LOST...Season 6

duey

You guys are good. I thought he just looked like a guy who was very confused as to why someone would run his ass over.

I actually thought locke looked exactly like he did when Jacob touched him after being pushed out of the window by his father, but that's just going off memory, as I haven't rewatched any episodes...

couple question...

What was in the pouch that Hurly took from Ilana's possessions? Was it Jacob's ashes? And why was Ilana handling the dynamite, Richard could have juggled them things and wouldn't have blown himself up...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought locke looked exactly like he did when Jacob touched him after being pushed out of the window by his father, but that's just going off memory, as I haven't rewatched any episodes...

couple question...

What was in the pouch that Hurly took from Ilana's possessions? Was it Jacob's ashes? And why was Ilana handling the dynamite, Richard could have juggled them things and wouldn't have blown himself up...

yes, while some thought that it might have been the diamonds, it's come to light that it was in fact Jacob's ashes.

i agree that Locke looked a lot like he did after the fall. thought the same thing myself.

cant let this thread fall off the main page. i need it, especially on Mondays

LOL I was going to bump it myself but you beat me to it.

Saw on the cast listing for this week that David (Jack's sideways son) is back, so perhaps we'll see a Jack-centric sideways story. You have to figure that if Locke survives Des running him over that he head to Jacks hospital. I'm starting to think, however, that Des meant to kill Locke...don't know exactly why...just have a feeling.

LOST 6.13 | "The Last Recruit" | 9 p.m. ABC

The Lockeness monster's camp merges with Jack's, and alliances are forged --- and broken.

-----

One question. Apparently, in the sideways world, Leonard was never rendered.... how do you say.... near-catatonic due to his listening-post surveillance of the island. How did Hurley get the numbers? Or... did he get the numbers and "open the box"? Did he win the lotto? It wasn't really explained where he got his money, right?

-----

One question. Apparently, in the sideways world, Leonard was never rendered.... how do you say.... near-catatonic due to his listening-post surveillance of the island. How did Hurley get the numbers? Or... did he get the numbers and "open the box"? Did he win the lotto? It wasn't really explained where he got his money, right?

I think it was explained in "Everyone loves Hugo" during the presentation at the beginning, something about working his way up Mr. Clucks and buying a franchise, and then all of the other projects helped make him very rich. I think anyway, I'll be watching it again on my DVR later.

-----

I think it was explained in "Everyone loves Hugo" during the presentation at the beginning, something about working his way up Mr. Clucks and buying a franchise, and then all of the other projects helped make him very rich. I think anyway, I'll be watching it again on my DVR later.

what hazed said. it was mentioned that it was his love for chicken which drove him to open his first restaurant, and then he franchised from there. no lottery. no numbers.

what hazed said. it was mentioned that it was his love for chicken which drove him to open his first restaurant, and then he franchised from there. no lottery. no numbers.

He did win the lottery, Hurley mentioned it to Sawyer in this season's season opener on the "sideways" Flight 815.

From Lostepidia: Episode LAX Part 1:

"Leslie Arzt is pestering Hugo Reyes to do an impression of a character in his Mr. Cluck's commercial. Arzt finds it hysterical, then asks how a guy like him came to own a major corporation like Mr. Cluck's. Hurley replies that he won the lottery and happens to like chicken, leading a downcast Arzt to quickly excuse himself. Sawyer warns Hurley not to share his lottery win with strangers, saying it will make them try to take advantage of him, but Hurley brushes it off: can't happen, because he's the luckiest man alive. "

He did win the lottery, Hurley mentioned it to Sawyer in this season's season opener on the "sideways" Flight 815.

"Leslie Arzt is pestering Hugo Reyes to do an impression of a character in his Mr. Cluck's commercial. Arzt finds it hysterical, then asks how a guy like him came to own a major corporation like Mr. Cluck's. Hurley replies that he won the lottery and happens to like chicken, leading a downcast Arzt to quickly excuse himself. Sawyer warns Hurley not to share his lottery win with strangers, saying it will make them try to take advantage of him, but Hurley brushes it off: can't happen, because he's the luckiest man alive. "

good catch!!

