Gruden did NOT turn down the Buffalo Bills...

SDS

He turned down the ENTIRE NFL. That means NO job opening was more appealing to him than his gig at ESPN. NONE. ZIP. NADA.

and yes, this needed its own thread because it has been said so many times in other threads that I felt the need to set you snapperheads straight. :lol:

I'm fairly certain our inferiority complexes dictate that Gruden, as well as all other top coaching candidates, turned down the job because no one wants to come to Buffalo because we're so bad, we're beyond saving. Unless, of course, Ralph spends alot of money which, of course, will mean he overpaid and therfore must be desperate.

So, if you please, I think Gruden hates Buffalo. Just as I'm certain Cowher laughed at the very notion of coaching the lowly Bills.

:lol:

It's really the same deal with Cowher, he said he wants to wait until the end of the season and look at all of the jobs. I don't feel either coach turned the Bills down by saying they would never coach here. Both have reasons for their decisions that should not necessarily reflect poorly on the Bills. Holmgren turned down the redskins mid season and nobody says anything about that.

He turned down the ENTIRE NFL. That means NO job opening was more appealing to him than his gig at ESPN. NONE. ZIP. NADA.

and yes, this needed its own thread because it has been said so many times in other threads that I felt the need to set you snapperheads straight. :lol:

Thank you. Think I posted something about Gruden deciding to stay in the MNF broadcast booth before any rumor of the Bills' potential interest in him surfaced -- in fact, while Jauron was still the head coach. As if I needed any more proof that most of this board has me on ignore. :lol:

Thank you. Think I posted something about Gruden deciding to stay in the MNF broadcast booth before any rumor of the Bills' potential interest in him surfaced -- in fact, while Jauron was still the head coach. As if I needed any more proof that most of this board has me on ignore. :lol:

I don't have you on ignore Lori :lol: [/suck up]

It's really the same deal with Cowher, he said he wants to wait until the end of the season and look at all of the jobs. I don't feel either coach turned the Bills down by saying they would never coach here. Both have reasons for their decisions that should not necessarily reflect poorly on the Bills. Holmgren turned down the redskins mid season and nobody says anything about that.

If I'm not mistaken, Cowher's family is in North Carolina?? He's looking for the Panther's job to open up....

Agreed. I thought the story of the extension broke last Monday or over that weekend (Nov 14-15 or so), so Gruden wasn't an option even before Jauron got the axe.

IMHO .... It would be stupid for the Bills to NOT contact all of the available head coach/General Manager candidates as soon as possible to get their name in the ring and start the process....

BUT it would be equally stupid for any one of the candidates to accept the first and only offer on the table before they can gage exactly what the market is for their services.

Don't look for a hire before the end of the season

Don't worry Lori, I think most of the board has their own brain on ignore. In fact, I may turn that feature on myself.

can't remember who i heard say it, either on the szaban show, dan patrick show or jim rome show....they will believe he will be in the MNF booth next year when they see it...didnt seem to convinced that he would not be coaching somewhere next year

Before they had to settle on Zorn last year, the Redskins made calls to Cowher, Gruden and every other big name. They had no takers either. So it's not just the Bills, some of these guys just want to decide when to get back into coaching. I hate this insinuation that the Bills are some kind of stepping stone to the bigger jobs. It's the NFL for godssake! When Ralph says he will open his wallet, it's as good a job as any out there.

Gruden turned down the entire NFL

The Bills are part of the NFL

So Gruden turned down the Bills

ergo, no big name coach wants to come coach for the Bills

Whats so difficult to understand, SDS ? :lol:

I may quibble with the timing though. If I read between the lines of the Gruden story, it sounds like the Bills may have contacted him while Jauron was still employed.

The timing is very fluid. Gruden's announced ESPN extension was Nov. 16. Jauron was fired Nov. 17. WIVB story broke on Nov. 20. My guess is that if Bills had an interest it was likely before Nov. 16.

I didn't know this was an option. How can I put you on ignore?

Exactly. I am sick of reading how he 'just' rejected the Bills. Now Holmgren on the other hand....