J.P. Losman

Guest dog14787

My thought process on this brings to question our sub par coaching over the last five plus years at the OC position.

It's always - "it's the O-Line's fault," or "bad play calling," or "bad OC." Why can't you face the GLARING reality that it's the QB? It was the QB when it was Losman. It was the QB when it was Edwards. It's the QB with Fitzpatrick. But is was most especially the QB when it was Losman.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another epic JP Post..I will give JP credit. If it wasnt for my curiousity to see the next spin on "I want to have JP Losmans child "topic I wouldnt visit so much.. This is awesome...You people are all thats wrong with with Buffalo Sports.. Its like beaten woman syndrome. Daughter gets beat by dad, daughter finds and marries man who beats her .. Bills keep sucking, fans desire players who suck....

Cant wait till tomorrows JP post..

It wasn't JP's fault though... the O-line was cramping his style, and he couldn't take the coaches nagging him all the time.

But it'll be different this time... JP's changed. He's going to be good now, he promises... if we'll just have him back.

No, it's not like that at all.

It's more like a fan that thinks that a player is much better than he actually is.

Your comparison is both incredibly stupid and inaccurate.

:death: .......... :death:

Wanting a guy back on your team = abused girl marrying another abusive man? <_<

<_<

Another epic JP Post..I will give JP credit. If it wasnt for my curiousity to see the next spin on "I want to have JP Losmans child "topic I wouldnt visit so much.. This is awesome...You people are all thats wrong with with Buffalo Sports.. Its like beaten woman syndrome. Daughter gets beat by dad, daughter finds and marries man who beats her .. Bills keep sucking, fans desire players who suck....

Lets just Blame the last whole decade of losing on the QB, brilliant...

If we have Peyton or Brady and the same team for the last decade, do we miss the playoffs for a decade? There's no way in hell. And it's not just that we don't have a superstar QB. We have backup and guys who are borderline NFL caliber. I wanted Losman to succeed but he didn't and is a borderline NFL QB. If he is your starting QB, you aren't going anywhere. It's that simple. His 7 wins in 2006 is the best coaching job Jauron ever did.

Continuing, it's clear that Edwards is best suited for a Frank Reich role as a backup. Rob Johnson was a slightly dumber version of Losman. Collins is a career backup. The last good Qb we had we ran out of town because he didn't look the part.

We have been bad because we have had bad QBs. It's really that simple.

Watching Aaron Rodgers playing against the Ravens last night reminded me of how well Losman was able to throw with decent accuracy while on the run. I'm not going to go into anything JP accomplished in the UFL because to most folks it doesn't mean much anyways , but Jim Fassel has done an amazing job with JP Losman. UFL or not its still the same game and maybe the defenses aren't near as good, but it goes hand in hand with the protection and it still boils down to keeping your composure, keeping the play alive and delivering a strike.

JP has great wheels, cannon of an arm and a great work ethic. Losman's arm is probably stronger then 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. I still see big potential in JP Losman and myself personally, I want that cannon of an arm, athleticism and great work ethic on my team. If we could pick JP up at a reasonable salary, why not bring him in for a hard look through the preseason and see if Loman beats out what we have in camp.

We owe it to JP in my opinion and its very possible we owe it to ourselves...

Admit it, you miss those quit nights alone with JP, in front of the fireplace. That's the only possible reason anyone would want JP back in Buffalo, you're afraid JP will find someone else in Vegas.

JP coming back would be like the woman going back to the abusive man. The way he was treated here was near criminal. Mind you that I am not a JP fan, I never liked the idea. I was of the opinion we needed a plug and play QB, due to the lack of patience and ability to develop a QB. My opinion has changed in that respect. It is unfortunate that our organization's has not. I think Losman was an up and comer and would have panned out...enter TE, another up and comer....now we have two Qbs on the scrap heap. The most important quality in a QB is confidence. In himself and his teammates. We do not foster that at all. The coaches were quick with the hook, and the fans give up fast. Had JP not lost his job he would have started to make the adjustments that he was so slow to make.

It is easy for us to say he never would have gotten it, but how much difference did it make in your work performance after a couple years on the job?

I hope that he does well. He would be a huge upgrade here, especially with a qualified coach, a coach that actually coaches and cares about and develops his players would get a star out of JP.... The fans that don't want him back do not have to worry. If anybody else is interested, why would he ever come back to Buffalo? The weather? The nightlife? The warm-fuzzy feeling the fans gave him? We stand as much of a chance of seeing him back as OJ.

