Edwards fans are sounding desperate for Fitzy to fail

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it begins. One QB rises, one falls...fans take their sides. And next year the cycle repeats. It's the circle of life.

PTR

Karl Marx: "Great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce." Updated for Buffalo in 09: Flutie v. Johnson (the Bills had a good team then and had a shot in '99) followed by Edwards v. Fitzpatrick.

Losman/Holcomb doesn't work because Losman was a rookie when he was benched, and no one at the time really knew whether he sucked or not.

A lot of Edwards fan boys on the forum throwing out exotic stats that "prove Edwards is a better quarterback." I for one find this disturbing. if you really love the Bills, you should be happy they're finally winning instead of looking for excuses why Fitzy won or excuses why Edwards loses. Why not save all your "bombshell" stat comparisons for a Fitzpatrick loss? Or are you worried that he keeps winning and steals the job and saves Dick's job?

No QB will succeed under Jauron.

Karl Marx: "Great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce." Updated for Buffalo in 09: Flutie v. Johnson (the Bills had a good team then and had a shot in '99) followed by Edwards v. Fitzpatrick.

Losman/Holcomb doesn't work because Losman was a rookie when he was benched, and no one at the time really knew whether he sucked or not.

Losman didn't really even play only a few plays his rookie season, he sat behind Bledsoe his rookie year. I remember he got in at the end of a game, maybe against Miami and looked completely overwhelmed, which isn't unusual for a rookie QB.

Losman didn't really even play only a few plays his rookie season, he sat behind Bledsoe his rookie year. I remember he got in at the end of a game, maybe against Miami and looked completely overwhelmed, which isn't unusual for a rookie QB.

yep; my mistake. He was essentially a rookie, however. The game he got into was a road game against NE in which the Bills were losing 29-6. It was a blowout; the Bills only score came on a punt return while down 23-0.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...00411140nwe.htm

Agreed about who cares as long as they win. They have won only once with Trent this year.

I agree, the bottom line is win. You can't say they won this many with this player etc. If you go by that theory, they are 1-3 with Fred Jackson starting and 2-1 with Lynch starting. They are what, 2-1 with Poz playing? Heck aren't they undefeated with Kavika Mitchell out? 2-0 since they signed Draft. Football is a team game, more so than any other sport out there.

Losman had a great arm and could throw the deep ball as well as anyone, but he couldn't hit a WR in stride on a 5-yard pattern. He didn't have it.

Edwards has a quick release and is (usually) accurate. but he either can't or won't throw the ball on intermediate routes, and simply refuses to try to hit a WR unless he has 3 steps on his man. He doesn't have it.

Fitzpatrick has pretty good pocket awareness and throws a pretty solid slant route, but his deep ball is weak and his accuracy on out routes is brutal. He doesn't have it.

The Bledsoe supporters learned when he went to Dallas and couldn't get the job done. The JP supporters learned when he couldn't find a job and had to play for a minor league. The Trent supporters will learn when he gets his job back and continues his poor play.

I, for one, am totally in favor of finding the right guy, no matter how many attempts it takes.

^^^^^^^^

BEST AND MOST CONCISE ANALYSIS I'VE SEEN.

You disputed this exact argument time and again when it was pointed out that JP LOST football games. Trent passed his 4 (or was it 5) year win total in a little more than a season and you would hear nothing of it.

Come on Senator, which is it?

It's no secret I preferred Losman over Edwards - but Losman's gone, so I'd prefer not to go down that road since it would just turn this into a JP v. TE debate - which is possibly what Fanning-Fan's FanBoys would like :devil:

(But, just to do a 'level-set' here, Losman had 8 starts in his first 2 seasons, Edwards had 23)

I'll stand by the 'new math' Bill -

2 and 0 > 1 and 4

After 3 years as an NFL starter, we've seen enough of Edwards to know who who is, and what he can and can't - or won't - do. It's all about winning - and right now I think Fitzpatrick gives us the better chance to win games.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

15 and 4 baby!!!!! :thumbdown:

There's a reason JP is in the UFL-HE EARNED IT!

You really need to get over the fact that JP is not qualified to play in the NFL in ANY capacity. At least the guys on the team are in the NFL & Fitzpatrick is a proven #2-a job JP couldn't get. You might just need a psychiatrist to get over your man-love for JP.

You are aware that JP had offers to come in and compete for a backup job right? He chose the UFL route to try and up his percieved value.

It's not hatred for JP, it's people like you who can't see he was bad and refuse to admit you are wrong that drive me wild. 32 NFL teams said JP isn't good enough to play in the NFL-what more do you need to wake up & see it for yourself? I guess in your mind, all 32 teams just need to get over their hatred for JP & give him a chance.

The post you replied to did not say one thing about Trent. It was about your irrational love for a guy NOBODY in the NFL wanted. Every time someone posts that JP wasn't good enough you JP lovers call us JP haters. We don't hate JP-we just don't think he was any good-a position that Trent Edwards, by the way, is quickly approaching.

I'm loyal to the team, I don't fall in love with QBs and say the irrational things you've said in this string about a fallen QB who just isn't NFL caliber.

I agree with you. I don't care who is behind center. If Trent were playing well and winning (or even playing like crap and winning), I'd be happy. I don't dislike him because he is not JP. I don't actually dislike him at all, I just don't see what all the Trent fanatics see. I see a bad QB with really no upside. As far as JP, I don't beleive he was great by any means. He had his chances and blew it. I think by the end of his time here, he was completely screwed up in the head. I just think that if he was coached well from the beginning, surrounded by good players and left in there to learn and grow, the think we would have a solid QB in Buffalo right now. I could be completely wrong and clueless, but that is what I believe. But yout point that no other team thinks he is any good is ridiculous. Its been well documented that he had chances to sign in the NFL as a 2nd or third stringer. He decided (whether right or wrong) that starting for Jim Fassel in the UFL was better for his long range career than sitting on the bench in the NFL and collecting a paycheck. Its a risky move and probably not a choice most people would make, but I respect him for it.

GO BILLS. I hope Fitz, Hamdan, Ramsey, Roscoe Parrish or whomever is under center this week throws for a handful of TDS.

I agree with you. I don't care who is behind center. If Trent were playing well and winning (or even playing like crap and winning), I'd be happy. I don't dislike him because he is not JP. I don't actually dislike him at all, I just don't see what all the Trent fanatics see. I see a bad QB with really no upside. As far as JP, I don't beleive he was great by any means. He had his chances and blew it. I think by the end of his time here, he was completely screwed up in the head. I just think that if he was coached well from the beginning, surrounded by good players and left in there to learn and grow, the think we would have a solid QB in Buffalo right now. I could be completely wrong and clueless, but that is what I believe. But yout point that no other team thinks he is any good is ridiculous. Its been well documented that he had chances to sign in the NFL as a 2nd or third stringer. He decided (whether right or wrong) that starting for Jim Fassel in the UFL was better for his long range career than sitting on the bench in the NFL and collecting a paycheck. Its a risky move and probably not a choice most people would make, but I respect him for it.

GO BILLS. I hope Fitz, Hamdan, Ramsey, Roscoe Parrish or whomever is under center this week throws for a handful of TDS.

Be careful with that one. Next thing you know all the Roscoe lovers will join in and start saying how he should be converted to QB, or we run the wildcat full time so that we can utilize his talents.