Edwards fans are sounding desperate for Fitzy to fail

All this debate means to me is that neither of these guys are the answer......like in Cleveland.

John, It's generally (IMO), a good idea to expend a 6th or 7th pick most years on a QB. Or invite in the UFDA qbs' in. You never know - here is Fitz, warts and all, but with numerous starts between CIN and BUF thanks to both clubs' injury necessities.

Sure would be nice if Fitz turns out to be the "man". What a stroke of luck that would be... :thumbsup:

HOU will be a good test - their coaching staff is good, adaptable, and they put the kibosh on a streaking CIN club - big time.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
His point is the same point that you dismiss every time somebody brings it up.

- Buffalo has given up 19 sacks in 7 games (~ 2.7 sacks/game)

- Green Bay clearly has the worst OL in the league, giving up 6 more sacks than Buffalo in one fewer game (~ 4.2 sacks/game).

- Pittsburgh's line has given up 16 sacks, 3 fewer than Buffalo (2.3 sacks/game). Do you believe that 0.4 sacks/game is really the difference between Pittsburgh's QB play and Buffalo's?

- San Diego's line has given up 15 sacks, 4 fewer than Buffalo in one fewer game (2.5 sacks/game). Do you believe that 0.2 sacks/game is really the difference between San Diego's QB play and Buffalo's?

The numbers don't lie dude. Buffalo's line is on par with these teams, but they get better QB play. That has to fall on the QB's shoulders.

We have a Packer castoff starting for our football team, your logic is flawed.

Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben are scrambling QB , they do well on the move. Compare the run blocking if you want to get some concrete proof of which O-line is worse.

Comparing our situation to two other teams with scrambling QB's, one of them is the best in the league I might add, is useless in my opinion.

I wish we had the Steelers O-line. (and Big Ben)

Note: Many of both Big Bens and Aaron Rodgers sacks occur well after the normal time frame for a QB to hold onto the ball.

Glad I could give you a laugh.

Try to come up with some real proof Fitz is better then TE and I'll give some credit were credit is due.

This is proof that both are terrible...

Trent Edwards career stats.

QB rating 78.0

TD's 23

INT's 24

Completion rate 61%

30 starts with 54 sacks and 14 fumbles

Ryan fitzpatrick career stats.

QB rating 66.8

TD's 14

INT's 18

Completion rate 57.4%

16 starts with 49 sacks (38 in the 13 games he played w/ 2008 begals) with 14 fumbles.

I would prefer another option but given the 2, I would rather give Fitzy a chance (meaning a few games) to see if he can prove himself to be better than his stats suggest...a task trent has been unable to do in 3 years.

A lot of Edwards fan boys on the forum throwing out exotic stats that "prove Edwards is a better quarterback." I for one find this disturbing. if you really love the Bills, you should be happy they're finally winning instead of looking for excuses why Fitzy won or excuses why Edwards loses. Why not save all your "bombshell" stat comparisons for a Fitzpatrick loss? Or are you worried that he keeps winning and steals the job and saves Dick's job?

I think most of us just care about wins.

Guest dog14787
This is proof that both are terrible...

Trent Edwards career stats.

QB rating 78.0

TD's 23

INT's 24

Completion rate 61%

30 starts with 54 sacks and 14 fumbles

Ryan fitzpatrick career stats.

QB rating 66.8

TD's 14

INT's 18

Completion rate 57.4%

16 starts with 49 sacks (38 in the 13 games he played w/ 2008 begals) with 14 fumbles.

I would prefer another option but given the 2, I would rather give Fitzy a chance (meaning a few games) to see if he can prove himself to be better than his stats suggest...a task trent has been unable to do in 3 years.

Wow, now that's some bad numbers, its almost doubling TE's bad numbers.

I don't think that's true ..... I'm a huge Edwards fan, but I'd be happy as punch if Fitz wins every game that he's in. As a matter of fact from the beginning I was a Lamonica fan and had no trouble rooting for Kemp .... I was a Flutie fan who had no trouble rooting for Johnson .... I was a Bledsoe fan who had no trouble rooting for J.P .... now I'm an Edwards fan ... but I continue rooting for a Bills win no matter who is behind center.