If we have Peyton or Brady and the same team for the last decade, do we miss the playoffs for a decade? There's no way in hell. And it's not just that we don't have a superstar QB. We have backup and guys who are borderline NFL caliber. I wanted Losman to succeed but he didn't and is a borderline NFL QB. If he is your starting QB, you aren't going anywhere. It's that simple. His 7 wins in 2006 is the best coaching job Jauron ever did.

Continuing, it's clear that Edwards is best suited for a Frank Reich role as a backup. Rob Johnson was a slightly dumber version of Losman. Collins is a career backup. The last good Qb we had we ran out of town because he didn't look the part.

Perfectly stated. Let's pray that it's enough to stop the JP threads!! I might even convert to Muslim so I can pray 8 times/day for it!

JP coming back would be like the woman going back to the abusive man. The way he was treated here was near criminal. Mind you that I am not a JP fan, I never liked the idea. I was of the opinion we needed a plug and play QB, due to the lack of patience and ability to develop a QB. My opinion has changed in that respect. It is unfortunate that our organization's has not. I think Losman was an up and comer and would have panned out...enter TE, another up and comer....now we have two Qbs on the scrap heap. The most important quality in a QB is confidence. In himself and his teammates. We do not foster that at all. The coaches were quick with the hook, and the fans give up fast. Had JP not lost his job he would have started to make the adjustments that he was so slow to make.

It is easy for us to say he never would have gotten it, but how much difference did it make in your work performance after a couple years on the job?

I hope that he does well. He would be a huge upgrade here, especially with a qualified coach, a coach that actually coaches and cares about and develops his players would get a star out of JP.... The fans that don't want him back do not have to worry. If anybody else is interested, why would he ever come back to Buffalo? The weather? The nightlife? The warm-fuzzy feeling the fans gave him? We stand as much of a chance of seeing him back as OJ.

Good qbs fight there way thru it....If youre good youre good if you suck you just plain old suck..Enuff of this argument....

Guest dog14787

I'll bet on the other hand Parcells or the belicheat could take, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick,Collins, Bledsoe, Flutie and even Rob friggin Johnson and still get their perspective team to the playoffs 90% of the time.

Funny how good coaching overrides bad athletes in this league and yet its beyond comprehension for most folks to think that bad coaching and poor management can override good athletes...

Bledsoe had his moments and definitely looked the part.

Not to start that tired Flutie debate, but sometimes when you run off a pro bowl & playoff QB, you get what you deserve. The Curse of Doug Flutie. <_<

Back during the Flutie/Johnson wars, I sided with Johnson. I'm the first to admit that I was an idiot. Maybe it's in my subconscious, and why I wouldn't mind seeing Vick in Orchard Park. Another number 7, improvising, making plays ... and WINNING. Maybe that's what we need to break the curse.

Or we could re-sign J.P. :death:

I'll bet on the other hand Parcells or the belicheat could take, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick,Collins, Bledsoe, Flutie and even Rob friggin Johnson and still get their perspective team to the playoffs 90% of the time.

Funny how good coaching overrides bad athletes in this league and yet its beyond comprehension for most folks to think that bad coaching and poor management can override good athletes...

You, my friend, are delusional. And obviously a QB in a former life.

Funny how good coaching overrides bad athletes in this league and yet its beyond comprehension for most folks that bad coaching and poor management can override good athletes...

Like I said, you're a good guy but you are coming across quite foolish. I won't speak on Edwards but as for all the other guys you named, Parcells could have brought them aboard if he wanted to. But he didn't. No NFL team wanted Losman. there's a reason. Also, Fat Tuna picked up Bledsoe after we cut him and missed the playoffs. There goes 90%.

Additionally, Belichick failed with Bledsoe, Testaverde, and Kosar. They are much QBs than they guys you named could ever hope to be. RJ went to Tampa with Gruden and was given every shot to win that job & was the same terrible QB he was here.

Again, if you are related to Losman, i understand. But if you aren't, this is just insane. He's not a good NFL QB. doesn't make him a bad guy. But I think even he would be embarrassed by your excuse making for him. Do you also think Joey Harrington, Tim couch, and Rex Grossman just need another shot to prove themselves? <_<