Last weeks promo to get you pumped up for tonight...

I have to say that this promo is pure genius. The Wonka song/lyrics so embodies Season 6 and the last few crazy episodes to this wonderful shows conclusion. :rolleyes:

Last weeks promo to get you pumped up for tonight...

I have to say that this promo is pure genius. The Wonka song/lyrics so embodies Season 6 and the last few crazy episodes to this wonderful shows conclusion. :thumbdown:

You know, the next day, I was thinking the Gene Wilder lyrics were a little dig on the 'sky-is-falling-and-Lindelof-&-Cuse-don't-know-which-end-is-up' fans. Lord knows there's plenty of them.

Willy Wonka knew exactly what he was doing and everything that was going on with the machinations of his factory. The only wild cards were the kids and guardians: would they prove themselves, or create havoc through their choices (usually aggressive ignorance / lack of any willpower to not f--- things up, in their glee) the way kids do in their Small Drunk Adult way? You could well argue that Wonka was just screwing with their minds on the boat, working up the paranoia in a sarcastic sort of way --- 'We're all gonna die... or something even worse!!!'

I'm enjoying the last bit of ride we've got left, and I trust that LOST's Messrs. Wonka are saving the best for last and that there will be a good (not necessary happy) conclusion.

You know, the next day, I was thinking the Gene Wilder lyrics were a little dig on the 'sky-is-falling-and-Lindelof-&-Cuse-don't-know-which-end-is-up' fans. Lord knows there's plenty of them.

Willy Wonka knew exactly what he was doing and everything that was going on with the machinations of his factory. The only wild cards were the kids and guardians: would they prove themselves, or create havoc through their choices (usually aggressive ignorance / lack of any willpower to not f--- things up, in their glee) the way kids do in their Small Drunk Adult way? You could well argue that Wonka was just screwing with their minds on the boat, working up the paranoia in a sarcastic sort of way --- 'We're all gonna die... or something even worse!!!'

I'm enjoying the last bit of ride we've got left, and I trust that LOST's Messrs. Wonka are saving the best for last and that there will be a good (not necessary happy) conclusion.

Did I read that Losts' series finally is going to be 3 hours long?

Did I read that Losts' series finally is going to be 3 hours long?

Actually, 5 hours.

There will evidently be some kind of 2-hour build-up (I'm not sure if it's going to be a new episode in the 8 p.m. slot, or if it'll be a repeat of the previous week, which is my guess), starting at 7 p.m. on 23 May. Then, two hours of the episode titled, "The End" and then Jimmy Kimmel is going to have an entire-cast interview on his show.

question: did this change over the course of the season ala some other revelations on that flight. i seem to remember it being the franchise, and then this is 100% true too.....

potential other examples

1)desmond had a wedding ring on the plane, after, not so much

2)claire had the name aaron picked out when talking to kate, didnt know the sex when talking to desmond

i think things in sideways are not so cut and dry, perhaps not totally linear in nature. or maybe there is just a ton of stuff to keep track of haha

I dunno, duey. My digestion is pretty good. Made the weekly pizza... but starting this week, it'll usually be on store-bought French bread (from their bakery), rather than from-scratch dough. It's going to start getting too hot for the oven to be on for very long. Plus, with our new GSP puppy, it's a handful to keep an eye on him and do all that mixing, rising and rolling stuff. I dunno. I'm not very keen on starting a LAMP to discuss that whole thing of loss-->despair thing 2 years ago and how we're starting out with a new little guy. But, maybe. Anyway. *cough* Once more unto the breach, dear friends!

In the Answers Will Be Questioned pile:

FLocke admitted that it was he who took the guise of Christian Shepard on Day 3 after the 815 crash. Do we believe him? That was a heck of a pause before he said it was.

