4th round pick for Quinn

saundena

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I say keep the 4th and sign either Jeff Garcia or Chad Pennington. We desperately need a proven NFL caliber QB who has won playoff games instead of another project. We got 3 on our roster now. I'm tired of waiting for snot nose punk QBs to "develop". Let's get someone whose already developed on someone else's dime.

Jeff Garcia, draft some dt, ot, lb next year and then get a qb draft after that.

No, you draft your QB before you fill in the gaps. Fill in the gaps and your team gets decent and you never end up with a high enough draft choice to get a good QB.

The Colts didn't draft a great LT and then pick up the best QB still available the next year. They drafted Peyton Manning. When you have a high draft pick and there's a QB you believe in, you draft him. And then you fill in around him.

I like Quinn. Has a bit of an attitude and a Thurman Thomas type chip on his

shoulder (thought he should have been drafted earlier).

The Bills should do this? Which Bills? The DJ Bills? No way. DJ and crew can't even

get Owens the ball, how do you expect them to mold "raw talent" like Quinn into a

NFL QB? Now, if we get an actual NFL quality coach, I'd say why not, although no way

you get him for a 4th rounder.

I'm with you. A fourth-rounder doesn't get Quinn.

The question here is whether you pull the trigger when the Browns say it's a second-rounder or no trade. Because that's what they would say.

What QB has Gruden ever developed? He had veterans wherever he went. The funniest thing was when he thought he could do something with Rob Johnson and figured out there was nothing he could do after 1 season with RJ as a backup. Gruden doesn't develop QBs he just has a carrousel of QBs and it always stops at some guy in his mid-late 30s.

The reason Quinn was benched was he never threw the ball more than 2 yards. Where have I seen that before?

The reason Quinn was benched is due to an escalator clause in his contract where the Browns would be due to pay him another $11 million dollars in the remaining couple years of the deal if he took 70% or more of the snaps. Do you really believe they think Anderson is a better option? If so, have you actually seen DA play the last 2 years? Honestly, Quinn hasn't been given a fair shot in Cleveland by any stretch of the imagination. He's had what, 6 or 7 total starts on a bad football team? Do you really think they're going to pay a back-up QB (DA) $8 million to sit the bench. This whole situation is about money, nothing more. They started Quinn early to build interest to move him because they're on the hook with DA for $24 million and could've been on the hook for $11 mill more to Quinn so the benching came. All of you "lazy boy" talent evaluators don't really know squat about the guy. I watched him for 4 years at ND. Every game. And if I were a gambling man I'd bet that he'll be a success story when he finally gets out of lowly Cleveland. He has good arm strength, is accurate, and has been an on field leader who shows no fear since his Junior year at ND. Quinn for a 4th, if possible? I wouldn't even blink before I made the call.

You want the guy who can't cut it on the Browns as our next QB?

Who was the last guy we developed?

Kelly cut his teeth in the USFL. This franchise hasn't developed a QB since arguably Ferguson, though some consider his dev hindered rather than helped by this organization.

What has Quinn done in this league to show that he is a better option for us at this point than Trent. Trent is probably the best QB to come out of the '07 Draft class which I know isn't saying much. It doesn't really matter who the QB is unless we fix the O-line first. A scrambling QB would probably be the best option and I wouldn't mind Tebow in the 2nd round to compete with Trent next year.

Brady Quinn, Jeff Garcia?? Why does everyone want below average QB's around here? Don't we have enough of them already?

I'll take a below average NFL QB over these below average backup QB's we currently have. Gotta take it in baby steps, I do not think Buffalo could handle seeing a high caliber QB playing for the Bills yet.

For some people the hype never dies. Quinn was some hotshot Notre Dame kid who has done jack squat in the NFL, just like every Bills QB since Kelly. Yet some people still have stars in their eyes for Kiper's annointed ones. If you want to know how Quinn would look as a Bill, just watch his work in Cleveland, then add in our O-line which is even worse.

