Can we please stop demonizing Jauron

Dick Jauron is a nice guy who also happens to be a terrible football coach. He's the type of guy any of us would want as a neighbor but no one wants coaching our team. The guy is accepting the blame and taking a whipping every week. Not that he doesn't deserve some of it but it's really starting to go over the top.

Could we please lay off the personal attacks and just focus on how bad of a coach he is. Some moron in another thread thinks we should hire someone to have him killed! Really? Is that what the level of discourse on this board is coming to?

I realize he's leading the team nowhere but he's only one piece of a team of buffoons and underskilled players that are putting us through this. I'm as frustrated as anyone but when we devolve into wishing the guy was dead that's just a bit much.

Stay classy Bills fans.

Dick Jauron is a nice guy who also happens to be a terrible football coach. He's the type of guy any of us would want as a neighbor but no one wants coaching our team. The guy is accepting the blame and taking a whipping every week. Not that he doesn't deserve some of it but it's really starting to go over the top.

Could we please lay off the personal attacks and just focus on how bad of a coach he is. Some moron in another thread thinks we should hire someone to have him killed! Really? Is that what the level of discourse on this board is coming to?

I realize he's leading the team nowhere but he's only one piece of a team of buffoons and underskilled players that are putting us through this. I'm as frustrated as anyone but when we devolve into wishing the guy was dead that's just a bit much.

Stay classy Bills fans.

Mike I couldn't agree more on DJ as a personhowever we have seen alot of classless behavior from Bills fans. Painting a players lawn, signs on Mularkeys lawn etc. The players seem to like him as a person and maybe even as a coach however his game day abilities are clearly lacking. I didnt like the hire when it occurred, wanted him fired after 3 failed seasons vs getting contract extension and would love to see him fired before the next game. However nothing will change until the whole FO is cleaned up there is no one person to make the decision except for Ralph.

Ralph needs to bring in a real GM and basically clean house from top to bottom however in 50 years he has only done that twice once with Knox and again with Donahoue, Knox eventually left and TD made terrible decisions

Points well made ... at the end of the day football is just an entertainment product and not life or death.

Well, sometimes it is.

Yesterday I asked my wife "Why couldn't I have been born in Pittsburgh or even Denver?" Those are teams can be called entertaining & they win their fair share of games.

In Washington, some disgruntled fans are selling T-shirts with Dan Snyder depicted as the Devil. I don't think Bills fans have gone that far......yet.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/sports/102609_t...d_redskins_fans

Washington fans are morons. You can't fire and owner.

Is Ralph Wilson in the HOF because he is a great football guy or because he was a great football businessman? We'll unfortunately find out.. again. Time for him to step up to the plate and to fire Jauron, place Van Pelt back into a QB coaching roll and move forward to next season.

ok no demonizing...but the Eeyore Bills have scored 66 points in their last 6 games...

Chalkie,

I've got no problem with people pointing out what a horrific head coach Jauron has turned into. His game management is amazingly bad for a guy with his education and experience. His decision making has been atrocious at times, horrific at others.

It just disturbs me when people start threatening him or attacking him personally. By every measure imaginable he's a good man, he's just a BAD coach.

Stay classy Bills fans.

NICE GUYS SHOULD NOT BE NFL FOOTBALL COACHES.... PERIOD. The guy sucks! He should walk away while his head is still attached to his body.

Stay classy Bills fans.

Perfectly stated.

For he's a jolly-good fellow, for he's a... just kidding.

I have never been a fan of Richard, or his regime. We play scared, we are boring, he shows no animation or concern for his players on the sideline, and I doubt that he is a firecracker in the locker room. That is a guess, but I would bet it is fairly accurate.

As much as he needs fired, it is horrible that somebody would actually want him killed. He is inept, and I don't believe he has the makeup to be a head coach in this league...probably something that should have been noted before his hiring, and definitely before the extension. He must be one hell of a nice guy to still have a job. There are few teams that would have put up with this kind of football, and not have fired the head coach.

