Revis runs his mouth

WordByrd

“I don’t think we doubled him once,” the Jets player said. “Buffalo will make you hit a wall [in your career]. People thought Randy Moss hit a wall, too, didn’t they? How motivated is [Owens] to play in Buffalo? How excited is he about the offense? They just canned the no-huddle [stuff] because it wasn’t working. They’re not finding creative ways to get him the football, either.”

Asked if he thought Owens could still be a great player in the league, the Jets player replied, “I don’t know. But definitely not on that offense.”

link

REVIS for mayor of Buffalo. I want him on our team.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“I don’t think we doubled him once,” the Jets player said. “Buffalo will make you hit a wall [in your career]. People thought Randy Moss hit a wall, too, didn’t they? How motivated is [Owens] to play in Buffalo? How excited is he about the offense? They just canned the no-huddle [stuff] because it wasn’t working. They’re not finding creative ways to get him the football, either.”

Asked if he thought Owens could still be a great player in the league, the Jets player replied, “I don’t know. But definitely not on that offense.”

link

Whats wrong with this? Its dead on accurate. If TO was on a team with a QB and a real offense, he would be a top 15 WR easily. Same for Lee Evans...heck, I bet if Evans was in Balt, Philly, etc where they need a WR he would be top 10 in production right now.

Whats wrong with this? Its dead on accurate. If TO was on a team with a QB and a real offense, he would be a top 15 WR easily. Same for Lee Evans...heck, I bet if Evans was in Balt, Philly, etc where they need a WR he would be top 10 in production right now.

Can you imagine if Evans played for the Colts or Patriots? :rolleyes:

Gotta love the trash-talking after you get beat. Not that he's that far off base or anything, but the next logical question is, "So, you lost to a team that runs a pop-warner offense, what does that say about your play and the rest of the defense?" These ego-manical asses have to prop themselves up when they get embarassed instead of just taking it as a learning experience or something to build off of.

Well what Revis said was largely true IMO. But I agree that he should just shut up. It's like Richard Seymour's little rant yesterday saying how the Giants got theirs (from New Orleans) after the Giants whipped his Raiders. It just rings so hollow.

Gotta love the trash-talking after you get beat. Not that he's that far off base or anything, but the next logical question is, "So, you lost to a team that runs a pop-warner offense, what does that say about your play and the rest of the defense?" These ego-manical asses have to prop themselves up when they get embarassed instead of just taking it as a learning experience or something to build off of.

You said it. Revis is right, but what does that make him and the Jets pathetic D.

1) Did I miss something where people are assuming this is Revis doing the talking? Because everything I've heard about Revis is that he is a very humble and quiet guy.

2) And it is completely obvious that the Jets just had Revis on TO. Revis is a stud cb and shut down Moss and Andre Johnson one on one.

3) As a result of Revis being on TO, Evans smoked their other corner for the tying td and was an instant replay away from a 100 yard game. TO did his job and helped Evans have a good game.

4) Gotta love talking junk about a team that just beat your team. It makes you look like a complete idiot.

Does this idiot realize what an indictment this is on his defense? The Jets' defense is so bad the Bills' offense beat them. Did LS get a nice view of Evans from behind or was he too far ahead of him?

No, our offense didn't beat them. Their defense held us to 13 in regulation. If your D gives up 13 points, our offense should be able to win almost every game you play. Their offense beat them.

link

He's 100% right. We're doing to Owens what Oakland did to Moss. Ruining their careers. The offense isn't excited, we did just scrap the no-huddle cause it wasn't working and we're not getting him the ball.

Revis is right...but like a few others have said - it is funny to hear a guy piss and moan like this after a loss.

I will say this - I hate the Jets - (and the Miami Dolphins, LA Dodgers, LA Lakers, and NY Yankees) more than any other sports team....but Revis is one guy I would love to have on the Bills roster. The kid is a stud.

I guess he is a stud. For several plays he was fastened to TO jersey for fear of letting him go. Or he could be a tie tack, if you don't think he is a stud. TO probably was wondering what the extra appendage was. Revis gets more credit than he is due because he plays in NY IMHO. Not saying he is not good but I don't see him as elite.

I guess he is a stud. For several plays he was fastened to TO jersey for fear of letting him go. Or he could be a tie tack, if you don't think he is a stud. TO probably was wondering what the extra appendage was. Revis gets more credit than he is due because he plays in NY IMHO. Not saying he is not good but I don't see him as elite.

I do see him as elite but regardless I also find it strange to hear him complaining about our shortcomings on offence.

Also looks to me like his coach is rubbing off on him. Too bad. I liked him a lot better as a quiet kid and shut down corner.

link

Wow even players in the league calling out our coaching staff. If that does not light a fire under Jaron nothing will!