I think TO has met his match in Trent

zow2

I've heard it before and there was a line in the Rochester D&C questioning Trent Edwards' lack of passion for the game of football. That's a significant criticism of him. TO spouted off yesterday a bit....sort of a tremor before the major earthquake. Trent just brushed it off...he doesn't care. He doesn't NEED football. He has visions of being something greater or contributing more to society than pro football stats. I don't think anything TO says is going to rattle Edwards. That's not good or bad....just the way it is.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect TE has come to the realization that he is not a starting NFL QB. As one of the ESPN wide-receiver-turned-analyst said yesterday, TE is still making decisions and throws like he is in his first 9 games in the NFL. As has been stated before, TE is not a stupid person. I'm sure he sees this as well every time he looks at game film. That would tend to take the passion out of anyone.

I'd be considering other options too, if I was coming off 2 concussions and my coach called a QB sneak.

yet another bonehead call

You need 2 yards...OK, at least 1.5 and you call a sneak with a trentative QB coming off a concussion? What a freakin joke.

I'd be considering other options too, if I was coming off 2 concussions and my coach called a QB sneak.

Hopefully no one on this team feels secure about their positions right now minus Evans, Stroud, Jackson, McGee, and Byrd.

The sad thing is, from the start of the game and from that first drive, Trent looked as I had hoped: basically that the second concussion set him straight. He looked more poised, more decisive, and we converted 3rd downs for probably the 2nd time this season.

What happened after that 1st drive? Did the Titans adjust? The offense sputtered from that point on.

I believe that Trent has the tools. But is he another California QB, more content to take it easy than play with any emotion like Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and Todd Marinovich?

Trent was progressing last season, when the Bills were 4-0 and prior to the concussion.

I still believe that Trent can perform- on the right club. I would like to see what he could do under 1 offensive coordinator for a few seasons, with a better offensive line, and overall team.

The Bills need organizational shake-up. Starting at the top. A real GM needs to come in, and a no-nonsense football coach. If the team is a reflection of the coach, then perhaps Edwards laissez-faire attitude is a reflection of Jauron and the directionless front office. I'd like to see Edwards perform in a real West Coast-style offense like a Mike Holmgren would run, or a smash-mouth, high precision attack like Schottenheimer would bring.

You need 2 yards...OK, at least 1.5 and you call a sneak with a trentative QB coming off a concussion? What a freakin joke.

And with a questionable o-line, and with Lynch and Jackson at the ready. Wouldn't be a bad time for a Flutie-like bootleg, either. Is there some NFL by-law that says the Bills QB cannot roll out?

WTF is wrong with this coaching staff? I mean, is it even humanly possible to be less imaginative or more stupid?

I was watching Brady and Manning last night and even Palmer/Roethlisberger earlier in the day. I could not help but think a QB like Trent would be the perfect backup behind established 1st stringers. If he had to come in because of injury, Trent could manage the game, hit some checkdowns and just try not to screw up. He's not really shown me he is a starter. Every time a crucial drive comes up in crunch time (4th Qtr) he fails. It started in NE opening day this year and has not gotten better. When the other team adjusts, he cannot overcome it.

Actually they did that the last time he came back from his concussion. Same result. Criminally stupid.

I am by no means a DJ supporter, but I think ALex ( who by the way looks like a short order cook frying wings in a buffalo resteraunt on the sidelines with that dingy T-Shirt and unshaven look, Could it be that he has no talent either and is over matched for the NFL. I mean Josh McDaniels shaves and wears a hoodie but looks th epart this guy...well I want 12 with Hot sauce buddy!) Van Pelt who has made the calls. He is clearly thinking at the moment and not as a coordinator should down the road. Didn't he admit to not being prepared after the Browns game? Um, anyone recall a QB named Hobart? Were a Joke because we support this team!

Qut buying Tickets and well, let them leave! That is my choice!

Hopefully no one on this team feels secure about their positions right now minus Evans, Stroud, Jackson, McGee, and Byrd.

