Edwards revisited

Coach Tuesday

The differance between Trent and some of the guys we have had in the past is that Trent actually belongs in the NFL. Not as a starter but he is an Ideal backup, he can come off the bench, make a few plays, maybe win a game here and there. He doesnt lose games, he doesnt make alot of bonehead decisions, he just doesnt win games or make big plays and he is smart enough to know the playbook. These are charateristics of a backup QB.

my thoughts exactly, him and fitz are identical, not consistent enough to be a good starter, but can come off the bench and play good enough to win a couple games here and there.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

You fellas want to know the real reason why TE is benched and this is stemming from someone notorious for buddying up with players on the defensive side of the ball, probably because the offense can't stand him.

T.O.'s main reason for Fitz to start,

“I think Ryan, number one he is a veteran,” said Terrell Owens. “He has a lot more experience. (WTF, thats totally false)

To make a long story short T.O. then goes on to explain in his opinion the starting QB position was Fitzpatricks to lose based on his 2-1 start. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what Fitzpatrick did against the Texans, lose his starting position.

Terrell Owens is trying to pave the way for Michael Vick to come into Buffalo and even willing to lie about it.

The S.O.B. strikes again.

The decision also tells me Fewell should not be in charge of this ball club, it should have been Bobby April dry.

So another QB gets thrown under the bus by T.O...

How it began and when:

Trent Edwards separates himself from the crowd in the respect that he is not going to buddy up with one person over anyone else for the sake of all, something a good leader does sometimes. With the help of T.O. this was TE's demise. I sensed hostilities starting with RW's hall of fame induction and from then on relations went down hill. I suspect T.O. took it personally that TE was not extending the welcome carpet in his direction.

All speculation on my part of course and I realize I'm not able to judge someones character completely without knowing them personally, but its fair to say T.O.'s reputation proceeds him and so does his poor character.

Terrell Owens is trying to pave the way for Michael Vick to come into Buffalo and even willing to lie about it.

So, in other words, you think TO is coming back next year? That's the only explanation for the ludicrous assumption that this is all because he wants Michael Vick here.

You fellas want to know the real reason why TE is benched and this is stemming from someone notorious for buddying up with players on the defensive side of the ball, probably because the offense can't stand him.

T.O.'s main reason for Fitz to start,

"I think Ryan, number one he is a veteran," said Terrell Owens. "He has a lot more experience. (WTF, thats totally false)

To make a long story short T.O. then goes on to explain in his opinion the starting QB position was Fitzpatricks to lose based on his 2-1 start. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what Fitzpatrick did against the Texans, lose his starting position.

The decision also tells me Fewell should not be in charge of this ball club, it should have been Bobby April dry.

So another QB gets thrown under the bus by T.O...

How it began and when:

Trent Edwards separates himself from the crowd in the respect that he is not going to buddy up with one person over anyone else for the sake of all, something a good leader does sometimes. With the help of T.O. this was TE's demise. I sensed hostilities starting with RW's hall of fame induction and from then on relations went down hill. I suspect T.O. took it personally that TE was not extending the welcome carpet in his direction.

All speculation on my part of course and I realize I'm not able to judge someones character completely without knowing them personally, but its fair to say T.O.'s reputation proceeds him and so does his poor character.

The reason Trent was benched was because Trent sucks. It has nothing to do with anyone else.

Guest dog14787
The reason Trent was benched was because Trent sucks. It has nothing to do with anyone else.

Nawww, O-line, OC ,FO and two concussions in one year had nothing to do with it, right :(

I'll add one more strange fact to the mix: Jauron, who for all of his numerous faults never was one to call out a player publicly after a poor performance, absolutely ripped him to shreds (by Jauron's standards) after the Tennessee game. Saying a QB should be benched for "missing reads" is to me the same as saying that you've decided that said QB is uncoachable. Again, I continue to think there has to be more to the story.

Guest dog14787
T.O.? Really?

Doesn't quite explain Lee Evans' obvious preference for Losman last season ...

T.O.'s opinion carries allot of weight with the players and coaches and if you think it doesn't I'm not sure what to tell you.

As far as Losman and Lee, they were best friends so what do you expect.

Guest dog14787
So, in other words, you think TO is coming back next year? That's the only explanation for the ludicrous assumption that this is all because he wants Michael Vick here.

What makes you think if Dungy and Vick came to buffalo, Dungy wouldn't resign T.O., we don't actually know for sure what the new GM or HC might do, and what makes you think T.O. needs a good excuse to throw any QB under the bus.

