If your Jauron

3-5 at the bye week. The starting QB coming back from another concussion. The team riddled with various injuries again this season.

The offense is 28th overall, 27th in passing and 18th rushing.Trent Edwards is the 26th rated QB, Fitz not even in the top 30.

The defense is 25th overall, 11th against the pass and LAST in the NFL against the run at 32.

Don't let that 11th rated pass defense give you any giddy feelings about the pass rush or the secondary. The Bills have played 3 brain dead QB's and teams. The Browns only completed two passes all game and Sanchez threw 5 INT's.

The Jets OC brain farted in letting Sanchez even throw a pass when his two running backs had 300+ yards on the ground. For some inexplicable reason the Panthers OC did the same thing with Jake D, letting him throw when they have two great backs who could have done what Ryan Moats did this past Sunday.

Why would any team even try and throw when they can run all day, eat up the clock and the Bills can't stop it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 bright spots, the turnover ratio is currently at +3 and Byrd seems to be a one man wrecking crew

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how do the Bills fix things and get this team into the playoffs?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, seriously, there is one way. It's pretty drastic, but I guess we don't have much choice at this point.

If we can get Superman to make the earth spin backwards, we could go back in time a few years, lock Marv Levy in a rubber room, change some draft picks, and hire a different head coach and real GM.

Then, and only then, will we have a chance at the playoffs any time soon.

Scrap the play to not lose or keep it close strategy. Script a lot of the plays and include throwing medium to long at Lee and TO on some first and second downs. Introduce the play action, draw and screen plays. Bottom line, play aggressive and if we lose big, so be it, lets go down fighting instead of cowering.....

I suppose asking for a serious post from fans at this point is a waste of time. I was kinda hoping some out there still might want to voice an actual opinion, rather then just troll garbage.

Things like:

1st, I'd tell Bobby April to go all out and get the special teams unit ready for anything, on side kicks-fake punts- go all out to block punts by overloading one side of the line. Anything goes, make special teams exciting again.

2nd tell AVP to get the ball into TO's hand 10-15 times a game, play him in the slot, at tight end, reverses and fakes, end arounds. Just make him earn his 6+ mill this year.

3rd bring in Jon Runyan OT, even if the guy doesn't play that much he will bring in some depth, experience and leadership to a very young inexperienced and oft injured O line.

4th, the Bills can't afford to let Trent Edwards get hit like he was in the first 8 games, Runyan should help with this. Also, why not run the same type of plays they ran against New England. Bubble screens, slants and quick passes to keep pressure off the QB.

5th, run the ball more often, use the wildcat and have TO in the mix, run first with a lot of play action.

I suppose asking for a serious post from fans at this point is a waste of time. I was kinda hoping some out there still might want to voice an actual opinion, rather then just troll garbage.

Things like:

1st, I'd tell Bobby April to go all out and get the special teams unit ready for anything, on side kicks-fake punts- go all out to block punts by overloading one side of the line. Anything goes, make special teams exciting again.

2nd tell AVP to get the ball into TO's hand 10-15 times a game, play him in the slot, at tight end, reverses and fakes, end arounds. Just make him earn his 6+ mill this year.

3rd bring in Jon Runyan OT, even if the guy doesn't play that much he will bring in some depth, experience and leadership to a very young inexperienced and oft injured O line.

4th, the Bills can't afford to let Trent Edwards get hit like he was in the first 8 games, Runyan should help with this. Also, why not run the same type of plays they ran against New England. Bubble screens, slants and quick passes to keep pressure off the QB.

5th, run the ball more often, use the wildcat and have TO in the mix, run first with a lot of play action.

Seriously bro', this season is a wash. Our schedule in the first half doesn't get any easier in the 2nd. I see a total of 5-6 wins in our future. There has been too many injuries, coaching gaffes, and inconsistent play on offense to think otherwise. There is no way we can pull it together enough to get to .500 more or less snag a wildcard, especially in the AFC. We should be 5-3 right now, but we gave away the games versus the Pats and Browns. If that were the case, 5-3, I'd still be optimistic. The truth of the matter is we're 3-5 having to still go through our division again, the Colts, the Titans with VY starting, Chiefs, the Jags, and Atlanta. We might beat the Chiefs, the Jags, and maybe the Titans, but the Jags and the Titans have great RB's. My hope for victory in those games is not very high because of our run defense. All in all, I see us anywhere between 4-12 and 6-10 unless we can have a DRASTIC turnaround in all phases of the game. Do you honestly believe than Jauron can engineer such a thing? :cry: Not I my friend, not I.

3-5 at the bye week. The starting QB coming back from another concussion. The team riddled with various injuries again this season.

The offense is 28th overall, 27th in passing and 18th rushing.Trent Edwards is the 26th rated QB, Fitz not even in the top 30.

The defense is 25th overall, 11th against the pass and LAST in the NFL against the run at 32.

Where are the idiots before the season started that were saying this was going to be a top 10/5 defense?

Don't let that 11th rated pass defense give you any giddy feelings about the pass rush or the secondary. The Bills have played 3 brain dead QB's and teams. The Browns only completed two passes all game and Sanchez threw 5 INT's.

During the offseason, I argued drafting a pass rushing DE would be a waste of draft pick. My rational was pretty simple: a pass rushing DE is worthless when the opposing team only has to line up, and shove the ball down the Bills throat.

So what did the Bills do? They drafted a one year wonder who at present is a one dimensional situational pass rushing DE.

Good freaking job. It's not hard to have a better pass defense when the run defense is a POS.

The Jets OC brain farted in letting Sanchez even throw a pass when his two running backs had 300+ yards on the ground. For some inexplicable reason the Panthers OC did the same thing with Jake D, letting him throw when they have two great backs who could have done what Ryan Moats did this past Sunday.

Why would any team even try and throw when they can run all day, eat up the clock and the Bills can't stop it?

2 bright spots, the turnover ratio is currently at +3 and Byrd seems to be a one man wrecking crew

So how do the Bills fix things and get this team into the playoffs?