Positively looked like an episode of "Survivor" what with all the little factions and groupings colluding on who's going to do what, who's on whose side, etc. OK, Sawyer thinks Claire is psycho... not without reason. But, she gets on the boat at the goading of Kate, who sings, "I ran all the waaaay here.... just to say I'm sorry. To take you back to Aaron. I ran all the waaaay." Something weird for me is that Claire didn't ask, and Kate didn't say where/who Aaron is with now. Were Kate to say that she gave Aaron to Claire's mother for the time being, that opens a whole new avenue for her.

Loved the interplay b/w Sawyer James Ford and Kate at the police station. Again, we get Miles saying "jabrony" only this time, I actually know what it means.... Ditto on a great scene b/w Sawyer and Jack on-board the Elizabeth. Jack talking about destiny, the feeling the last time he left the island... that it was like a part of him was missing.... Sawyer wants none of it. "They make pills for that, Doc." <_<

Sayid was sent to shoot Desmond in the well, and said he did. Contrary to Doc Jensen's wrapup last week, the well is really not that deep. (I didn't agree when he wrote that either. The torch only dropped for ~ a second. Regardless, I don't see how Sayid would've shot Des. It seems like there is a glimmer of a human in there somewhere. We still don't know if Sayid is referring to Nadiya or Shannon, or whether Smokey's promise is supposed to come to pass in the sideways world or still to come in the original timeline.

But then, FLocke seemed to have no freakin' clue what Sun was talking about with her period of seeming cross-interference b/w the sideways and original world vis-a-vis her inability to speak English and identifying Locke as they were being unloaded from the ambulances in the hospital.

Who exactly was "the last recruit" tonight? Was that supposed to mean Jack? Claire said as much, that by allowing FLocke to speak to him, Jack chose his 'side.' Jack --- seemingly Jacob's favorite --- is with FLocke now!!?? <_< And yet, in the sideways world, we're liking how his relationship with David is growing and bonding. The question I'm left at the end is whether Jack will, during the surgery, flash on who Locke is/was/will be and what he'll do as a result.

Funny thing with Jack's reaction to Claire's news at the will reading. He had the exact same reaction at Christian's wake when he found out from Claire's mom that Claire is his half-sister. He touches his temple in the same spot and turns away.

But, maybe the biggest thing tonight was the event 3 seasons and 3 years of island time --- through time itself(!) --- in the making, Sun and Jin are together again in the original timeline. But rather than a pagoda, they meet under the shadow of the semi-permanent pylons. The reunion, tho, is all too brief. Looks like Widmore has changed his plans. Everyone on their knees! Sending rockets into FLocke's camp... that can kill anyone but FLocke. Doesn't appear that Widmore is on anyone's side but Widmore's... one thought of mine this week is that he may want MIB in order to take over his immortality. Here's a guy we've seen from age 17 dressed as an American soldier, age 40 as Faraday was killed, age 55 being booted from the island and now 67-70 in the course of the 2004-2007 timelines. He's someone who likes old things that have become valuable. Someone who had leadership of the island and lost it by trying to set himself up in the outside world. Trying to find the electromagnetic pockets, of which he was told of one by John Locke that sent him 3 years into the future. Stands to reason, then, that Widmore might be searching for a pocket that'll send him into the past, etc., or one that might give him the same powers as MIB? I dunno. I just had a queasy feeling when he made that original deal with Sawyer. Widmore never said what he was at the island for --- Sawyer surmised that Widmore wanted to kill FLocke, and the old chap just played along.

Also, it kind of sucks that V is on right after LOST, combined with not having the repeat shown anymore.

Get so discombobulated trying to cram in and process all that info from two shows.

i know exactly what you mean, it quickly got to the point where i had to stop watching V. and for that matter, i really have a hard time following any other show week to week. it feels like all other TV should go on hiatus until they end LOST. <_<

with regards to the Jin/Sun reunion, after all that build up and anticipation, they drop it on us completely unexpectedly. i kinda feel jipped out of being able to experience that as a bigger, emotional moment. oh well, im not really big on their characters anyways.

i know exactly what you mean, it quickly got to the point where i had to stop watching V. and for that matter, i really have a hard time following any other show week to week. it feels like all other TV should go on hiatus until they end LOST. <_<

with regards to the Jin/Sun reunion, after all that build up and anticipation, they drop it on us completely unexpectedly. i kinda feel jipped out of being able to experience that as a bigger, emotional moment. oh well, im not really big on their characters anyways.

