Wood

bills_red

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The peg leg almost DID happen to that NE RB who got hurt in a beach game at the probowl several years ago. Forgot his name, but I remember the Dr. sayaing after that they were close to having to amputate, it was 50/50 for awhile if they could save it.

And I think even THAT guy came back albeit briefly, to the league. Edwards I think was his name.

<Emphasis> I AM NOT A DOCTOR (nor a fluffer)</Emphasis>

Wasn't that due to blood supply issues to the lower leg? Hopefully damage to tissue and blood supplying stuff was minimal.

(& I agree with those who would rather not see the freeze frame on the front page)

Well, it's a good thing the new health care bill isn't law yet. With rationing of services coming, teams like the Colts and Patriots* will get top-notch care. The Lions and Bills will have to settle for whichever veterinarian is on call at the local animal shelter.

My prayers go out to EW. He's a tough guy, and I believe he'll be fine.

:unsure:

Wasn't that due to blood supply issues to the lower leg? Hopefully damage to tissue and blood supplying stuff was minimal.

Yep. Robert Edwards. That was a knee injury, though - tore all four ligaments, a nerve, and the major artery that run through the knee.

(& I agree with those who would rather not see the freeze frame on the front page)

I think it took some time for proper medical care to get to him they were way down the beach.

Wood was treated by the best in the biz immediately of course.

This Chris Brown "report" has been referenced ad nauseum....

how does he know the surgery is for "re-setting the bones" and nothing more? And really, is there any doubt whatsoever his injury is season-ending?

I don't want to read too much into this report from Chris Brown BUT:

Bills OL Eric Wood has a fractured tibia and fibula and is staying in Jacksonville tonight.

Wood is having surgery to re-set the bones. He’s expected back in Buffalo on Monday.

With six weeks left in the season its likely that Wood’s injury is season ending. We’ll get the official update Monday at Perry Fewell’s wrap up press conference.

Two things stick out at me if that report is accurate.

1. He's having the bones re-set and there is no mention of pins or rods.

2. If he's flying back tomorrow, I'm assuming it's not going to be a major reconstructive surgery. If it was he'd likely be in the hospital for a few days.

Let's keep hoping!

if you're a real doctor then i suck dick for a living. good one ****! get your thumb out of your ass. :unsure:

He is. In fact, he was part of the medical staff at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic Games.

Good luck with your own career choice ...

He is. In fact, he was part of the medical staff at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic Games.

Good luck with your own career choice ...

Wow...the board's first confirmed rooster-sucker.....this is a watershed moment.

As for Wood, here's to a speedy recovery big guy. This team needs you. At center.

Wow...the board's first confirmed rooster-sucker.....this is a watershed moment.

Wow indeed. You've brought to light another inconsistency in the language filter.

You can say piss, but you can't say ****

You can say rooster-sucker but you can't say kitty licker

Wow indeed. You've brought to light another inconsistency in the language filter.

You can say piss, but you can't say ****

You can say rooster-sucker but you can't say kitty licker

That is surely sexism I just can't figure out which sex would qualify as the maligned one....

Allen Wilson reports it as a "compound fracture" and had immediate surgery. If that's true it's definitely a worst case scenario.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/870526.html

I'm going to wait until Chris Brown reports it. You know with Brown that the story will always be right. You may have to wait for it, but you can take the story to the bank.

I'm starting to re-think my theory that the Bills only seem snake-bitten each year with injuries. So with Eric out, won't this be the seventh different O-line configuration come Sunday? And doesn't that make three starting O-linemen out for the year? I'm sure other teams have similar injury problems, but this is getting ridiculous.

Yup, Your right. That was my point when I was calling for Dick's job over a year ago. The injuries are not bad luck, they are a trend. Its no coincidence that Dick's light practices and cake-walk camps have something to do with all the injuries. Im not saying that Woods injury necessarily has anything to do with that. Pretty sure it doesnt. But alot of the other injuries weve had fall into that catagory IMO.

Yup, Your right. That was my point when I was calling for Dick's job over a year ago. The injuries are not bad luck, they are a trend. Its no coincidence that Dick's light practices and cake-walk camps have something to do with all the injuries. Im not saying that Woods injury necessarily has anything to do with that. Pretty sure it doesnt. But alot of the other injuries weve had fall into that catagory IMO.

But his players LIKED each other....