The Compelling Case for Mike Leach as Head Coach

The Senator

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can call Trestman "some coach from the CFL" all they want, but all the guy does is win. In his first year ever being in the CFL he took his team to a Grey Cup - do you have any idea how many NFL coaches have tried to come to the CFL and have failed miserably? Any coach who can come to a totally different game and make the adjustment and become a great coach in a year is a good coach in my books. If he can do that in the CFL, he can do it anywhere.

That's why the Bills won't be the only team after him. The players love him, he's smart, has a great personality, and knows his football. I think he'll be a great NFL head coach.

Marv Levy was once just "some guy from the CFL" too.

You're a WEENO, WEO - all you have to do is re-read your copy of today's Boston Herald and you'll realize that the reporters who cover your favorite NFL team understand something that you can't seem to comprehend...

Link - Boston Herald: Texas Tech coach Mike Leach describes his first reaction to Wes Welker, the recruit…

Link - Boston Herald: Wes Welker full of surprises on way to Patriots

I just checked your link. I was tempted to stop reading after the laughable "who won like crazy at Texas Tech".... but I continued to this:

Then we get to this playoff games… When we first started watching, I thought it was a highlight tape. I’m not exaggerating, this is just the best of my recollection… He picks two balls and brings them back for touchdowns. He brought one or two (kicks) backs, had some long punt returns, had like 13 tackles, has 60 yards rushing, and had probably 220 yards receiving. Then, at the end, kicked like a 52-yard field goal to win it. That really happened. I saw it…”

On how fast Welker is: “A 4.8, that’s just what he runs now (in the 40-yard dash). Nobody wants to hear that because he runs past people, he out-runs people. All the people are chasing him wanting him to be (faster).”

On what makes Welker so good: “The thing is, he maneuvers better than the people chasing him. He comes out of his cuts better, he has better peripheral vision than the people chasing him, and he has more competitive than all of them. He has the ability to focus longer than all of them. I used to think focus was just concentrating real hard, but now I think it goes beyond that, I think it’s a talent. He’s really touched as far as his ability to do that.”

So there you have it---you've (again, unwittingly, somehow) disproven your own argument. Leach knows that Welker is pure talent. True, he recognized that talent, but he didn't "create" Wes Welker. He found him.

Nice try.

I think, since there is no real cogent argument to bring this phony to the NFL, this is all a big joke you have been telling for many months on this site.

The joke is getting old---as old as all of your other tired responses.

Move on.

Guest dog14787
I just checked your link. I was tempted to stop reading after the laughable "who won like crazy at Texas Tech".... but I continued to this:

Then we get to this playoff games… When we first started watching, I thought it was a highlight tape. I’m not exaggerating, this is just the best of my recollection… He picks two balls and brings them back for touchdowns. He brought one or two (kicks) backs, had some long punt returns, had like 13 tackles, has 60 yards rushing, and had probably 220 yards receiving. Then, at the end, kicked like a 52-yard field goal to win it. That really happened. I saw it…”

On how fast Welker is: “A 4.8, that’s just what he runs now (in the 40-yard dash). Nobody wants to hear that because he runs past people, he out-runs people. All the people are chasing him wanting him to be (faster).”

On what makes Welker so good: “The thing is, he maneuvers better than the people chasing him. He comes out of his cuts better, he has better peripheral vision than the people chasing him, and he has more competitive than all of them. He has the ability to focus longer than all of them. I used to think focus was just concentrating real hard, but now I think it goes beyond that, I think it’s a talent. He’s really touched as far as his ability to do that.”

So there you have it---you've (again, unwittingly, somehow) disproven your own argument. Leach knows that Welker is pure talent. True, he recognized that talent, but he didn't "create" Wes Welker. He found him.

Nice try.

I think, since there is no real cogent argument to bring this phony to the NFL, this is all a big joke you have been telling for many months on this site.

The joke is getting old---as old as all of your other tired responses.

Move on.

Some folks around here might say the same about our posts WEO.

Personally, I like Mike Leach allot and would be thrilled to get him into Buffalo.

• 1 month later...
In retrospect, starting this thread looks real good.

Truer words were never spoken, 'aggie - over the last two months, OBD/Russ Brandon was tossing out one big-name head coach after another as the possible Jauron replacement - Shanahan, Cowher, Holgrem, etc., etc. - in an obvious marketing ploy to get Bills fans and season ticket holders more excited than Roman Polanski at a Chuck E. Cheese.

Then, as abruptly as inexplicably, the search is suddenly 'on hold' - just hours after learning of the potential availability of one...

Mike Leach

Truer words were never spoken, 'aggie - over the last two months, OBD/Russ Brandon was tossing out one big-name head coach after another as the possible Jauron replacement - Shanahan, Cowher, Holgrem, etc., etc. - in an obvious marketing ploy to get Bills fans and season ticket holders more excited than Roman Polanski at a Chuck E. Cheese.

Then, as abruptly as inexplicably, the search is suddenly 'on hold' - just hours after learning of the potential availability of one...

Mike Leach

Why do I get the feeling the Bills have pulled the shades, turned off the lights, unplugged the phone, and have told all the front desk people to take a message if Leach or his agent come calling.

Head coach position? What head coach position? No, we're good.

Why do I get the feeling the Bills have pulled the shades, turned off the lights, unplugged the phone, and have told all the front desk people to take a message if Leach or his agent come calling.

Head coach position? What head coach position? No, we're good.

Really? 'Cause I do know that Leach was in NYC during Heisman week and - supposedly - appeared very tired due to a couple of 'recruiting visits' he made in NYS that same week. It wasn't stated whether Leach was the 'recruiter', or the 'recruitee', but you - along with much of Bills Nation and the football world - might soon marvel at the Senator's prescience, much like buffaoaggie and aggies throughout the world are compelled to bow before...

haha...well he probably wasn't dealing with too much snow/rain in Texas :censored:

Anyway, he's an interesting possibility. I don't think it would ever happen though.

Leach DOES deal with snow/rain in Lubbock. It is more than

one would think......but it still is NOT ""lake effects"" either.

Really? 'Cause I do know that Leach was in NYC during Heisman week and - supposedly - appeared very tired due to a couple of 'recruiting visits' he made in NYS that same week. It wasn't stated whether Leach was the 'recruiter', or the 'recruitee', but you - along with much of Bills Nation and the football world - might soon marvel at the Senator's prescience, much like buffaoaggie and aggies throughout the world are compelled to bow before...

Well played, Senator.

Mike Leach

I think Leach would be a terrific choice for the Bills. Amazing what the guy has done in a conference completely stacked against him.