J.P. Losman

Guest dog14787

Hmmmm, Yet one of the best GM's in the league Bill Polian just took a look at him . Polian has seen enough film on JP to know everything we know about JP Losman, but still brought him in and to be honest we really don't know what transpired. For all we know Polian may have said, "look JP, you may never get a chance to play, are you OK with this?", and JP might have said "No, no I'm not".

I mean we can speculate all we want PTR, but that's all it is, speculation.

Correct. Polian saw saw JPs tapes, brought him in, then signed Drew Willy...a UDFA with no NFL experience. As for JP declining, what's he holding out for? Another UFL ring?

PTR

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Correct. Polian saw saw JPs tapes, brought him in, then signed Drew Willy...a UDFA with no NFL experience. As for JP declining, what's he holding out for? Another UFL ring?

PTR

Why do you think Losman would have any interest sitting on a practice squad?

Guest dog14787
Nor could he - too much time in to be put on one.

My bad, so it was never a question of going on the practice squad for JP.

No, defenses didn't figure anything out after 2006. Our clever OC realized that he had a QB who worked well with a playbook that was opened up (don't know where you got that simplified stuff, Losman liked the playbook opened up, and played considerably better after the bye when we opened up the offense) and cleverly, in a sort of reverse psychology move, closed down the playbook. JP was never the same.

"Opening up the playbook" is, at least in a Losman context, often used as a euphemism for throwing long bombs to Lee Evans. I'll grant that Losman liked throwing long bombs to Evans, was good at it, and was most successful when that formed the bread and butter of the offense's point production.

But it should not be assumed that an offense with a lot of long bombs is necessarily complex. My understanding--based on the article I'd read--was that in 2006, Losman was supposed to throw it to his primary target if open, or to dump it off to his release valve if the primary target was covered. A simple offense, consistent with Losman's mental limitations.

My bad, so it was never a question of going on the practice squad for JP.

If he was any better than the qb they had I think common sense says they woulda signed him and put the other guy out to pasture....Much Like JP has been sent to the pen...GIve it up...

Available Quarterbacks I currently would rather have than JP Losman:

Michael Vick

Jeff Garcia

Jon Kitna

Tim Couch

Uncle Rico

This Guy:

That dude in the video had some sharp footwork, though. Maybe that ball was full of cans of Labatts.

Uncle Rico had a quick release, much like Marino.

That dude in the video had some sharp footwork, though. Maybe that ball was full of cans of Labatts.

Uncle Rico had a quick release, much like Marino.

Actually, you're a little off base on your scouting report on Uncle Rico. He could throw a football over a mountain, but he had a very long windup. Also, he had some character issues and that's why coach won't let him play in States.

:)

Watching Aaron Rodgers playing against the Ravens last night reminded me of how well Losman was able to throw with decent accuracy while on the run. I'm not going to go into anything JP accomplished in the UFL because to most folks it doesn't mean much anyways , but Jim Fassel has done an amazing job with JP Losman. UFL or not its still the same game and maybe the defenses aren't near as good, but it goes hand in hand with the protection and it still boils down to keeping your composure, keeping the play alive and delivering a strike.

JP has great wheels, cannon of an arm and a great work ethic. Losman's arm is probably stronger then 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. I still see big potential in JP Losman and myself personally, I want that cannon of an arm, athleticism and great work ethic on my team. If we could pick JP up at a reasonable salary, why not bring him in for a hard look through the preseason and see if Loman beats out what we have in camp.

We owe it to JP in my opinion and its very possible we owe it to ourselves...

http://www.videosurf.com/video/pre-wk-03-j...lights-30483511

http://www.videosurf.com/video/belichick-o...mbling-12089308