Bryan Scott at Linebacker

How sad is it that Bryan Scott is taking first team reps at linebacker?

Does anyone have news on this? Why do the Bills refuse to let young players learn on the job, personally I would like to see what Nic Harris can do.

Or and I know they will not do it but see if Maybin can play linebacker. At this point what do they have to lose by playing young players?

Does anyone have news on this? Why do the Bills refuse to let young players learn on the job, personally I would like to see what Nic Harris can do.

Or and I know they will not do it but see if Maybin can play linebacker. At this point what do they have to lose by playing young players?

Hey now if WGR can talk about things other than sports why does Bryan Scott have to limit himself to just Safety?

LOL

just kidding.

Converting Bryan Scott to LB may seem completely stupid to any informed fan. But when you play 'dick ball' it makes perfect sense. Now the rationale for drafting all those DB's is clear.

So what would you do?

Scott 6-1 219

Harris 6-2 232

Maybin 6-4 250

What's the over/under on how many plays it will be before Scott gets injured from having to constantly take on blocks from 300+ lb offensive lineman?

Jauron is officially the very worst coach I have ever seen. He makes Herm Edwards and Rich Kotite look better than Lombardi.

Btw thanks Marv, for bestowing this loser upon us.

I believe you are correct. Even worse than the non-descript set of coaches from the mid-80's 2-14, 4-12 era.

The real comedy of this is the Bills acted with such urgency to sign Dick to an extension last year. After all, he is such a hot item in the coaching profession that I'm sure there must have been a dozen other teams waiting to sign him if the Bills failed to come forward with an extension! Like Henny Youngman used to say 'take my coach, please'!!

What's the over/under on how many plays it will be before Scott gets injured from having to constantly take on blocks from 300+ lb offensive lineman?

3 quarters.

The rash of injuries that the Bills and Colts suffer on defense is all a product of this innane obsession to get smaller, quicker players for the "Tampa-2" scheme.

With how bad our run defense is, we need guys who can take proper angles, and make open field tackles. Scott is one of those guys.

Scott at LB is a microcosm of what's wrong with this team. Desperate moves like changing a SS into a LB and back show this team hasn't rebuilt sh!* since Levy/Jauron came in almost four years ago. The roster is made up of so many NFL journeymen who wouldn't suit up for playoff teams. The Leon Joe's of 07 have been replaced with the Marcus Buggs' of 09.

I have no doubt most injuries occur because smaller (and supposedly faster) players are being beat up at or near the LOS. Scott, Whitner, Ellison, Buggs, Palmer, et al are sub 225 pound guys get ripped up trying to get their noses in with the bigger OL and TE's.

Am I the only one that thinks that this may actually be a good idea THIS week, as the Bills take on the Chris Johnson and need the extra speed to keep him from getting outside?

It's best to just let them hurl the same un-critical gripes they've been circulating the last 14 months.

the reason is simple. They don't trust rookies because they give up big plays. We're a "bend but don't break team" - and that's really the only reason we've even been competitive in these games since we can't score. A rookie takes one false step on a Chris Johnson run and its 6 points for the Titans. And we have no offense to counter.

Dude.... Maybin is lost at DE. He can't play LB. And even if he could, he'd have to play in a 3-4.

How bout we make him a center.... or left tackle. How about Tight end?

The Bills defensive ends aren't exactly the elit of the NFL. Their jobs could be taken very easily. They aint gonna start on a lot of NFL teams. If Maybin can't start, or even contribute, at DE on this team, he can't play in the NFL.

It's best to just let them hurl the same un-critical gripes they've been circulating the last 10 years.

Fixed that for you. Or we could leave it the same for those fans who ignore rather than remember how going a decade without the playoffs is reality in Billsland.

The roster is not better, perhaps worse, than the one Levy/Jauron inherited in early 2006. This one might be younger, but it's not going to the playoffs either.

With how bad our run defense is, we need guys who can take proper angles, and make open field tackles. Scott is one of those guys.

His 220 lb. gives him the ability to stop a lineman in his tracks, toss him aside, and get that early, deadly angle for a sure tackle on any RB.

He'll fit right in with the current Bills' LB philosophy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CAs3q7G48

Scott at LB is a microcosm of what's wrong with this team. Desperate moves like changing a SS into a LB and back show this team hasn't rebuilt sh!* since Levy/Jauron came in almost four years ago. The roster is made up of so many NFL journeymen who wouldn't suit up for playoff teams. The Leon Joe's of 07 have been replaced with the Marcus Buggs' of 09.

I have no doubt most injuries occur because smaller (and supposedly faster) players are being beat up at or near the LOS. Scott, Whitner, Ellison, Buggs, Palmer, et al are sub 225 pound guys get ripped up trying to get their noses in with the bigger OL and TE's.

I hear what you are saying... but there's no need to pick on Leon Joe, he never got a chance. :lol:

Fixed that for you. Or we could leave it the same for those fans who ignore rather than remember how going a decade without the playoffs is reality in Billsland.

The roster is not better, perhaps worse, than the one Levy/Jauron inherited in early 2006. This one might be younger, but it's not going to the playoffs either.

don't mind him, he gets his perspective on football through SouthPark