Right. Instead of a little additional build-up, there was a figurative premature ejaculation of Jin just appearing over the berm. But maybe they just deserved a simple initial reconnection. But then, without much ado, they're forced to their knees. We've known for a while, stated unequivocally and out in the open that death among main characters is coming... and time is running seriously short. SPOILER WARNING: Especially with 6.15 "Across the Sea" being a near-total mythology episode. I've read that there are no series regulars appearing. Pretty ballsy for a TV show to do, but then again, fans of the show absolutely crave mythology. I expect it to happen in 6.14, which will be in two weeks ("Ab Aeterno" is scheduled to be re-aired next week).

It did look like Sawyer was getting very misty-eyed at that moment, tho.

That's a good catch, but that's just how Mathew emotes hurtful-shock. It's hilarious, go back through and watch all the scenes in any of his shows or movies and you'll see that exact movie over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I think he's way underrated as an actor by most, but we'd have fun counting the times he did that move in dailies (in other scenes). <_<

Didn't know that. I've never seen his other shows (I probably wouldn't have watched POF at the time even if we did get FOX over-the-air then...), and among movies, have only seen "Vantage Point" where he was... well, I don't want to give it away to anyone who's never seen it, but suffice to say that he's not in the dark about anything. Funny that directors have never asked him to try something different, but....

A few random thoughts...

I thought it was funny that Sun finally starts to speak English and it's to the one person who actually could have understood her previously!

Did Sun have a flashback/sideways flash of the island when she saw Locke in the hospital?

Who is Jack's ex-wife? Juliet maybe?

Sayid didn't kill Desmond...

Sawyers best line was about Lapidus looking like he was out of a Bert Reynolds movie... <_<

I've decided not to get to crazy with theories and explanations. I am simply going to let the writers tell me what's going on rather than rack my brain trying to figure everything out. So, I will not be one of the many "I told you so" or "I was right" posters after the finally, but at least my head won't hurt as much!

A few random thoughts...

Who is Jack's ex-wife? Juliet maybe?

Sayid didn't kill Desmond...

I've decided not to get to crazy with theories and explanations. I am simply going to let the writers tell me what's going on rather than rack my brain trying to figure everything out. So, I will not be one of the many "I told you so" or "I was right" posters after the finally, but at least my head won't hurt as much!

Or Ana-Lucia... Possibly Ilana, after last night. But bearing in mind that David has a very, very pale complexion, not a bad guess.... Others might include Sara, or perhaps it might be the Italian woman he kissed the night Sara left him in the original timeline.

To expound on the Sayid-Des exchange more.... It seems likely that Des would have told Sayid about the Sideways world. That he had seen it and, as many of us think (since Des is not going in and out of consciousness), experienced the whole shebang of it. He was in a position to tell Sayid that if he does X,Y and Z, the sideways world (which is in a state of flux as we've seen) will be granted.

And to tell you the truth... from Desmond's perspective, what we call the "original timeline" is the real "sideways flash." The "original timeline" we've seen from the start could just be a 30-year-long "course correction." Strike that, actually. The S5 time-flashes included 1954 and a time when the Tawaret statue, destroyed by the Black Rock, was still standing.

And, just to point out, we still don't know what happened to Rose and Bernard after the Jughead detonation.

recap link

Jack: "If that thing wants us to leave, maybe it's afraid of what happens if we stay."

And as Jack jumped off the side of the sailboat into the water, we saw Mirror Image #4: from Season 4's finale, when Sawyer sacrificed himself and jumped out of the helicopter and into the water below. Again...a role reversal in a similarly shot scene.

