I hope we keep Jauron

Now, I've done some pretty heavy thinking and drinking on the issue over the last few nights, and I've come to the conclusion that we need Dick Jauron to stay.

Why?

One word: We need continuity.

Remember the 1st game of the year?

We (for all intensive purposes) beat the NE.

Then the season went downhill because the air got taken out of us. It's not Dicks fault that McKelvin sucks.

If we had won that game we would probably be leading our division, and headed to the playoffs.

If we get a new head coach we will have to start all over again.

And also, the players play hard for him. Some coaches don't even have that.

So in short, KEEP THE DICK!!!!

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. I could go into the many many reasons for not keeping DJ (8 plus years in the NFL and 1 fluky winning season and Detroit didn't even want the guy) but the fact that he has had 4 years to build a team and he can't even muster a .500 season (And he was handed a 5-1 start last year).

DJ doesn't develop enough players. Sure you can't point to a Byrd type but so many guys have been brought in here and have shown absolutely no progress (McCargo, Whitner, Losman, Edwards, Dockery, Hardy, ect) and in fact regressed under DJ.

DJ is a terrible coach and maybe the worst coach in the NFL. I don't doubt if we bring in a Russ Grimm or competent coordinator we will have a team that is better then this years team (I think there are 7-9 starters in place on D and 5-7 pieces on the offensive side of the ball better coaching and drafting will make this team a success) just from the coaching alone.

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. I could go into the many many reasons for not keeping DJ (8 plus years in the NFL and 1 fluky winning season and Detroit didn't even want the guy) but the fact that he has had 4 years to build a team and he can't even muster a .500 season (And he was handed a 5-1 start last year).

DJ doesn't develop enough players. Sure you can't point to a Byrd type but so many guys have been brought in here and have shown absolutely no progress (McCargo, Whitner, Losman, Edwards, Dockery, Hardy, ect) and in fact regressed under DJ.

DJ is a terrible coach and maybe the worst coach in the NFL. I don't doubt if we bring in a Russ Grimm or competent coordinator we will have a team that is better then this years team (I think there are 7-9 starters in place on D and 5-7 pieces on the offensive side of the ball better coaching and drafting will make this team a success) just from the coaching alone.

Has everything good about Buffalo turned into a fluke. You don't win 13 games through luck I mean honestly. Did you actually watch that 13-3 season. And this is not insanity. Were not doing the same thing every year. Look at all the changes from last year.

Now, I've done some pretty heavy thinking and drinking on the issue over the last few nights, and I've come to the conclusion that we need Dick Jauron to stay.

Why?

Then the season went downhill because the air got taken out of us. It's not Dicks fault that McKelvin sucks.

If we had won that game we would probably be leading our division, and headed to the playoffs.

Not what you've been drinking what have you been smoking

I agree, just add Mike Martz to run the offense.

No look at what Martz has done as a OC. He took the greatest show on turf to the Super Bowl and has done nothing since. The guy isn't the answer for this offense bringing in an offensive head coach who can handle an Offensive line is what we need. Even next year this line (Assuming Wood, Levitre, and Bell are back Bell is no guarantee though) is going to need good coaching in order to show progress and mold into a unit.

This offense has looked awful for years and I blame the fact that with the exception Mularky for 2 seasons we haven't had an offensive coach for well over a decade as part of the problem (Jauron, Williams, and Philips). Martz has shown that he just isn't the offensive mind he thought he was and what success he has had may just be more of a product of the talent that Rams team in 2001 had (Warner, Holt, Bruce, Faulk, and Pace, and Timmerman along the offensive line).

Has everything good about Buffalo turned into a fluke. You don't win 13 games through luck I mean honestly. Did you actually watch that 13-3 season. And this is not insanity. Were not doing the same thing every year. Look at all the changes from last year.

By fluke I didn't mean he lucked into it but that the Bears that year just had everything go right and got a few breaks. BUT even in that 13-3 season he still had a loosing record against winning teams if you include the playoff loss to the Eagles.

Look at all the changes? They haven't resulted in anything at all. this team is bad and coaching is one of the reasons for that. I mean where is the logic in hey this team is broken you know who could fix it the guy who broke it.

The Bills didn't fluke into 4 straight Super Bowl appearances they had excellent management in the form of Bill Polian so no not every good thing about Buffalo is a fluke when you have good management and good coaching you get good results 9 times out of 10.

By fluke I didn't mean he lucked into it but that the Bears that year just had everything go right and got a few breaks. BUT even in that 13-3 season he still had a loosing record against winning teams if you include the playoff loss to the Eagles.

Look at all the changes? They haven't resulted in anything at all. this team is bad and coaching is one of the reasons for that. I mean where is the logic in hey this team is broken you know who could fix it the guy who broke it.

The Bills didn't fluke into 4 straight Super Bowl appearances they had excellent management in the form of Bill Polian so no not every good thing about Buffalo is a fluke when you have good management and good coaching you get good results 9 times out of 10.

I didn't say they amounted to anything. I was responding more to the fact that you said they try the same thing over again. When I'm talking about the flukes this other guy yesterday was saying that the only good things about the Bills have been flukes. But the thing is, the reason this team is bad and has been bad is for two reasons. I can't even remember the last time they had a good O-line and a good QB. You can say that Jauron is the one who's supposed to build a good O-line and develop a good QB and you're right there but I think Marv was the one who messed us up there. We ended up cutting a lot of the players Marv signed and Edwards is the QB who was drafted by Marv. I still think Edwards has the potential to be a good starting QB but that won't happen until we get a good line and he gets his confidence back.

