CBO scores the Senate Health Bill

Magox

I just caught ten minutes of FoxSnooze on the attack against health care. One of their blonde MILF reporters asked the White House Office of Health Care Reform Director of Communications (the "Office of Health Care Reform" has a communications director? That says volumes right there) what she thought about the CNN poll that "shows 73% of all Americans" want Congress to scrap this bill and start over. The WHOHCRDoC was caught COMPLETELY unprepared by the question, and had to resort to five minutes of blather about how the American people want kids to stay on their parents' health care plans until they're 26, because that's what her polls say...

It was just embarrassing. I don't know if Fox made up the poll numbers or not...and it's not relevant. For a "director of communications", whose job by definition is to communicate information to the public, to knowingly go on a hostile network and go into a full-goose conner-like intellectual meltdown and completely flub the first question posed to her...just embarrassingly unprepared. <_<:unsure:

That blond milf is Megyn Kelly. She's awesome, and I think she was referring to this CNN poll. I listened to that exchange on the radio, and it was funny as all hell. You kept hearing the WH person say "Well, Megyn, there are all kinds of polls out there. We don't know what kind of questions were asked and how knowledgeable the respondents were..."

"So the people who responded to the poll don't know what they're talking about?"

"No, I'm just saying there are a lot of polls out there..." :censored:

Too bad you can't watch the debate. Just before break, Rep. Louise Slaughter from NY started yapping about how one of her constituents has to use her dead sister's false teeth ("And thank God they fit!") because she can't afford insurance. Granted, I was listening on the radio, but you could hear Obama basically saying "Oooookay, I think this is a good time to break for lunch."

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That blond milf is Megyn Kelly. She's awesome, and I think she was referring to this CNN poll. I listened to that exchange on the radio, and it was funny as all hell. You kept hearing the WH person say "Well, Megyn, there are all kinds of polls out there. We don't know what kind of questions were asked and how knowledgeable the respondents were..."

"So the people who responded to the poll don't know what they're talking about?"

"No, I'm just saying there are a lot of polls out there..." <_<

Too bad you can't watch the debate. Just before break, Rep. Louise Slaughter from NY started yapping about how one of her constituents has to use her dead sister's false teeth ("And thank God they fit!") because she can't afford insurance. Granted, I was listening on the radio, but you could hear Obama basically saying "Oooookay, I think this is a good time to break for lunch."

Hey come on if I had to wear my sisters hand me down shirt she sure as hell can wear her sisters hand me down teeth. At least hers fit.

Make health insurance just like life insurance. It's your responsibility to protect yourself and your family. Any idea how many homes are lost due to a death or disability? Actually more are lost to disability but neither of them are mandated by the government. Allow people to choose which health plan they want and the earlier in life they get it the cheaper it is, they lock in the price until 65 when Medicare kicks in. No tying it to employers, no pre-existing conditions and if an employer wants to subsidize employees premiums to attract good employee's they would be welcome to do so.

Spoken like someone with industry experience. I always find it amazing that the azzholes in DC don't bother to approach insurance professionals to design better ideas.

Is it really necessary for every single Democratic politician to bring up an anectodal story about health care? We all realize that there is a problem, how about just dealing with substantive solutions. When one tries to win the sympathy vote, then you know that they are running out of bullets.

Is it really necessary for every single Democratic politician to bring up an anectodal story about health care? We all realize that there is a problem, how about just dealing with substantive solutions. When one tries to win the sympathy vote, then you know that they are running out of bullets.

Yeah, thats where they lose me.

EVERYONE knows costs are out of control for ALL Americans.

You think were having this debate just so Juan can repair the leg he broke jumping the border or so 18 year old Michelle from Macungie can get a free abortion?

Im sorry, you lost me at Megyn Kelly.

This thing axtually isnt bad. At least everyoen is in the same room and is TALKING to one another. I know...thats not too promising...but you have to start somewhere.

You've got 40 politicians - not health professionals, or even financial professionals - in a room together talking about how to keep health "care" costs down by raising costs for some, providing coverage for more, and throwing money at everything.

Yes, it is that bad.

I wonder if she really believes have the dumbassical stuff she says or if she's really some sort of evil genius and knows that there is a segment of the population that believes in her lies.

"This bill will create 400 thousand jobs almost immediately..."

I can believe that. It'll take at LEAST that many lawyers to figure out all the bull **** in this bull.

"This bill will create 400 thousand jobs almost immediately..."

I can believe that. It'll take at LEAST that many lawyers to figure out all the bull **** in this bull.

And all 400,000 jobs will, of course, be government jobs. Which is good, because as a country we're just not dependent enough on the federal government.

And all 400,000 jobs will, of course, be government jobs. Which is good, because as a country we're just not dependent enough on the federal government.

Not immediately. But in 20 years, when the government has to bail out the health insurance industry after record losses (blamed, of course, on a Republican administration's lack of regulation and the malfesance of corporate leadership), and does so by buying up large chunks of equity as a "capital infusion", thereby owning the whole industry...then, yeah, they'll all be government jobs.

It's no secret that I hate the idea of a completely government-run, socialized government medical program...but even that would be better than the **** they're shoveling right now. The ENTIRETY of Congress seems so clueless right now it's laughable.

So Obama closed his infomercial with this gem:

"Politically speaking, there may not be any reason for Republicans to want to do something... I don't need a poll to know that most of Republican voters are opposed to this bill and might be opposed to the kind of compromise we could craft. It might be very hard politically for you to do this. But I think it was worthwhile to make this effort."

ummm, just republicans? ok, try again. :nana:

The CBO scored this thing and said that it will cause everyone's premiums to rise 27%, which is more than it would increase if they did nothing. So what is the purpose of this again? Oh yes, that's right, government takeover of health care. :nana:

I didn't get to see most of it, but did anyone bring up the fact that members of congress and their staffs were exempt from the previously-proposed bills? If that isn't the height of arrogance.

Just saw the BBC coverage of the thing. I like how the Republican congressmen kept saying "We have the best health care system in the world!" :nana: Can you imagine trying to quantify something like a "health care system?"

“I think it requires a little bit of humility to be able to know what the American people think, and I don’t. I can’t swear I do. I know what I think. I think I know what they think, but I’m not sure what they think,”

Take a wild guess who said this