Which was immediately followed by Mirror Image #5: from Season 3's finale, only now instead of Jack yelling after Kate, "We have to go back!", Kate is now yelling at Sawyer about Jack..."We have to go back!"

Not much to really say as the episodes are getting more and more straight forward. I think Flocke is telling the truth or at least his version of the truth. So I think he truly was Christian. Yet if he needed the body to be present of the person's identity he overtook the question remains who was that guy we first saw him as when him and Jacob were talking on the beach? Also does Jacob have these same powers? We might ever find out these answers but just throwing them out there.

Also it seems that Sayid wasn't truthful of killing Desmond. I think Desmond was asking Sayid his question about what Flocke offered him so he could find him in the sideways world. Speaking of sideways time I'm surprised no one else mentioned the feeling like there might be a sideways reunion of most of the Lostaways at the hospital and/or jail. As have a sneaking suspicion that somehow the group that we see on the island now has to somehow group together in the sideworld and the finale might ultimately be of which world they chose. To quote one Jack Shepperd from S1, "We can live together or die alone".

Not much to really say as the episodes are getting more and more straight forward. I think Flocke is telling the truth or at least his version of the truth. So I think he truly was Christian. Yet if he needed the body to be present of the person's identity he overtook the question remains who was that guy we first saw him as when him and Jacob were talking on the beach? Also does Jacob have these same powers? We might ever find out these answers but just throwing them out there.

I have a feeling that the first body he's in isn't going to be a factor. But another question is, why can't he change bodies anymore?

Speaking of sideways time I'm surprised no one else mentioned the feeling like there might be a sideways reunion of most of the Lostaways at the hospital and/or jail. As have a sneaking suspicion that somehow the group that we see on the island now has to somehow group together in the sideworld and the finale might ultimately be of which world they chose. To quote one Jack Shepperd from S1, "We can live together or die alone".

I don't thing it's been mentioned becasue it's pretty obvious. I would think all the main players will end up at the hospital at some point. Desmond's next stop is probably the police station...

Also it seems that Sayid wasn't truthful of killing Desmond. I think Desmond was asking Sayid his question about what Flocke offered him so he could find him in the sideways world. Speaking of sideways time I'm surprised no one else mentioned the feeling like there might be a sideways reunion of most of the Lostaways at the hospital and/or jail. As have a sneaking suspicion that somehow the group that we see on the island now has to somehow group together in the sideworld and the finale might ultimately be of which world they chose. To quote one Jack Shepperd from S1, "We can live together or die alone".

There's a couple of lines of thought on MIB as Christian. Either he was lying to Jack, or he was lying to Sawyer/everyone that he can't leave the main island. Remember that Christian appeared in both the freighter just before it exploded (with no boat there that MIB could have taken), and in Jack's office lobby in LA, where his presence set off the smoke detector. It also was on Hydra Island when it possessed Locke's body.

FLocke also said the only way he can possess a body is if it arrives on the island in a wood box. ... This is not unlike how Jacob's list of the candidates were enclosed in the wooden ankh before Dogen broke it open. How one of the candidates actually becomes Jacobesque remains to be seen --- tho one might assume it has to do with Ilana's bagfull of Jacob's ashes that Hurley peeked into last week before he started his "I know what we have to do" bluff.

I have a feeling that the first body he's in isn't going to be a factor. But another question is, why can't he change bodies anymore?

From Lostepdia: The Man in Black:

"According to Ilana in 2007 following Jacob's death, the Man in Black is now unable to use anything but his Locke and Monster forms."

Might be one of the "rules" that Jacob mentions to the Man in Black while on the beach in last season's finale.

From Lostepdia: The Man in Black:

"According to Ilana in 2007 following Jacob's death, the Man in Black is now unable to use anything but his Locke and Monster forms."

Might be one of the "rules" that Jacob mentions to the Man in Black while on the beach in last season's finale.

With the stakes so high and one of the main players supposedly dead, I wonder who or what is still enforcing the rules and why it even matters?

Something I've been thinking about since last night... Without knowing much about the "game", or the rules, or the backstory of the mythology...

