Who else agrees?

Estro

I wouldn't say he sucks. But, he does look slow this year. As I recall, during Preseason he said he gained weight this past off season to better help him take hits. ?? I wonder if he's still at the higher weight, because he just looks slow.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch has been a non factor since returning from his suspension.

The Bills running game has tanked rather than be re-energized.

In baseball there is a term that is used when deciding to resign a player- "value over replacement player".

From what I have seen on the field this year, Lynch can easily be replaced.

Neither back is running well and it is obviously due to our crap line. Anyone can tell though that Jackson is the more effective back since Lynch returned. Jackson should have the bulk of carries. What I don't get is Jackson runs for a touchdown which is called back due to an awesome penalty. So next play we put Lynch in?

It's a mirage...watch what Freddie has done the past month...he hasn't played any better than Lynch. And don't blame it on Lynch splitting time with him, that doesn't make any sense. If he can make the runs he can make the runs. He just doesn't have any holes to run in.

I agree, a big part of the results are because of the scheme and the blocking. Fred Jackson hasn't been any better than Lynch over the course of the last 4-6 games. Jackson had a couple good games at the beginning of the year when Lynch was suspended like the dumbass that he is, and everyone has fallen in love with him.

Neither back is running well and it is obviously due to our crap line. Anyone can tell though that Jackson is the more effective back since Lynch returned. Jackson should have the bulk of carries. What I don't get is Jackson runs for a touchdown which is called back due to an awesome penalty. So next play we put Lynch in?

Maybe Jackson wore himself out celebrating in the endzone, instead of acting like he had been there before.

The blame game does get very old after a while.

This thread is fuggin brilliant. Lets trade/cut the only other offensive player who has made the probowl for the Bills in recent years. GREAT IDEA.

Well, if you consider that he only made the pro-bowl because the real recipients of the pro-bowl team didnt/couldnt play in the game. Lynch is just about as much a pro-bowler as he is a good driver. Its no coincidence he didnt see that woman in the street when he ran her over, he cant see a LB blitzing on his QB, or a hole to run through. Hes a power back, yet he tip toes around the LOS until he finds something open. Isnt that an idiotic thought for a power running back?

He sucks, I cant understand peoples love for bad players who make bad decisions on and off the field. Your cheering for bad players like Lynch is what is wrong with this team. We accept mediocraty.

Well, if you consider that he only made the pro-bowl because the real recipients of the pro-bowl team didnt/couldnt play in the game. Lynch is just about as much a pro-bowler as he is a good driver. Its no coincidence he didnt see that woman in the street when he ran her over, he cant see a LB blitzing on his QB, or a hole to run through. Hes a power back, yet he tip toes around the LOS until he finds something open. Isnt that an idiotic thought for a power running back?

He sucks, I cant understand peoples love for bad players who make bad decisions on and off the field. Your cheering for bad players like Lynch is what is wrong with this team. We accept mediocraty.

Sure, but falling in love with a 29 year old running back that had two good games and hasn't done jack since...that's the right idea.....

1. I do think Jackson should start, and get most of the carries.

2. I think trading Marshawn is dumb. Every good team (and at least one crappy one) has two good backs. Just switch their roles.

3. I'm sick of the O-Line being blamed for the offense sucking. You think Adrian Peterson has holes on every running play? He's in shape, plays hard and he MAKES holes when they're not there. That's the difference.

Lynch looked good against the Jets. Has not played well the last couple weeks.

Both are good backs. Compliment each other well. But play behind an oline that as of today has just 5 healthy bodies. And i am not sure the Bills ever had the same line start 2 weeks in a row this whole season.

The problem is/was bad play calling and a young/hurt oline.

The best running back ever, according to yardage gained, is Emmit Smith. Does anyone think he is the best back? Or is it because he played behind the best Oline for most of his career.

The best running back ever, according to yardage gained, is Emmit Smith. Does anyone think he is the best back? Or is it because he played behind the best Oline for most of his career.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but if Thurman had break away speed, or anything even close to break away speed, he would have been the greatest RB ever to play the game.

People are hesitant to admit when high draft picks are a bust. I don't blame them mind you. It sucks to have to face the fact that inept, senile, stupid management has destroyed this team yet again.

Whitner and Lynch are not bad. They are both decent picks.....for round 3.

thread is ridiculous

What holes?

Sure, but falling in love with a 29 year old running back that had two good games and hasn't done jack since...that's the right idea.....

Lynch looked good against the Jets. Has not played well the last couple weeks.

Both are good backs. Compliment each other well. But play behind an oline that as of today has just 5 healthy bodies. And i am not sure the Bills ever had the same line start 2 weeks in a row this whole season.

The problem is/was bad play calling and a young/hurt oline.

+1

People are hesitant to admit when high draft picks are a bust. I don't blame them mind you. It sucks to have to face the fact that inept, senile, stupid management has destroyed this team yet again.

I don't disagree that Lynch isn't a first round caliber RB (especially considering how all-world the other RB taken in the first round is....sigh...) but what I find humorous is the love affair some people have with Fred Jackson. His numbers since week 2 rival that of Anthony Thomas.

This team has so many issues as is that we cannot afford to address running back with any free agent signings or draft picks. Let Lynch play out his contract, shifting more carries to Fred Jackson (which, considering his age, might not be a good idea). In the mean time, develop the freakin' O-Line so both of these guys can actually find a hole to run through.

Here's a newsflash people: BOTH OF THEM ARE PEDESTRIAN RIGHT NOW. Our running game stinks and the platoon of street agents we have filling the line is a great reason why.

I personally like FJ more than ML but I have never fallen in love with him. The fact is (and I proved it before by stats and dont have time to do it right now, nor do I really care to go through all that again) that FJ is a better back. Based on blocking, route running, receiving, yards/carry, and leadership. He is more versitle and just plays a smarter game all around. Does that mean that I think he is the long term answer? Absolutely not, he is 29 years old and (even though he has much less milage on him then most backs his age) should start to wear down fairly soon after hitting that 30 mark. All Im saying is that we could have possibly traded Lynch for even a 4th round pick in the offseason (before the suspension came) and we would have been better off. He hasnt done anything this year to fall in love with and most likely he will not be resigned (probably because of his off the field issues) anyway. Get something while you can for the waste of talent. Hes not a smart player on the field, and hes defenately not smart off it based on the last 2 offseasons.

Bill from NYC Posted Today, 04:39 PM

Completely agree. They arent bad at all. But to call them great, or even good is a joke. They are better then average and thats it. For example, If either of them would have been on Pittsburgh last year for their Super Bowl team they would have been back ups. That should tell us something. Other players that fall into this category are Poz, Mitchell, Evans, McGee and Schobel. Would have all been back ups on a Super Bowl team. And lets not get into the Mitchell argument that he was a starter, he was the worst LB for the Giants that year.

The truth is most of this team is not good or even average talent. The sooner we all realize this the sooner we can start to rebuild. I wonder how many people are going to really pissed when the new coach comes in and cuts/trades all the players they love so much. Im sure most people were pissed in Denver that they got rid of Cutler. Now its looking like it was the smart move. Hes thrown over 18 int's in Chi and Orton isnt exactly burning up the scoreboard but hes not losing games really either.