Has Stroud really been that good..?? I don't ask trying to be a wise-ass; I haven't been able to watch the past four games, only follow them online so I haven't seen him actually play lately. BUT, I figure with him anchoring the league's worst run defense, how effective has he really been??

The sad thing is, from the start of the game and from that first drive, Trent looked as I had hoped: basically that the second concussion set him straight. He looked more poised, more decisive, and we converted 3rd downs for probably the 2nd time this season.

What happened after that 1st drive? Did the Titans adjust? The offense sputtered from that point on.

Trent happened.

I believe that Trent has the tools. But is he another California QB, more content to take it easy than play with any emotion like Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and Todd Marinovich?

Are you kidding me? If Edwards played with half the emotion Losman had, Edwards might still have a chance.

Losman called out the coaching staff. TWICE.

What has Edwards done? Oh yeah, claimed Jauron was the "bestest" head coach he has ever head in the NFL.

Trent was progressing last season, when the Bills were 4-0 and prior to the concussion.

I still believe that Trent can perform- on the right club. I would like to see what he could do under 1 offensive coordinator for a few seasons, with a better offensive line, and overall team.

As what, a back up?

Turk was chosen to replace Fairchild so a whole new offense would not have to be learned.

AVP took over for Turk and changed nothing.

In short, Trent is basically playing within the same offense for the past 3 years.

Trent does not need a another coordinator, he needs a psychologist.

He's afraid to take chances.

The Bills need organizational shake-up. Starting at the top. A real GM needs to come in, and a no-nonsense football coach. If the team is a reflection of the coach, then perhaps Edwards laissez-faire attitude is a reflection of Jauron and the directionless front office. I'd like to see Edwards perform in a real West Coast-style offense like a Mike Holmgren would run, or a smash-mouth, high precision attack like Schottenheimer would bring.

Give it up. Edwards blows. It will not matter what offensive system he plays under. Until he can abandon his "comfort" zones on a consistent basis, he's back up material.

Guest dog14787
Trent happened.

Are you kidding me? If Edwards played with half the emotion Losman had, Edwards might still have a chance.

What has Edwards done? Oh yeah, claimed Jauron was the "bestest" head coach he has ever head in the NFL.

As what, a back up?

Turk was chosen to replace Fairchild so a whole new offense would not have to be learned.

In short, Trent is basically playing within the same offense for the past 3 years.

Give it up. Edwards blows. It will not matter what offensive system he plays under. Until he can abandon his "comfort" zones on a consistent basis, he's back up material.

I like Trent Edwards and I still see potential, but I'm beginning to wish he played for another team just so some of you dimwits would shut the F%@#K UP!!!

Some of you guys wouldn't know a good thing if your life depended on it.

I will laugh my ass off though when a new regime comes in and much to all the Trent haters dismay, the new regime is perfectly happy with Trent Edwards and see the same potential I see and have always seen. Because they know if you put Edwards behind a decent line and give him a coach that knows what the hell he's doing, Trent Edwards will be just fine.

I've backed T.O. since he arrived in Buffalo, but after yesterday I am done. T.O.'s body language was horrible and I'll bet you the same balls T.O. refused to budge off of his pattern for, our safety Jairus Byrd would have caught .

T.O. sucks :(

Trent happened.

As what, a back up?

Whatever.

I believe that his performances have been horrible, no doubt.

But the Bills, as a whole, have been a collective f_ _ _ up since Smith, Reed, and Thomas left (i.e. the old guard). There is no plan, and hasn't been since John Butler was calling the shots as GM.

To counter your agruments, Cassel looked like the 2nd coming of Tom Brady behind the Pats line. Now in KC, he's not so hot. Clearly, who a player is surrounded with makes an impact as to the performances they will be able to put up.