IMO, Jack is now fully in the Jacob role. We've seen him accepting and becoming it more and more, and when he realized last night that he should not and could not leave the island, he assumed that role. Once he figured out that FLocke cant leave without him, and that he doesnt want to leave and doesnt want FLocke to leave, and that all he has to do is simply not leave... that's all there is too it.

MiB could not kill Jacob, or make him do anything he didn't want to. MiB can not kill the candidates, or make them do anything they do not want to. All it takes is one of them to say "I'm not going anywhere", and MiB is right back in the situation he was in with Jacob being alive. he can try to manipulate Jack, but if Jack has his mind made up and knows that MiB has an ulterior motive, there will be no manipulating.

Something I've been thinking about since last night... Without knowing much about the "game", or the rules, or the backstory of the mythology...

IMO, Jack is now fully in the Jacob role. We've seen him accepting and becoming it more and more, and when he realized last night that he should not and could not leave the island, he assumed that role. Once he figured out that FLocke cant leave without him, and that he doesnt want to leave and doesnt want FLocke to leave, and that all he has to do is simply not leave... that's all there is too it.

MiB could not kill Jacob, or make him do anything he didn't want to. MiB can not kill the candidates, or make them do anything they do not want to. All it takes is one of them to say "I'm not going anywhere", and MiB is right back in the situation he was in with Jacob being alive. he can try to manipulate Jack, but if Jack has his mind made up and knows that MiB has an ulterior motive, there will be no manipulating.

... and that's where Kate comes in.

... and that's where Kate comes in.

im completely ready for Kate to be sacrificed. im actually surprised she's made it this long.

but i Know what you mean, she will be MiB's trump card for Jack. only thing is, i dont think it will work. Jack already made it off the island. He already had Kate. and he already lost her because of his obsession with the Island. if it comes down to it, at this point, i think Jack picks the Island over Kate.

if you notice in the side-world, where everyone has what they want, Jack doesnt have Kate. Dangling Kate as bait wont have the same effect as Nadia and Sayid. Kate is not what Jack really wants.

You're definitely not alone in the Jack equals the new Jacob theory, I have heard the numerous times. Not sure if I believe it, but it definitely would not surprise me. I think Jack's realization that Flocke might not want to leave the island with the candidates, but rather just get rid of the candidates, for reasons yet to be known, is spot on. Pretty soon they will all be together on the island in "real" time and in the hospital in the flash sideways, that's when the shat will hit the fin....

You're definitely not alone in the Jack equals the new Jacob theory, I have heard the numerous times. Not sure if I believe it, but it definitely would not surprise me. I think Jack's realization that Flocke might not want to leave the island with the candidates, but rather just get rid of the candidates, for reasons yet to be known, is spot on. Pretty soon they will all be together on the island in "real" time and in the hospital in the flash sideways, that's when the shat will hit the fin....

See, I've seen Jack as not only the main character all along but also as Jacobs replacement. I'm a little curious as to why people are surprised by Jacks 180.

See, I've seen Jack as not only the main character all along but also as Jacobs replacement. I'm a little curious as to why people are surprised by Jacks 180.

im with you on this as well. while it's easy to get distracted, or change theories week to week, when you look back the show has been centered around him the entire time.

im with you on this as well. while it's easy to get distracted, or change theories week to week, when you look back the show has been centered around him the entire time.

Bingo, they have done their best to distract us but if you've been following you can see it's been Jack v Locke the whole time.

Bingo, they have done their best to distract us but if you've been following you can see it's been Jack v Locke the whole time.

yeah, its right in the Wired article I posted.

the whole thing is Jack v Locke, Jacob v MiB, Chaos v Order, Free Will v Destiny, Science v Faith...

what i dont like about that article is where they are correct in saying there is no winner, the battle goes on forever. that leads me to believe that all we are going to get out of the finale is a resolution of bringing the 2 timelines together. and they state about as much too. which im not real thrilled about seeing as how the sideways world was just brought in this season. of course, that's assuming a lot. we'll see.