Theory on why Jauron was fired this week

fairfaxbill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The timing of Jauron's firing is curious. If he wasn't going to be fired before the bye week, why do it now before a road game?

One theory I'm thinking about is Ralph Wilson wants desperately for Trent Edwards to be his QB this year and next year. Jauron's contemplation of inserting Fitzpatrick as a starter blows that strategy.

I want the Bills to take a young QB at the top of the draft, but I'm realizing there is no way that happens. Ralph won't pay $60 million for a Rookie QB. Ralph will wait for a Rookie salary cap in 2011 or 2012. Would not be surprised if Ralph completely trades out of the top of the draft this year after getting burned by Maybin's $25 million deal.

I'm guessing Edwards starts the rest of the season now that Jauron is gone. We will be trading that top 10 draft pick as well.

If the Kilgore article is true that Brandon is looking for a real football guy....then all bets are off in that area.

We could very well see a QB with that first pick

Why is the base assumption that ralph will not pay and this is the root of all evil. Look at Snyder throwing money around does not equal good team either.

The issue isn't always how much you spend as it is what you spend it on. Whether the front office people such as Guy or Modrak were paid a lot or a little is not the point. The simple point is that they didn't do a very good job. The same point applys to the former HC and some of his staff. Dick Jauron is a decent person but as a HC he had a poor record before he first signed with the Bills. Signing him in the first place was a mistake; and then giving him an extension was a bigger and compounding mistake.

The owner and the decision makers at OBD have made a lot of poor decisions. It is going to take a lot of time to overcome those lingering mistakes. Getting a quality GM who knows how to run a football operation is the first step in the right direction. Let's hope the fading owner has the fortitude and the wisdom to let someone who is competent run the football side of his business.

The answer to that is so easy, because Ralph Wilson and the Bills might be the most clueless organization in the NFL It would only make sense to a 9 year old kid to fire him a week earlier if you were going to, so the team could have two whole weeks over the bye to attempt to get things in order with a new HC. It shouldn't surprise anyone when this team does retarded stuff like this, it is common place around here.

True, actually the bills tried to trade up to get him. Big Ben would have been a big bust with the coaching here however.

Bingo. Which is why Trent hasn't had a fair shot during his entire tenure here. Trent could be a lot like a Joe Flacco if he had a good team around him. TE gets way too much blame for the Bills' failures. That's what happens with uneducated football fans. Let me tell you this...

#1) The success of a football team relies on Offensive and Defensive Line first

#2) It relies on the defense as a whole second

Trent Edwards is not a great QB, I will not argue he is. I must argue that the coaching, and people around him have given him an unfair shot at being a good QB.

My friend's theory is that Ralph and Bud Adams made a bet on Sudays game...$1. Losing that buck is what pushed Ralph over the edge.

PTR

Hah, a mortimer and randolph duke reference. Where the very unqualified black guy gets the overpriviliged white mans job :rolleyes:

I would think the embarrassing loss to Tenn influenced his decision.. hell, that old hermit bud adams flipping him off got him going, eh?

Yuppers.

Now, when Vince Young is let go...Ralph will scoop him up, Vince will win him a Super Bowl...

...and the next time Ralphie sees good ol' Buddy boy Adams... :rolleyes:

More likely that Ralph was just tired of looking like he got punked and this move puts a big "Help Wanted" sign in the window so he can start making some changes and washing some of the stink off.

After the Dick Levy era, this team is off the radar completely. Getting blown out by a Tennessee team that was annihilated by the Patriots a few weeks back probably wasn't a good enough "moral victory" to continue the comical con job either.

My friend's theory is that Ralph and Bud Adams made a bet on Sudays game...$1. Losing that buck is what pushed Ralph over the edge.

PTR

Or "Whoever loses has to fire their head coach this week." Adams was actually flipping off Jauron, as thought to say "Hah hah...I know something you don't know!"

disagre on that. DJ was killing him. A new coach may be able to bring something out

Doubt it. A new coach in new surroundings, maybe...but Edwards has been in Buffalo long enough to know that, no matter how he performs, his job status can change in an instant in this unstable franchise. Which is not an environment conducive to good job performance.

TE reminds me of Rob Johnson.

With his demeanor, attitude, and comments recently, it seems like he has morphed into Rob Johnson. A soft Cali boy who doesn't consider being a starting quarterback to be the number 1 priority in his life. Too bad. When he first replaced Losman, I believed that he could be the franchise QB. Now, I don't even need to see any more from him. Career backup at best.

With his demeanor, attitude, and comments recently, it seems like he has morphed into Rob Johnson. A soft Cali boy who doesn't consider being a starting quarterback to be the number 1 priority in his life. Too bad. When he first replaced Losman, I believed that he could be the franchise QB. Now, I don't even need to see any more from him. Career backup at best.

I still think Jauron molded Edwards into his own image.

The timing of Jauron's firing is curious. If he wasn't going to be fired before the bye week, why do it now before a road game?

One theory I'm thinking about is Ralph Wilson wants desperately for Trent Edwards to be his QB this year and next year. Jauron's contemplation of inserting Fitzpatrick as a starter blows that strategy.

I want the Bills to take a young QB at the top of the draft, but I'm realizing there is no way that happens. Ralph won't pay $60 million for a Rookie QB. Ralph will wait for a Rookie salary cap in 2011 or 2012. Would not be surprised if Ralph completely trades out of the top of the draft this year after getting burned by Maybin's $25 million deal.

I'm guessing Edwards starts the rest of the season now that Jauron is gone. We will be trading that top 10 draft pick as well.

Actually not a terrible idea given the front office's inability to utilize top picks. They do much better at the end of the first round (Wood) and in later rounds (Byrd). A good QB can be had in round 2 or 3, and a solid lineman/LB later in Round one. I'd trade down in the first to gain 2 second round picks.