A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Wouldn't it be fantastic if we finally have a good tight end in Nelson? Wait.....was that him being carted off the field? :wallbash: Btw, what do you people think about Stupar? I for one am not claiming that he is any good but he is better than I thought he would be.

2) Great game by Poz today. Our lbs are a very weak link, but not Poz.

3) Fitz was actually NOT hurried on his pick in the 3rd quarter. On that exchange with consecutive picks, it looked like both QBs were trying to lose the game. Frankly, it was a bit unsettling.

4) A couple of decent plays by Whitner in the 1st Quarter.

5) The Bills played hard today, they truly did. Hate to put a damper anybody's glee, but I must make note of the fact that this Chief team is indescribably bad. They are a total mess, and I don't really think that the coach is that bad either. The players simply suck.

6) I am going to try to forget just how bad Fitz looked today and tell myself that the Bills DID win the game, and that he was the QB.

7) Many of you people don't think that Schobel is all that. Maybe he isn't, but in my very strong opinion, we would have 2 or 3 less wins without him.

8) Really, how good is Moorman? What a great football player and seemingly a great guy. I was actually around to watch Ray Guy and while he was great, Moorman is 10x more athletic. He is a true star. :thumbsup:

9) I feel like we were handed the game but don't have one smidgen of guilt. How many games have we handed away in the last few years?

10) People, if you are going through tough times or are prone to depression, do NOT focus on our Offensive Tackles. I feel happy watching the old classic, "A Tree Grows In Brroklyn" compared to how I feel watching poor Chambers at RT. Amanda, you should chime in on this. :doh:

11) We won. The Buffalo Bills won a football game folks. We very well might lose out but today we won an NFL football game. It's going to get better my friends; let's keep believing this! :thumbsup:

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Wouldn't it be fantastic if we finally have a good tight end in Nelson? Wait.....was that him being carted off the field? :wallbash: Btw, what do you people think about Stupar? I for one am not claiming that he is any good but he is better than I thought he would be.

3) Fitz was actually NOT hurried on his pick in the 3rd quarter. On that exchange with consecutive picks, it looked like both QBs were trying to lose the game. Frankly, it was a bit unsettling.

5) The Bills played hard today, they truly did. Hate to put a damper anybody's glee, but I must make note of the fact that this Chief team is indescribably bad. They are a total mess, and I don't really think that the coach is that bad either. The players simply suck.

6) I am going to try to forget just how bad Fitz looked today and tell myself that the Bills DID win the game, and that he was the QB.

7) Many of you people don't think that Schobel is all that. Maybe he isn't, but in my very strong opinion, we would have 2 or 3 less wins without him.

8) Really, how good is Moorman? What a great football player and seemingly a great guy. I was actually around to watch Ray Guy and while he was great, Moorman is 10x more athletic. He is a true star. :thumbsup:

9) I feel like we were handed the game but don't have one smidgen of guilt. How many games have we handed away in the last few years?

10) People, if you are going through tough times or are prone to depression, do NOT focus on our Offensive Tackles. I feel happy watching the old classic, "A Tree Grows In Brroklyn" compared to how I feel watching poor Chambers at RT. Amanda, you should chime in on this. :doh:

11) We won. The Buffalo Bills won a football game folks. We very well might lose out but today we won an NFL football game. It's going to get better my friends; let's keep believing this! :thumbsup:

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nelson was back in by the end of the game. Unless he went down a second time and I missed it.

Nelson was back in by the end of the game. Unless he went down a second time and I missed it.

I am also incredibly unimpressed by Nelson. For every great play he makes he seems to do at least two stupid things. Fumbling, hopping behind a defender right before a pass--that kind of thing.

Bill,

As always good to see your thread again....

I really don't know why Fewell does not play Edwards. Fitz has been horrible for the last few games and if you took away that 98Yard TD play, he has been mediocre......Sadly it looks like this regime is bent on keeping Edwards on the bench...

If the Bills ran the ball the way they did today, I would have expected a 200+ yard passing game with 2 TDs by the QB...Sadly we pretend that Fitz is the better QB...

Coaching decisions came back to bite as again...That 51yard try was not smart...I would have let my Punter, the best player on the team pin the chiefs inside the 5 and milked the clock rather than giving them great field position. The chiefs hurt themselves with stupid penalties..

