Dick Jauron Today

My favorite Jauron moment today was watching him do his little golf clap after a touchdown and the announcer simultaneously saying "...and Dick Jauron is FIRED UP!"

Yep. That was Dick Jauron fired up.

He also clapped after that false start. He almost lost his cool there.

My favorite Jauron moment today was watching him do his little golf clap after a touchdown and the announcer simultaneously saying "...and Dick Jauron is FIRED UP!"

Yep. That was Dick Jauron fired up.

Actually, wasn't it after a field goal?

Remember at the end of Mularkey's tenure when people were running all over the place saying "but we could have had John Fox!"

;)

i still think Fox is a decent head coach but staying with Delhomme is killing him

Outgained 425-167 isn't what I would call a well-coached game. I'd call it a classic DJ win: luck, no turnovers, and few penalties against an opponent with turnovers and penalties.

These are the types of wins DJ had in 01 when Chicago went 13-3. The stars aligned that season.

Outgained 425-167 isn't what I would call a well-coached game. I'd call it a classic DJ win: luck, no turnovers, and few penalties against an opponent with turnovers and penalties.

These are the types of wins DJ had in 01 when Chicago went 13-3. The stars aligned that season.

Still translates into a W....I'll take it.

I dont like the conservative approach at the end either. 1st and goal inside the 5. Put your foot on their throat and score a touchdown.

No. I would've like them to score but a FG made it a two score game so you can't risk a TD.

And the offensive play today was not Jaurons fault. You can't blame Jauron for dropped passes and those poor passes. I thought the offense play calling was pretty good with all the bombs and that TD pass.

Still translates into a W....I'll take it.

Ask yourself how many times that works against good teams. DJ not being able to beat playoff caliber teams is no coincidence, and something which jumps out to anyone who knows the HC's history.

Banking on opponents to screw up is his strategy. Unfortunately, NE, IND, PIT, BAL, and MIA don't make as many as DJ needs to win.

Remember at the end of Mularkey's tenure when people were running all over the place saying "but we could have had John Fox!"

:lol:

I liked his aggressive calls on 4th Down. Contrast going for it on 4th and 4 around the Bills 40 with 7 minutes left and down by two scores with Jauron punting when facing 4th and 1 down two scores against the Saints.

I dont like the conservative approach at the end either. 1st and goal inside the 5. Put your foot on their throat and score a touchdown.

There are times when the conservative call is 100% the right call, as it clearly was in this case. Not a fan of Jauron in any way, but let's not denigrate him when he does make the proper decision.