I also explained how I believe T.O. was alienated. In the Titans game I watched two balls get thrown towards T.O. and he never made any attempt what so ever to adjust to on balls other WR's could have tracked down, balls that could have made the difference in the Football game.

T.O. even put his arms down at his side, something I thought was pathetic, something I've never seen anyone do.

All this on a player coming back from a concussion and bound to be rusty.

Are the NHL & MLB Networks league owned?

Yup. In fact, while I'm not sure about the NHL, there's been talk that anyone who takes a job with MLB.com or their network should lose their BBWAA card.

Also, I'm not sure about JLC (or Schefter before him), but I do know that anyone who writes for a team-owned Web site is ineligible for PFWA membership.

T.O.'s opinion carries allot of weight with the players and coaches and if you think it doesn't I'm not sure what to tell you.

As far as Losman and Lee, they were best friends so what do you expect.

There were people inside One Bills Drive privately questioning Edwards long before Owens got here. Just sayin'.

Something happened on those two throws to TO at the end of the Tennesse game. The game was over after the 51yrd FG. Why then do they all of a sudden throw two ten yard curls to TO. He hasn't run that pattern all year. Each time TO made no attempt to even step towards the ball. Either Trent threw it purposely the wrong direction or TO purposely turned the right direction. You could see something in TO's body language as he walked back to the line of scrimmage. Say what you want about Trent but accuracy on the short pass is not one of his faults. I think Gannon knew too. He ripped TO incorrectly for lining up incorrectly when obviously they had two plays called in the huddle and Trent misread the Defense. Gannon basically said nothing after those passes. He knew something was up.

Personally, I think the WR's revolted. They were tired of running routes only to see mediocre white TE's get all the catches. Even though Trent did a decent job getting TO and Evans involved early it faded once again.

I hope the story comes out soon...

Something happened on those two throws to TO at the end of the Tennesse game. The game was over after the 51yrd FG. Why then do they all of a sudden throw two ten yard curls to TO. He hasn't run that pattern all year. Each time TO made no attempt to even step towards the ball. Either Trent threw it purposely the wrong direction or TO purposely turned the right direction. You could see something in TO's body language as he walked back to the line of scrimmage. Say what you want about Trent but accuracy on the short pass is not one of his faults. I think Gannon knew too. He ripped TO incorrectly for lining up incorrectly when obviously they had two plays called in the huddle and Trent misread the Defense. Gannon basically said nothing after those passes. He knew something was up.

Personally, I think the WR's revolted. They were tired of running routes only to see mediocre white TE's get all the catches. Even though Trent did a decent job getting TO and Evans involved early it faded once again.

I hope the story comes out soon...

A very real possibility. I agree that the benching deserves a little more coverage than it is getting. It seems that people are too busy pulling coaching candidates out of their hat to cover the current team.

I truly don't believe Edwards has been given a fair chance. Yes, he has been extremely inconsistent. Yes, he has often been captain check down. However, even last week he threw 2 very nice deep balls to T.O.

He has shown the ability at times to have pocket presence, make good decisions, and has accuracy. There have been several excellent NFL quarterbacks who did not blossom until their 4th season (Eli Manning and Drew Brees). He has been playing on a lousy team with a lousy coach and a lousy O-line.

We know Fitzpatrick is not the quarterback of the future. I cannot understand why, in a season we know is already lost, we would not put Edwards out there to see if he finally shows some consistency. If by the end of the year, he is not showing improvement, sure try to bring in (draft or free agency) the next quarterback. But I would still keep him next year while a new QB is developing. The light may just turn on next season like it did for the 2 QB's I named. I think he has shown just enough upside to believe he may still develop. I would be very sad to see the guy just cut. I think there's a decent chance that we regret it in the future when he finally develops with a team like St Louis or Carolina.

Anyway, that's my opinion. It doesn't seem like too many people agree with it.

Guest dog14787
There were people inside One Bills Drive privately questioning Edwards long before Owens got here. Just sayin'.

They should also be questioning the O-line, OC and FO. Just sayin'

my thoughts exactly, him and fitz are identical, not consistent enough to be a good starter, but can come off the bench and play good enough to win a couple games here and there.

FOr some reason it never seems to work in the NFL to name a guy "the starter and potential franchise QB" and then after he flops, relegate him to a backup. Much like Harrington and/or Carr, once they get benched, they really need to go to another team in order to be a backup. The same will be true with Edwards. You need a backup that is commited to being a backup.

I also agree that something happened during or after the Tenn game. Edwards did not play THAT badly up until the last series. My theory is that his lack of passion for the game and his poor leadership ability have doomed him.