Nelson is indeed a great find. I hope this organization will nurture him and put him to succeed..

Whitner while he made plays in the 1st Qtr disappeared in the later stages and I believe Wilson was in on more plays than Donte.

I'm starting to see Nelson's potential and I share your excitement. Poz had a nice game today but his problems aren't going anywhere IMO. Bryan Scott had another really nice game as well. I completely agree with your Schobel analysis, the guy really makes a difference for us. Fitzpatrick did look bad and it's obvious he doesn't have long term starting potential. Our line is poor but the QBs are equally awful.

Coaching decisions came back to bite as again...That 51yard try was not smart...I would have let my Punter, the best player on the team pin the chiefs inside the 5 and milked the clock rather than giving them great field position. The chiefs hurt themselves with stupid penalties..

Thanks for pointing this out. I cringed when they called for a FG, and was even thinking that perhaps I was "Jauroned" in some way LOL!!!!!

Bill,

I really don't know why Fewell does not play Edwards. Fitz has been horrible for the last few games and if you took away that 98Yard TD play, he has been mediocre......Sadly it looks like this regime is bent on keeping Edwards on the bench...

If the Bills ran the ball the way they did today, I would have expected a 200+ yard passing game with 2 TDs by the QB...Sadly we pretend that Fitz is the better QB...

Nelson is indeed a great find. I hope this organization will nurture him and put him to succeed..

Whitner while he made plays in the 1st Qtr disappeared in the later stages and I believe Wilson was in on more plays than Donte.

Coach Jauron, is that you? Those are the exact decisions that got you fired. Our D was playing well and Lindell made a 56 yarder 2 weeks ago. Going for the field goal was the right choice.

Even with the loss last week, this team, under Fewell, is just better and absolutely more exciting to watch

After reading your posts week in and week out I would think the Bills are on the verge of greatness. Not that having some optimism in your team is wrong, in fact it's great, but I'm wondering when some realism will set in. We just squeaked past a team that is in my opinion the worst in the league. The Bills are a bottom 5 team in this league. They too are an utter mess.

Their ineptitude will be on full display @ home vs. the Patriots next week. For anyone who needs some extra cash for the holiday season you can bet the Pats -6.5 (-120) right now. If it's not super windy that day and Brady can throw it, -6.5 is the lock of the season. If it's super windy the money line will be the play.

After reading your posts week in and week out I would think the Bills are on the verge of greatness. Not that having some optimism in your team is wrong, in fact it's great, but I'm wondering when some realism will set in. We just squeaked past a team that is in my opinion the worst in the league. The Bills are a bottom 5 team in this league. They too are an utter mess.

Their ineptitude will be on full display @ home vs. the Patriots next week. For anyone who needs some extra cash for the holiday season you can bet the Pats -6.5 (-120) right now. If it's not super windy that day and Brady can throw it, -6.5 is the lock of the season. If it's super windy the money line will be the play.

Browns, Chiefs, Rams, Lions, Buccaneers. There's your bottom five, Mr. Realism.

And we're certainly not a lock for 6th worst with Carolina, Washington, Seattle, and Chicago in the mix.

Realism, yes.

I am also incredibly unimpressed by Nelson. For every great play he makes he seems to do at least two stupid things. Fumbling, hopping behind a defender right before a pass--that kind of thing.

He a flippin' rookie. My god if a player isn't an all pro in the 1st season Bills fans are ready to jump down their throats. Patience, he looks like he has a chance to be a very good TE.

Good thoughts Bill and never feel bad about enjoying a Bills victory. :thumbsup:

And we're certainly not a lock for 6th worst with Carolina, Washington, Seattle, and Chicago in the mix.

Realism, yes.

Who won the Browns @ Bills game this year? You think we could beat the Steelers right now like the Browns did on Thursday night? Off of records alone you're right we're around the 7-9 league rank range. Based on what I see on the field on Sundays' I'll stand by my word, the Bills are a bottom 5 team in this league. Let me also add they don't have much to build on for the future (outside of their secondary and RB's they are bad everywhere else). Also, tack on their failing front office, poor coaching, and no real head coach and you can see why I'm not too optimistic.

Bill,

The 56 yarder against Miami was a great call but a 51 yarder is not? It's always a good call when it works.

Realism, yes.

So, what...we're arguing that we're the most mediocre team in the league now?