Trestman/Gilbride/Haslett

Besides Shanahan...as mentioned a few moments ago on ESPN NFL Live.

Marc Trestman - succeeded Shanahan in San Francisco, was Assistant Head Coach of Dolphins in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

Kevin Gilbride - Ex-Bills OC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Gilbride

Jim Haslett - Ex-Bills player

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Haslett

*Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Shanahan as our GM name his son as Head Coach...then, grab Trestman as an Offensive Coordinator and Haslett as our Defensive Coordinator. Keep Bobby April for ST.

Let Fewell see if he can get a better job elsewhere, which he probably would. But, if he doesn't, keep him on board.

I would also bring in Gill Byrd to work with his son. (not saying he needs help, but Byrd is regarded as a very good asst.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF this is true and Gilbride is being considered as a HC candidate, I think this would prove that the Bills organization (ie: Ralph) see Bledsoe as the main reason for the 2003 disaster that ended up killing this team, not KG. :unsure:

SHUT UP.

JUST SHUT UP.

Kevin Gilbride coming BACK to Buffalo as Head Coach is just %&*#ing insanity. Goddamnit, please, for the love of whatever God you worship, check your water supply. You've been living downstream of the acetone factory for about one month too long.

as mentioned a few moments ago on ESPN NFL Live.

And as mentioned in the thread posted about an hour ago O_o

hey, way to be a dick...did i see that anywhere? nope.

was this SAME EXACT thing posted in another post? doubt it.

were you the only one who had to be a dick about this post? yup!

thanks for your positive and intelligent input though...really shows your knowledge and football IQ.

thanks again.

Besides Shanahan...as mentioned a few moments ago on ESPN NFL Live.

Marc Trestman - succeeded Shanahan in San Francisco, was Assistant Head Coach of Dolphins in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

Kevin Gilbride - Ex-Bills OC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Gilbride

Jim Haslett - Ex-Bills player

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Haslett

*Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Shanahan as our GM name his son as Head Coach...then, grab Trestman as an Offensive Coordinator and Haslett as our Defensive Coordinator. Keep Bobby April for ST.

Let Fewell see if he can get a better job elsewhere, which he probably would. But, if he doesn't, keep him on board.

I would also bring in Gill Byrd to work with his son. (not saying he needs help, but Byrd is regarded as a very good asst.)

No offense, but there is no way the Bills will interview 4-5 coaches for the HC job, and then decide to hire them all in different capacities. That is just crazy talk.

I quote the esteemed TBD poster who originally came up with this...

Gil.bride (gil-brid), v.t. -brided, -briding 1. To err due to a spectacularly obvious lack of judgement. 2. To botch, boggle, bollix, or bungle a given situation. If SDS takes another vacation, Rosen better not gilbride the message boards again. 3. To continuiously pursue an obviously futile course of action with an attitude of obtuse stubbornness and complete lack of imagination. - n. 4. One who gilbrides. 5. A situation that is botched, boggled, bollixed, or bungled as a result of someone gilbriding. 6. Football. An offensive play which is foolish and results in predictable failure. It's third and two! Let's throw a gilbride and punt it away next play!

If killdrive is our next HC, I will burn my bills stuff (anything not-SB era related). I have never been more disgusted with an OC than I was with killdrive.

jesus christ, can this team do anything right??

Mike Shanahann?? He isnt even in my top 5. Gilbride??? I would also burn all my non-SB era Bills stuff.

This should be the order of interest from managements perspective, whether they are interested or not, they should at least contact the following:

1.) Bill Cowher- Pipe dream i know, but we can dream cant we?

2.) Marty Schottenheimer- Would be a great pick to get us back to the playoffs in a hurry

3.) Jim Hasslet- Buffalo roots, firery coach and lord knows we need that

4.) Jon Gruden- the polar oppositte of DJ and I am all for that

5.) Jim Fassel- Very good tactical coach, probably would come on the cheap too, Ralph!

6.) Biran Billick- Never gonna happen, but id still take him over Shannahann

SHUT UP.

JUST SHUT UP.

Kevin Gilbride coming BACK to Buffalo as Head Coach is just %&*#ing insanity. Goddamnit, please, for the love of whatever God you worship, check your water supply. You've been living downstream of the acetone factory for about one month too long.

My thoughts exactly for Gillbride, Haslett, and Trestman. None of those guys are wanted for HC jobs, and are coordinators at best. Even at that level, I'm not sure they'd do anything substantial with the weak roster here already.

jesus christ, can this team do anything right??

Mike Shanahann?? He isnt even in my top 5. Gilbride??? I would also burn all my non-SB era Bills stuff.

This should be the order of interest from managements perspective, whether they are interested or not, they should at least contact the following:

1.) Bill Cowher- Pipe dream i know, but we can dream cant we?

2.) Marty Schottenheimer- Would be a great pick to get us back to the playoffs in a hurry

3.) Jim Hasslet- Buffalo roots, firery coach and lord knows we need that

4.) Jon Gruden- the polar oppositte of DJ and I am all for that

5.) Jim Fassel- Very good tactical coach, probably would come on the cheap too, Ralph!

6.) Biran Billick- Never gonna happen, but id still take him over Shannahann

Not sure why Shanahan isn't above everyone side from Gruden and Cowher. Why isn't Holmgren on your list?

Not sure why Shanahan isn't above everyone side from Gruden and Cowher. Why isn't Holmgren on your list?

Because I think Holmgrem is even more of a long shot then anyone else on the list, so I didnt even bother. Some strange part of me thinks Cowher would come (maybe its more hope then anything) if given the right circumstances. I just don't envision Holmgrem coming at all. And I would absolutely take Schotenheimer over Shanny. Haslett and Fassel I just think would come to Buffalo fairly easy. To be honest I am surprised Shanny has shown even the slightest interest in Buffalo. Essentially the list I formulated is a mix of coaches I think would actually come and coaches who I would prefer. If that makes any sense.

Realistic:

1.) Schottenheimer

2.) Shanny

3.) Haslett

4.) Fassel

5.) Cowher

6.) Gruden

7.) Billick

8.) Dungy

My Wish List:

1.) Cowher

2.) Dungy