The Bills blew up the line, and he is on his 3rd coordinator in 3 seasons. At risk of sounding like a Trent apologist (which I am not), I believe that the ability and mechanics that brought him to the attention of Bill Walsh are still present. Has he regressed? Absolutely. I don't know that he has ever recovered from the 1st concussion. Is he Captain Checkdown. Absolutely. Did his comments about not being a Bills fan, now taken in context with his lack of emotion in so many games this year, possibly indicate that he may be another Mike Williams-type of player; one who later comes out and publicly declares that he did not give it his all? Perhaps.

All that I am saying is that I have not given up on the potential that got him noticed and drafted. I would like to see him perform on a better team and in an actual NFL system of offense before I say he was a bust.

I wish it were with a better Bills team.

I suspect TE has come to the realization that he is not a starting NFL QB. As one of the ESPN wide-receiver-turned-analyst said yesterday, TE is still making decisions and throws like he is in his first 9 games in the NFL. As has been stated before, TE is not a stupid person. I'm sure he sees this as well every time he looks at game film. That would tend to take the passion out of anyone.

Trent could have been good. Look at any tape of his first year. He was accurate and decisive. Concussions and bad coaching turned him into what he is today. The Bills destroy talent.

PTR

You mean after Fred Jackson stopped throwing perfect TD strikes to Lee Evans?

Trent happened. Dakota-Fanning-loving Trent Edwards is what happened.

Aaron Rodgers and his ability to take a beating and play great in the cold weather of Lambeau takes exception to this statement.

Not all California QBs suck, just the ones our idiots draft.

I've backed T.O. since he arrived in Buffalo, but after yesterday I am done. T.O.'s body language was horrible and I'll bet you the same balls T.O. refused to budge off of his pattern for, our safety Jairus Byrd would have caught .

SO true, Trent does not always throw the perfect ball, but you'd like to see your WR sell out and/or dive for the occasional ball. TO does neither. Fitzpatrick must be pissed today b/c his pick 6 went right thru TO's hands.

Anyway, back to Trent, he is a backup. period.

I like Trent Edwards and I still see potential, but I'm beginning to wish he played for another team just so some of you dimwits would shut the F%@#K UP!!!

I will laugh my ass off though when a new regime comes in and much to all the Trent haters dismay, the new regime is perfectly happy with Trent Edwards and see the same potential I see and have always seen. Because they know if you put Edwards behind a decent line and give him a coach that knows what the hell he's doing, Trent Edwards will be just fine.

Trent will play next year, only because the new coaching staff will want to groom our new 1st round QB and not throw him to the wolves. Trent will then happily check us down to another losing record but we will have optimism and hope because our new coaching staff has us in the right direction...with Trent as a back-up QB.

Sorry Dog, Trent doesn't have "it". He lacks emotion, he's easily rattled when he throws an interception and even his team (starting with the defence and now moving to his receivers) are starting to quit on him. Josh Reed quit on him yesterday and yelled at Jauron about Trent missing the obvious on reads. JOSH REED. Trent's outlet for the past three seasons had enough of Trent's sh!tty play.

He's done. Damaged goods. Your statement about how a new regime will fix him is the same thing all the Losman-iacs said when the rest of us knew he was done too.

I'd be willing to bet a case of beer that Trent only starts when other QBs get hurt and he'll never be a successful starter in the NFL. That kid with moxie who played with poise is gone. Jauron sucked the skill right out of him and made him a modern day Ryan Leaf.

Ah, I see. Since you cannot refute the argument, insult the poster.

Got it.

Aren't you the same poster that tried to claim Edwards was/would be better than Kelly?

While you continue to think of new insults for me, I will leave you with some more info tidbits:

Good/great players inspire those around them to play even better.

During the preseason, it was revealed not a single Bills player would not unequivocally say Trent Edwards was the leader on the team.

During the preseason, it was also revealed both Lee Evans and TO were constantly telling "Trentative" to throw the ball down field.

Now, feel free to B word about TO's body language all you want. But I do not think TO is the problem there. In fact, I think it speaks volumes of his opinion of this offense, and more importantly, of "his" QB. Hell, even Donte called out the offense.

It's beginning to look like the players have given up on Mr. Edwards.

But feel free to support that sinking ship.