The billboard was a great idea. I think that Ralph needs to hear what the fans have to say, as we do line his pockets. The one that gets me, much like the Snyder post, is that Ralph IS the owner... Ralph IS the reason there is football in Western NY.

Hopefully this is the week, as I have hoped every week, but this team is a laughing stock. I keep reading that the players are horrible, blah blah blah. Just like all of our teams that have struggled in the past, if we just clean house a good number of them will go on to long successful careers elsewhere.

I also hope we don't just play to a mediocre record and a mid round draft pick again, if we want to rebuild we need a high quality draft pick that will be an immediate impact....repeat ad nauseum

Stay classy Bills fans.

A nice guy???

Look, Mike, if he was actually a "nice guy", he would step down, instead of admitting to the press each week that he is not fit to be coaching ( and cashing the big check) an NFL team.

Don't be such a sucker.

A nice guy???

Look, Mike, if he was actually a "nice guy", he would step down, instead of admitting to the press each week that he is not fit to be coaching ( and cashing the big check) an NFL team.

Don't be such a sucker.

And what exactly would stepping down accomplish? Oh that's right, absolutely nothing.

Move along.

I haven't seen him being called a Demon yet, and there is nothing that leads one to believe that DJ isn't a swell guy. They are however, 1-8 in their last 9 homes games, so you can't blame people for being digruntled. It isn't like DJ wants to lose, he just doesn't know how to win.

And what exactly would stepping down accomplish? Oh that's right, absolutely nothing.

Move along.

?????

Come on, NOTHING could change? Impossible?

You think that's what DJ is telling himself--"I'm the best option at this point"?

Ok, Mr. Wilson, if you say so.

wow.

I wish Dick Jauron success and I hope he pulls out a miracle and we finish 11-5. I know it isn't going to happen though. It's hard to be Dick.

You wish him success??

You mean on top of repeatedly landing a job at the pinnacle of a profession for which he has never demonstrated any talent for and for which he has been payed millions?

In a sense, he is the most "successful" HC in NFL history!

Well, sometimes it is.

Yesterday I asked my wife "Why couldn't I have been born in Pittsburgh or even Denver?" Those are teams can be called entertaining & they win their fair share of games.

Haha, I called my Dad yesterday and was pissed at him for moving to Rochester, from northern new york right before I was born. "Really dad? Didn't feel like moving to Boston or P-burgh?"

?????

Come on, NOTHING could change? Impossible?

You think that's what DJ is telling himself--"I'm the best option at this point"?

Ok, Mr. Wilson, if you say so.

wow.

I suppose something could change... We could stop being competitive in the first half and just suck the whole game.

Show me some examples of switching head coaches in mid-season that had a positive effect on the rest of the season? Might as well just wait until the end of this season when some of the big-name coaches are coming back to the NFL.

Stay classy Bills fans.

Nice guy? I don't give a ****. Good father. !@#$ you, go home and play with your kids. You want to work here, win. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you rooster-sucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get in the press? If you don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight, the materials you got, get myself 9 win. TONIGHT. Can you? Can you?

Go and do likewise. AIDA. Get MAD you son-of-a-B word. Get MAD. You know what it takes to coach in the NFL?? It takes brass balls to coach in the NFL. Go and do likewise, gents. The wins are out there, you pick 'em up, they're yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you. You want to go out for those games and win, WIN, it's yours, if not, you're going to be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar: ''Oh yeah, I used to be a coach. It's a tough racket.''

These are our players. These are the Buffalo Bills. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for winners. I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it....And to answer your question, pal: Why am I here? I came here because the people of Buffalo asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and FIRE your !@#$IN' ASS because a loser is a loser.

You wish him success??

You mean on top of repeatedly landing a job at the pinnacle of a profession for which he has never demonstrated any talent for and for which he has been payed millions?

In a sense, he is the most "successful" HC in NFL history!