PTR

He's had less than a seasons worth of snaps playing for a browns team that like us can't develop squat, give him time to develop in a good system and i think he'd be a pretty good qb. That being said the Bills system could be worse than the browns and might not get any better in the future

I dont mind the Bills bringing in another qb, but there is NO WAY that the browns take a 4th for brady quinn. Especially since they traded up, back into the 1st rd to get him. Sounds like something the Bills would do. Trade up for a 1st rd pick and then move him 2 years later for a 4th. Just does nt make sense, right?

Exactly - though the Browns have been crazy enough to trade away K2 and Edwards so who knows? They are a franchise that is as dysfunctional as the Bills are.

The reason Quinn was benched is due to an escalator clause in his contract where the Browns would be due to pay him another $11 million dollars in the remaining couple years of the deal if he took 70% or more of the snaps. Do you really believe they think Anderson is a better option? If so, have you actually seen DA play the last 2 years? Honestly, Quinn hasn't been given a fair shot in Cleveland by any stretch of the imagination. He's had what, 6 or 7 total starts on a bad football team? Do you really think they're going to pay a back-up QB (DA) $8 million to sit the bench. This whole situation is about money, nothing more. They started Quinn early to build interest to move him because they're on the hook with DA for $24 million and could've been on the hook for $11 mill more to Quinn so the benching came. All of you "lazy boy" talent evaluators don't really know squat about the guy. I watched him for 4 years at ND. Every game. And if I were a gambling man I'd bet that he'll be a success story when he finally gets out of lowly Cleveland. He has good arm strength, is accurate, and has been an on field leader who shows no fear since his Junior year at ND. Quinn for a 4th, if possible? I wouldn't even blink before I made the call.

Ehh.. I understand the money situation, but if Quinn was truly viewed as the QB of the future he would be playing right now. In terms of organizational talent, the Browns may actually be behind the Bills, and if Quinn is on the bench that's not saying much.

I saw plenty of Quinn's games in person at ND as well and wasn't nearly as impressive as you are. He is inconsistent, his long ball needs work and he needs to develop pocket presence... we already have one of those on our roster.

No, you draft your QB before you fill in the gaps. Fill in the gaps and your team gets decent and you never end up with a high enough draft choice to get a good QB.

The Colts didn't draft a great LT and then pick up the best QB still available the next year. They drafted Peyton Manning. When you have a high draft pick and there's a QB you believe in, you draft him. And then you fill in around him.

Actually, they did exactly what you say they didn't. They took Tarik Glenn and Adam Meadows in 97, and then drafted Peyton Manning the next year, in 98. They had already taken Marvin Harrison in 96. They added Edgerrin James in 99 and their defensive bookends in 02 and 03. The trick for the Colts is that they don't take drafts off and find an upper echelon player or two in almost every draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

Quinn pretty much sucks. But put him in this upcoming draft class, grade him out and see his value. There is no QB in the 4th round nearly as good as Quinn. The value is there but dont expect him to be our savior QB - more like a solid backup.

PS - The Browns were reported to be looking for a 5th and 7th for Quinn I believe.

For some people the hype never dies. Quinn was some hotshot Notre Dame kid who has done jack squat in the NFL, just like every Bills QB since Kelly. Yet some people still have stars in their eyes for Kiper's annointed ones. If you want to know how Quinn would look as a Bill, just watch his work in Cleveland, then add in our O-line which is even worse.

PTR

That sounds just like McGahee.

I'd rather trade with Baltimore for Troy Smith.

So we all know that Trent is probably not the QB of the future. Maybe he stays in Buffalo as a backup or maybe he leaves- whatever. . . . What would you think about trading for Brady Quinn with a 4th round pick. The upside is that you know what you would be getting- A QB that has potential but certainy one that needs work. Now, lets also assume that Ralph fires Jauron and hires somone like Gruden (who can develop a QB). Maybe then could it be a good idea to consider a trade like this? I have to think that Quinn, Gruden and an Oline that has played together for a season would certainly be better than the offensive offense that we have now.

My fear is that we draft a QB who is either a 1st round bust or another 3rd disapointment like Edwards was. If we had smart people in our front office, then I would say draft a 1st rounder, but I don't think the Bills can risk spending millions on a bust.

What do you think. . . .

I don't even know what to say about the bolded comment, other than, been there done that...