I don't think that's true ..... I'm a huge Edwards fan, but I'd be happy as punch if Fitz wins every game that he's in. As a matter of fact from the beginning I was a Lamonica fan and had no trouble rooting for Kemp .... I was a Flutie fan who had no trouble rooting for Johnson .... I was a Bledsoe fan who had no trouble rooting for J.P .... now I'm an Edwards fan ... but I continue rooting for a Bills win no matter who is behind center.

You sound like a Bills whore. So you'll cheer for anyone, just as long as the Bills are winning?

Pick a side! Choose a player and defend him through thick and thin for years, and if the Bills cut him all the better watching them lose because it proves you right. This wishy washy I just cheer for anyone in a Bills uniform has no place around here.

:thumbsup:

I don't care who the QB is, you only get 3 seasons, at most, from me & then I'm ready to ship you out. I gave up on Rob, JP, Drew & I'm preparing for Edwards sayonara. The one thing I've learned from all these fiascos-the Bills scouts don't know spit about QB evaluation. Every time we get our next savior, he spits the bed.

Those excuse makers, for whoever, are all wet. The coaches haven't ruined anyone-they sucked when they got here & they sucked when they left. Now Trent looked good against bad teams at the start of last season, but the only thing he's proven so far is he'll never make it through a 16 game season. He's the anti-Manning (either one).

To all you posters who are afraid a QB will come back to "haunt us" (I still can't believe some of the JP hangers on are still predicting a successful return from the UFL & citing Jim Fassell's coaching as a reason), only 1 jettisoned QB came back to haunt us in the 50 year history of the franchise.

Give it up already, time to dip back into the QB pool-I hope Nix makes a difference in this selection.

Ridiculous.. So you'd rather have sayy.. the 2009 Rams as your team, or the 2008-2009 Lions... makes no sense. going 7-9 or going 0-16 isn't going to matter for next year, no matter where we end up, there is still obviously going to need to be improvements made.

Really? Just read over that again and think about what could POSSIBLY be affected by winning more games than necessary.

Until Edwards is listed as active again, it is a moot point.

That will be the 1st

...of never.

Better debate is who is better from Fitz or Hamdan, at least it is relevant

Should Edwards make a foolish decision to come back again, it is a matter of 3-4 games max he can last before the final concussion really effs up his life.

Until Edwards is listed as active again, it is a moot point.

That will be the 1st

...of never.

Better debate is who is better from Fitz or Hamdan, at least it is relevant

Should Edwards make a foolish decision to come back again, it is a matter of 3-4 games max he can last before the final concussion really effs up his life.

Well that would be a short debate.

I was a TE fan and thought he was the QB of the future. However, from what I saw this year, preseason and the end of last year in combination with all of his injuries I realize he is not the QB of the future and probably will be a good NFL backup for his career. He was absolutely horrendous against a horrendous Cleveland team. He makes a presnap determination and checks down consistently.

Fitz seems to have a better presence back there and does what he has to do. The one thing that stands out for Fitz is that the more he plays in this league the better he is......he is 5-0 in his last 5 games as a QB and also came in against the Jets down 10 points. Against that defense when you are one dimensional....that makes it tough. He did lead three scoring drives in that game although not looking overly impressive.

But to the objective observer there is no question right now who is playing better and who the better QB is at this time. It is Fitz and you go with Fitz.

I was a TE fan and thought he was the QB of the future. However, from what I saw this year, preseason and the end of last year in combination with all of his injuries I realize he is not the QB of the future and probably will be a good NFL backup for his career. He was absolutely horrendous against a horrendous Cleveland team. He makes a presnap determination and checks down consistently.

Fitz seems to have a better presence back there and does what he has to do. The one thing that stands out for Fitz is that the more he plays in this league the better he is......he is 5-0 in his last 5 games as a QB and also came in against the Jets down 10 points. Against that defense when you are one dimensional....that makes it tough. He did lead three scoring drives in that game although not looking overly impressive.

But to the objective observer there is no question right now who is playing better and who the better QB is at this time. It is Fitz and you go with Fitz.

The real debate is who is better just now, Fitz or Garcia?

I would take Garcia, experience and proven arm strength. Even if he DOES walk like a duck according to TOs kids.

Well said macaroni.