Ha! Yes, in that aspect, he and Ralph are both very successful in their roles. Ralph keeps selling season tickets and Jauron still keeps getting paid. But the fact of the matter is that we can't blame Dick Jauron for staying put. Ralph sells dreams and hope by making some kind of move every offseason (i.e. signing T.O.) that makes people "believe" that THIS will be their year. He couldn't give two craps about winning a Super Bowl, or even going to the playoffs. He takes advantage of the wishful Bills faithful year in, and year out. He makes one move to divert the attention away from an otherwise horrible team, and hopes that the move will sell tickets. It works for him every year, and he can still afford to pay bad coaches AND bad players while making a huge profit for himself. Dick Jauron would be an idiot to simply call it quits mid-season. Don't blame him for cashing in on Ralph's chess game that he plays with the fans.

Mike,

Not to be a jerk... But when you buy tickets year after year for this team only to have the owner spit in your face, ill say what I wish.

DJ should a idiot collecting a check from a owner who is way to old to run a business in the NFL. RW is living in the early 80's....

Time for a major change...

Nice guy? I don't give a ****. Good father. !@#$ you, go home and play with your kids. You want to work here, win. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you rooster-sucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get in the press? If you don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight, the materials you got, get myself 9 win. TONIGHT. Can you? Can you?

Go and do likewise. AIDA. Get MAD you son-of-a-B word. Get MAD. You know what it takes to coach in the NFL?? It takes brass balls to coach in the NFL. Go and do likewise, gents. The wins are out there, you pick 'em up, they're yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you. You want to go out for those games and win, WIN, it's yours, if not, you're going to be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar: ''Oh yeah, I used to be a coach. It's a tough racket.''

These are our players. These are the Buffalo Bills. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for winners. I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it....And to answer your question, pal: Why am I here? I came here because the people of Buffalo asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and FIRE your !@#$IN' ASS because a loser is a loser.

HAHAHA...awesome job!!

Can you do one of Pacino ranting against Spacey???

there's no reason to demonize him. He does most of the things that good head coaches do - he gets the players to play hard for him, there is very little internal strife, and he doesn't put his foot in his mouth. He's not a great game coach - not as bad as many but not good enough at time management or advocating for the players to the refs. However his fatal flaw remains the same as it's always been for him - he doesn't know offense and doesn't pick people in charge that are good enough for the pro game. Because of this he'll be gone at the end of the year.

It's 90% about the players anyway.....you can demonize Jauron all you want but it all comes down to the players and actually having a great QB.....why have the Bills failed to make the playoffs for 10 years now? B/c we have not had a QB. Face it, it is not the coaching. Coaches who went on to have a lot of success and SUPER BOWL RINGS!!! Kevin Gilbride has a SB ring and was run out of town b/c supposedly he was an idiot. Well his offense won a SB. Mike Mularkey now looks great as an OC in Atlanta. Dan Henning in Miami. etc...etc...

Now look at the QBs we have had...Todd Collins, JP Losman, AVP, K Holcomb, D Bledsoe, R Johnson, and D Flutie. Did any of those QBs go on to light it up anywhere else? No! It was the fact the QB's themselves were bad not the coaching. Amazing how the best teams in the NFL have great QBs.....both Mannings, Brady, Palmer, Favre, Flacco, Rothlisberger, etc......

And BTW K Orton will now be exposed yet again. The Broncos are the '09 version of the '08 Bills after a great start they will be bad....they do get to play both Oakland and KC twice a year though!

It's 90% about the players anyway.....you can demonize Jauron all you want but it all comes down to the players and actually having a great QB.....why have the Bills failed to make the playoffs for 10 years now? B/c we have not had a QB. Face it, it is not the coaching. Coaches who went on to have a lot of success and SUPER BOWL RINGS!!! Kevin Gilbride has a SB ring and was run out of town b/c supposedly he was an idiot. Well his offense won a SB. Mike Mularkey now looks great as an OC in Atlanta. Dan Henning in Miami. etc...etc...

