman is 10x more athletic. He is a true star. :wallbash:

9) I feel like we were handed the game but don't have one smidgen of guilt. How many games have we handed away in the last few years?

10) People, if you are going through tough times or are prone to depression, do NOT focus on our Offensive Tackles. I feel happy watching the old classic, "A Tree Grows In Brroklyn" compared to how I feel watching poor Chambers at RT. Amanda, you should chime in on this. :D

11) We won. The Buffalo Bills won a football game folks. We very well might lose out but today we won an NFL football game. It's going to get better my friends; let's keep believing this! :wallbash:

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My reaction is not nearly so positive Bill. KC is a really, really bad team. And yet, if that WR didn't drop that pass at the end, we very likley would have lost that game.

Poz may not be a wink link but he is hardly the playmaker we had hoped he would be when we drafted him. KC's best success in the passing game was down the middle of the field, the zone Poz covers. Not a bust but not exactly a guy opposing teams are scheming to avoid. He did have a good game but it was the Chiefs for crying out loud.

Always nice to win a game. But jeeez.

You aren't really smart. The Bills are not even in the bottom 10 teams in the league. They are a long way from greatness but there are so many teams that are so much worse. Any team in the league could beat the steelers right now. Our defense is actually decent. We could be upgraded at LB, but injuries really have caused our weak play there. If our offense could keep those guys off the field once in a while the defense would be contention caliber.

For the record, Trent Edwards is obviously and substantially better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I think to be a contender, you have to have a pass rush that can consistently generate pressure. That is one thing we definitely do not do. The defense is better than the offense, but on the whole, its just average and average usually doesn't win, or even contend for, a championship.

My point exactly...except for the fact that you wouldn't be able to rely on him for every game.

Ah, I see. I guess I understand your point.

To be fair, however, I don't expect Nelson to shatter his ankle doing wheelies in a parking lot, so he may help himself out there!

As an aside, after the last two weeks, can we please now be done with all of the Trade Marshawn/Cut Marshawn threads. The guy is a monster, runs hard and is getting his legs. He hadn't had a hole to run through for four weeks and only getting 8 carries a game doesn't help.

Their ineptitude will be on full display @ home vs. the Patriots next week. For anyone who needs some extra cash for the holiday season you can bet the Pats -6.5 (-120) right now. If it's not super windy that day and Brady can throw it, -6.5 is the lock of the season. If it's super windy the money line will be the play.

If you TRULY believed that you would be willing to lend with you splitting the winnings and no cost if the Bills beat the spread. It is a lot easier to tell others what the lock is than put up your own money.

I really don't know why Fewell does not play Edwards. Fitz has been horrible for the last few games and if you took away that 98Yard TD play, he has been mediocre......Sadly it looks like this regime is bent on keeping Edwards on the bench...

Fitz has absolutely been bad, but I wonder if Trent is on the bench not because someone is hellbent on keeping him there, but rather because he still thinks he's Batman. No one is messing with concussions these days, and I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards was kept off the field until he is able to eat solid foods on his own again.

Fitz has absolutely been bad, but I wonder if Trent is on the bench not because someone is hellbent on keeping him there, but rather because he still thinks he's Batman. No one is messing with concussions these days, and I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards was kept off the field until he is able to eat solid foods on his own again.

I don't know about his physical or mental condition, but I definitely get the sense that the Bills are just trying to protect him right now.

1) Wouldn't it be fantastic if we finally have a good tight end in Nelson? Wait.....was that him being carted off the field? :wallbash: Btw, what do you people think about Stupar? I for one am not claiming that he is any good but he is better than I thought he would be.

2) Great game by Poz today. Our lbs are a very weak link, but not Poz.

3) Fitz was actually NOT hurried on his pick in the 3rd quarter. On that exchange with consecutive picks, it looked like both QBs were trying to lose the game. Frankly, it was a bit unsettling.

4) A couple of decent plays by Whitner in the 1st Quarter.

6) I am going to try to forget just how bad Fitz looked today and tell myself that the Bills DID win the game, and that he was the QB.

7) Many of you people don't think that Schobel is all that. Maybe he isn't, but in my very strong opinion, we would have 2 or 3 less wins without him.

8) Really, how good is Moorman? What a great football player and seemingly a great guy. I was actually around to watch Ray Guy and while he was great, Moorman is 10x more athletic. He is a true star. :wallbash:

9) I feel like we were handed the game but don't have one smidgen of guilt. How many games have we handed away in the last few years?

10) People, if you are going through tough times or are prone to depression, do NOT focus on our Offensive Tackles. I feel happy watching the old classic, "A Tree Grows In Brroklyn" compared to how I feel watching poor Chambers at RT. Amanda, you should chime in on this. :D

11) We won. The Buffalo Bills won a football game folks. We very well might lose out but today we won an NFL football game. It's going to get better my friends; let's keep believing this! ;)

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)