Wood

bills_red

This team will have a lot of holes to fill in the offseason, and the injury situation will make it that much more difficult. I have never seen so many injuries at this point in a season. Very depressing.

Of course, you are more likely to get inured when

a) you don't practice in pads during the week

b) you design your team around SMALLER quicker players

c) you fire Rusty Jones the strength and conditioning coach

d) you have inferior talent getting beaten up by bigger, better, stronger players

Jauron in chicago also was beset by a rash of injuries. Coincidence? I think not.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A kid on my college team had the same break, both tib and fib clean break, but I think it was lower on his led than Woods. He had a titanium rod put it (not sure if he ever got it taken out) and was on crutches a couple days later. Missed the rest of the season but was back at practice in the fall - which was less than 6 months. He should be fine for next year.

Just too bad - he was my favorite player.

According to Chris Brown, Wood has a broken tibia and fibula. Surgery in Jacksonville tonight.

Chris Brown earning his paycheck with another earth shattering piece of news! Someone started a thread on him and I wanted to reply but didn't out of lending any credibility to him but this forced me to respond because this exactly the Brown MO. Report the obvious or already been reported news. What has happened to the journalism biz when NFL teams self-report. Isn't that what Scott Berchtold is for? Do the Bills honestly think anyone gives Brown any credibility? Oh wait, we still buy tickets and fill the stadium for them. :unsure:

when I saw it on the reply you KNEW his leg was broke.

Mods please take the vid off and put T.O. TD catch on or game highlights

It is really poor taste to watch this video again :unsure:

I can't, or I would. FWIW, CBS deliberately chose not to show the replay.

Chris Brown earning his paycheck with another earth shattering piece of news! Someone started a thread on him and I wanted to reply but didn't out of lending any credibility to him but this forced me to respond because this exactly the Brown MO. Report the obvious or already been reported news. What has happened to the journalism biz when NFL teams self-report. Isn't that what Scott Berchtold is for? Do the Bills honestly think anyone gives Brown any credibility? Oh wait, we still buy tickets and fill the stadium for them. :unsure:

it is called public relations. All major companies do it.

OMG!!! That ranks right up there with the worst sports injuries I've ever seen. The others were when Sid Vicious (the wrestler) snapped his ankle in two when he jumped off the 2nd turnbuckle to kick Scott Steiner in the chest, and McGahee's knee injury in college. I really hope Wood can play again. My prayers are with him & hopes he has a good recovery.

no way, worst leg injury was Napolean McCallum's for the Raiders. Poor guy nearly died from loss of blood.

Im not watching any of these.

OMG!!! That ranks right up there with the worst sports injuries I've ever seen. The others were when Sid Vicious (the wrestler) snapped his ankle in two when he jumped off the 2nd turnbuckle to kick Scott Steiner in the chest, and McGahee's knee injury in college. I really hope Wood can play again. My prayers are with him & hopes he has a good recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfx4f3aimQ

Here's the Sid Vicious injury, probably one of the worst injuries I've ever seen.

no way, worst leg injury was Napolean McCallum's for the Raiders. Poor guy nearly died from loss of blood.

Im not watching any of these.

haven't seen it. I know we had 2 bad throat injuries in Hockey happen in Buffalo, Clint Malarchuk and Richard Zednik (I think that's right).

Tim Krumrie, Joe Theisman.

By far the worst slow mo replays ever.

God, that was awful.

Figures that our stud draft pick gets his tib/ fib blown out.

What a year...what a decade...

Yup. I think it's time we told the football Gods that enough is enough. Bills fans have paid an ample price for the priviledge of playing in 4 straight Superbowls. It's time for the hex to be removed and placed elsewhere.

Best wishes to Eric for a full recovery and for the Bills as well.

The town is cursed.

It's true. It really is.

Careers ruined, endless heartbreaking losses, 4 SBs, greatest/most famous player is a double murderer.....they shouldn't even move the Bills. Just disband them entirely so that no one else has to suffer.