Now look at the QBs we have had...Todd Collins, JP Losman, AVP, K Holcomb, D Bledsoe, R Johnson, and D Flutie. Did any of those QBs go on to light it up anywhere else? No! It was the fact the QB's themselves were bad not the coaching. Amazing how the best teams in the NFL have great QBs.....both Mannings, Brady, Palmer, Favre, Flacco, Rothlisberger, etc......

And BTW K Orton will now be exposed yet again. The Broncos are the '09 version of the '08 Bills after a great start they will be bad....they do get to play both Oakland and KC twice a year though!

+1

For he's a jolly-good fellow, for he's a... just kidding.

I have never been a fan of Richard, or his regime. We play scared, we are boring, he shows no animation or concern for his players on the sideline, and I doubt that he is a firecracker in the locker room. That is a guess, but I would bet it is fairly accurate.

As much as he needs fired, it is horrible that somebody would actually want him killed. He is inept, and I don't believe he has the makeup to be a head coach in this league...probably something that should have been noted before his hiring, and definitely before the extension. He must be one hell of a nice guy to still have a job. There are few teams that would have put up with this kind of football, and not have fired the head coach.

The billboard was a great idea. I think that Ralph needs to hear what the fans have to say, as we do line his pockets. The one that gets me, much like the Snyder post, is that Ralph IS the owner... Ralph IS the reason there is football in Western NY.

Hopefully this is the week, as I have hoped every week, but this team is a laughing stock. I keep reading that the players are horrible, blah blah blah. Just like all of our teams that have struggled in the past, if we just clean house a good number of them will go on to long successful careers elsewhere.

I also hope we don't just play to a mediocre record and a mid round draft pick again, if we want to rebuild we need a high quality draft pick that will be an immediate impact....repeat ad nauseum

Did you see Rex Ryan? When the Jets were getting owned again, he screamed and screamed and screamed. We need a guy like that.

the QB and the protection is hugely important but scheme is a big deal on the offensive side. I think coaching is clearly an issue on offense and the evidence is this - we have had offensive success in the first weeks of the last 2 seasons only to see it evaporate as defenses adjust. Good coaching can adapt to defensive adjustments - ours hasn't for 2 consecutive years.

I think in the early part of the decade we actually did have better offensive coaches but were totally undermined by very poor QB play with Johnson, Bledsoe, and Losman coupled with an offensive line problem that was not addressed for many years in a row.

the QB and the protection is hugely important but scheme is a big deal on the offensive side. I think coaching is clearly an issue on offense and the evidence is this - we have had offensive success in the first weeks of the last 2 seasons only to see it evaporate as defenses adjust. Good coaching can adapt to defensive adjustments - ours hasn't for 2 consecutive years.

I think in the early part of the decade we actually did have better offensive coaches but were totally undermined by very poor QB play with Johnson, Bledsoe, and Losman coupled with an offensive line problem that was not addressed for many years in a row.

Are you suggesting it was in the scheme that Trent not throw a pass exceeding 20 yards against New England?

Or did defenses, after two weeks of the exact same crap, recognize Trent's utter lack of guts, and stack 11 guys within 10 yards of the LOS everytime?

How else do you explain Trent's CHECKDOWN passes getting gobbled up right away?

Dick Jauron is a nice guy who also happens to be a terrible football coach. He's the type of guy any of us would want as a neighbor but no one wants coaching our team.

You don't know one thing about him off the field, all you know is that he sucks as a coach. You don't know if he's a nice guy, you don't know that he'd make a good neighbor, you don't know that he'd make a good friend. You'll never know anything except that he sucks as a coach, period. Stop acting as if you know otherwise.

You don't know one thing about him off the field, all you know is that he sucks as a coach. You don't know if he's a nice guy, you don't know that he'd make a good neighbor, you don't know that he'd make a good friend. You'll never know anything except that he sucks as a coach, period. Stop acting as if you know otherwise.

You're not wrong, you're just an a-hole.

Sure, while the OP has no first-hand experience with Jauron there's a GD mountain of compelling second-hand evidence to suggest Jauron's a standout person, and not even a whisper to the contrary.