Official BUF@TEN game thread

stuckincincy

I was always in the camp of letting Dick coach the rest of the season, but honestly, at this point, it couldn't hurt.

I was one of the many who felt that the moment Dick wasn't fired at the end of last year, '09 was going to be a lost and wasted year.

I'm all for Dick being fired (at any time). But it honestly doesn't make a difference if you do it now or at the end of the year. Either way, this team is at most a 5 win team this season.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone on here is flipping out saying that a coach needs to have confidence in his team to stop them on third and long. Jauron is without a doubt a terrible coach, but you coach to the situation, and he made the right move on that call.

Think back to Losman against the Jets last year. There is a perfect example of a coach having confidence in his QB to put the game away....and how did that work out?? Ohh yea...everyone was calling for Jauron's head, saying that he was an idiot for not playing it safe. It was a stupid call because he shouldn't have had confidence in JP to make that play. The same situation as today, he had no reason to have confidence in our D on another 3rd and long, and he made the right call.

So far off it isn't even funny! Not nearly the same thing!

FACT IS that you decline the penalty there they have a FG chance without earning it. You accept the penalty they are forced to run a play and you have a CHANCE to stop them from getting the points. Sure, they have had trouble stopping them, but you are supposed to have an NFL defense that can make plays at some point.

Basically you gave them 3 points without forcing them to earn it! DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!

If it wasn't evident before it has to be now. This team is terrible. Edwards and Fitzpatrick have no future as anything more than backups. Nobody on this team should be untouchable for next year. The talent here is grossly subpar. There are no keepers. it is difficult to cut, waive, trade, release an entire team but it should happen with the Bills. However, unless the FO is redone as well there is no hope of making the playoffs for the foreseeable future. The FO is responsible for the current crop of coaches and players. What makes anyone think they can handle rebuilding this poor team

Exactly. Jauron isn't a terrible coach because he knows his defense can't stop anyone. He is a terrible coach because his defense can't stop anyone.

I am not a DJ hater, but good point regarding the decision to go to this defense and the personnel moves filling in the players on defense.

I love how everyone on here is flipping out saying that a coach needs to have confidence in his team to stop them on third and long. Jauron is without a doubt a terrible coach, but you coach to the situation, and he made the right move on that call.

Think back to Losman against the Jets last year. There is a perfect example of a coach having confidence in his QB to put the game away....and how did that work out?? Ohh yea...everyone was calling for Jauron's head, saying that he was an idiot for not playing it safe. It was a stupid call because he shouldn't have had confidence in JP to make that play. The same situation as today, he had no reason to have confidence in our D on another 3rd and long, and he made the right call.

You don't get it. Regardless of the level of confidence you have in the Bills defense, you have to have confidence that Bironas is going to make that kick. It's within his range, the weather is perfect, and he's made clutch kicks like this before.

So you have to figure that he makes the kick, which puts your team down by 10 late in the fourth, effectively ending the game.

So if you want to win the game, you don't let Bironas kick without a fight, which means you take the penalty and hope that the defense can come up with a big play.

and that is the problem with this team..Even the coach has no trust in his defense...You are probably right...they do pick

it up...what message does it send though?

Oh it's a terrible message, and DJ is a terrible coach. But I do give hime a tiny bit of credit for abandoning his "coaching 101" manual and being a realist there. For most teams, it's a no brainer-take the 10 yard penalty. Our below average LB's influenced his thinking there, another crack at a first for TEN and the Bills O might not see the ball again this game. JF was definitely going to take the FG attempt, so at least another possession was a certainty.

The world isn't black and white, you have your opinion, and I have mine. I can see where people are coming from by thinking it was a bad call, and it can really be argued both ways.

The point your missing is that it was a call symptomatic of the Jauron era. Aka: ball-less.

While you're right that it isn't a black and white issue on it's own, but when you look at the man making the call it's a HORRIBLE decision but typical. He plays not to lose rather than to win. Not giving your defense a chance to make a stop on 3rd and 16 and keep it a one possession game is playing NOT to lose.

Hence, it was the wrong call.