I'm strongly in favor of keeping Jauron past next year when his contract is up, we also need to hire Matt Millen as president and bring in Jeff George for a tryout at QB.

Any chance of getting Rob Johnson back so the quarterback has to earn their spot?

Are you seeing pink elephants? The Bills make me want to drink too but let's not get crazy.

"loose"?......WTF?..... :thumbsup:

That spell check is a wonderful thing, you should try it sometime.....

I dont understand in another thread you wanted Eric Magini as coach and now you want to keep DJ. Serious question: Do you want the Bills to loose because DJ and ManGenouis could not have a winning season unless getting touchdowns on offense would give you negative points? And they would still loose because they would try to get touchdowns and not understand why the other team is giving to them.

The reason I think we should keep Dick is so we don't have to go through another Coaching change the could mean another useless year of getting a new system.

I take it watching the same system fail for 4 years is not convincing enough to try something different.

Out of curiosity, how many more years of failure will you need before you become convinced the Dick sucks?

IMO at least if we manage to pick up two good O-Linemen and either develop TE with the rest of this year or get a good QB we'll be a winning team.

Typical Bills fan. Willing to accept "good enough".

Winning record. Yeesh.

Why?

i really hope this is sarcasm...if its not then its one of the most ridiculous posts Ive ever read

People who think just because you hire a new coach automatically means starting over havent been paying attention to the NFL the last couple years...look at Atlanta and Baltimore last year and Denver this year

one game does not make a season, blaming the Bills struggles on one play in the first game of the season is a joke

the only continuity that Jauron brings is that he sucks

I keep seeing this on Page 1 of the forum and keep thinking to myself, this guy is an IDIOT. There is nothing that can be heard out on this one. The poster is a tool, plain and simple. He must either be high, a Jets, Phins or Pats fan or has no clue what has been happening at the Ralph and other locals the past 3+ years.

The only way that Jauron should be kept in any form in this organization is to make him the official dunk tank clown at the Bills Experience prior to the games.

It's not fair for Football players to have hard, strenouous training camps.

They have been working all their lives to get to this point, and then they need to have a tough training camp?

Honestly, if I was the coach, I would make TC optional. Dick can't go that far, but I like his phillosophy. He's saving the players so that they can be healthy for the regular season.

Lifetime loser? What about 13-3? He is actually a Lifetime winner, who has been very unlucky with injuries and happenstance the last few years.

:lol: Yup.

I can't figure out why his teams are so unlucky regarding the injuries. I mean he likes to play small, inexperienced, "high motor" guys, particularly on the offensive line. It's hard to imagine how these types of players can get hurt or allow QBs to get hurt. Maybe if we get a new strength and conditioning coach...

They have been working all their lives to get to this point, and then they need to have a tough training camp?

Honestly, if I was the coach, I would make TC optional. Dick can't go that far, but I like his phillosophy. He's saving the players so that they can be healthy for the regular season.

I'm calling BS on this poster. There is no way this guy loves Dick this much unless he is a Butt Pirate.

Why?

Did you brains have any cells that lived?

Why?

Aren't you the guy who said you would take Eric Mangini as our next coach?

BTW, you're doing a bang-up Ralph Wilson impersonation. Continuity? LOL The only thing that continues is the losing...

Yeah OK. Reed is just stellar. I can't believe he's not in the pro bowl. I can't believe this team's offense still sucks so bad with a guy as talented as Josh Reed. When's the last time Reed did anything of any kind of game changing play? I mean really, here comes the "Oh he's nails on third downs" garbage, even though, all 31 other NFL teams have guys catching passes alot more often than us on third downs too. OK, well maybe not the Browns.

Josh Reed is so painfully average, it describes this team in nutshell. I have nothing against Reed. He's ok, and nothing more. Roscoe going to another team is much more scary to me than Josh Reed going to another team.

Again, if Roscoe sucks so bad, why hasn't he been released yet?

Because of his value as a 6th receiver and his ability as a punt catcher, like Chris Watson. If Reed is average, Parrish is well below average, just like this discussion

Why?

You must be his lover or something...LOL!

The dude has to go, the only continuity with him is 7-9 seasons. This year he'll be lucky to go 5-12.

Why are you doing this? Merely for your own amusement?

Lifetime loser? What about 13-3? He is actually a Lifetime winner, who has been very unlucky with injuries and happenstance the last few years.

You are right on the money- top ten reasons we should keep the Dick:

10- he already has a house in buffalo and by not selling his house he puts one less house on the market providing one less unit of supply thereby helping buoyancy

9- He did go 13-3 once, and he did it without much of a QB, lightning could strike twice

8- he provides a nice focal point for the fans blame

7- his sideline passion. (on Madden 2010, he gets fired up every time Trent throws a pick). Must be like that in real life

6- The offensive system, yeah they can't get in the end zone or put up 300 yds passing, but his play book is environmentally friendly (few pages) and it prevents the players from having to learn a whole new one, which would be hard.

5- At 7-9, or almost good every year we are always only one more win away from good or average.

4- He's so nice to the players that they wont mind being a Buffalo Bill even when the team continues to suck

3- If Ralphie did fire him the water boy would have to coach until his contract competed

2- It's hard to find an coach in the NFL who knows how hard it is win in the NFL

and the number on e reason TO keep DJ

1- his name is DICK

People always act like 7-9 is a horrible record.

Ok, I get it, it's not like the best record ever, but just imagine if we were the lions or the Browns.

7-9 is only several wins away from the playoffs, so that means he's real close. If not this year, then next.

Every year the chance of seeing the playoffs gets larger.

So, in short, keep the dick if you want to go to the playoffs next year.