Nasty women's soccer player at New Mexico

Beerball

What exactly is a tackle in soccer? I go to my niece's games and they talk about tackles, and I don't know what they're talking about.

a tackle in soccer is where you slide to dispossess the ball from the offensive player. An ideal tackle is clean to the point where you get the ball first while making minimal contact with the player. However, many tackles end up with contact. It could be considered a foul if you make contact first. You could end up being carded if you raise your foot off the ground in the process of tackling, and could easily get red carded by tackling with two raised feet.

a tackle in soccer is where you slide to dispossess the ball from the offensive player. An ideal tackle is clean to the point where you get the ball first while making minimal contact with the player. However, many tackles end up with contact. It could be considered a foul if you make contact first. You could end up being carded if you raise your foot off the ground in the process of tackling, and could easily get red carded by tackling with two raised feet.

Yes, that is a "slide tackle". A tackle in soccer is really any play where the defender tries to take the ball from the ball carrier.

examples: Block tackle

The block tackle is the most basic way of depleting an opponent of the ball. It is designed to give you possession while keeping you on your feet. Plant your supporting foot firmly so that you don't lose balance. Then, just as your opponent contacts the ball, you must put your free foot perpendicularly to the direction in which he is moving. If executed properly, this will cause your enemy to stumble or cough up the ball.

Poke tackle

With poke tackling, you basically stab the ball away from your opponent. You must use the foot which is closer to the ball. This method does not guarantee that you will gain possession of the ball.

Slide tackle

Although spectacular, slide tackling should not be used unless in desperation or when you're away from your own goal. It can also be very effective against opponents dribbling down the sideline or shielding the ball.

Suspended

Funny what the officials let the women get away with. In a mens game, the red card would have come out right away.

"I'm not sure if I'd say this is what I'd call a "quality student-athlete", but I will say this: If she needs someone to practice with while she's suspended, I'm available. Giggity.

:w00t::thumbsup::wallbash:

Suspended

Funny what the officials let the women get away with. In a mens game, the red card would have come out right away.

In a mens match, this starts a fist fight or gets somebody carried off the field. Thats why they would pull the card out so quick. All in all, she should be suspended but next time she punches someone in the back shes done.

insert blackeye emoticon

The officiating failed miserably here. She needed to be redcarded a couple times over. This has happened with the guys as well over the years (except maybe the hairpulling) and they catch **** for it. Soccer is not a wimp's sport by any means, and more incidents like this will help reinforce this in american culture.

For referrees to miss this is inexcusable. They should be barred from reffing another soccer game and go back to reffing Globetrotter games. This video is an embarressment to New Mexico and the WAC.

PTR

For referrees to miss this is inexcusable. They should be barred from reffing another soccer game and go back to reffing Globetrotter games. This video is an embarressment to New Mexico and the WAC.

PTR

exactly. Where were the refs? She should of been tossed 10 times. Shame on New Mexico, the refs, and that !@#$

I don't have a problem with that one - the other girl elbowed her first. The "yank down by the ponytail" could have seriously hurt that girl.

Yah little jabs here and there are part of the game. The rest of that crap has no place in real soccer.

I don't have a problem with that one - the other girl elbowed her first. The "yank down by the ponytail" could have seriously hurt that girl.

That elbow was nothing serious - establishing the player's right to the space, just like in any other sport. The punch in retaliation was uncalled for, but again, not serious.

That "yank down by the hair"...I'm amazed she wasn't red-carded. The officials at that game should be suspended for letting that go on.

This was a topic among parents/coaches at my daughters end of season soccer party.

Any blame to to the NM coaches for not yanking her out of the game? I suppose they could have missed some of that, but not all. Does the HC deserve blame for leaving her on the field?

This was a topic among parents/coaches at my daughters end of season soccer party.

Any blame to to the NM coaches for not yanking her out of the game? I suppose they could have missed some of that, but not all. Does the HC deserve blame for leaving her on the field?

I think the player should be spanked

I volunteer <_<

I don't know who officiated more ineptly...The soccer referees in this match or the MLB clowns

who made so many errors in the recent MLB playoffs.

The coach HAD to see what she was doing on the field. For the coach to miss the player's actions

is unexcusable.

• 2 weeks later...

Player interview

She is seeing a clinical psychologist on campus to better understand what caused the hair-pulling incident. It is one of several steps she is taking, along with speaking to youth players about acceptable behavior, so she can seek reinstatement to the team in the spring.

“I’m working on my mental game to never let that happen again,” Lambert said. “That’s unacceptable in any sport to get to that point where you feel it’s necessary that you have to retaliate in a dirty manner.”

Apparently some fan and opposition taunting pushed her 'over the edge' in the BYU game. If she does get reinstated she aint seen nothing yet. Fans & opposition will be all over her and refs will watch her closely.