Washington Redskins

DreamOnDan

I have been comparing teams since last week when someone asked which team is most like the bills.

We are the Washington Redskins of the AFC without the bonehead spending... That being said, I haven't posted lately so I'll share my opinion about the season and the future:

Edwards definately not the guy

Jauron def fired, parrish cut

Reed, Youboty, and T.O. will not be re-signed

Line will pan out next year... As will Hardy and Nelson

Defense is good, it is the PERFECT compliment to an effective no huddle offense.

No Huddle isn't providing an advantage because of Trent and the line but mainly trent

Byrd is the real deal at FS and Whitner will be back to SS for keeps

Defense can make a seemless transition to a 3-4 next year in needed. Schobel and Maybin (both 250lbs) at OLB and Poz and Mitchell inside??? Stroud is a beast at nose and Williams and Johnson could play LE as well as DT, Kelsey and Denney can play RE in a 3-4

Bottom line: Need a QB rd 1 this draft! This team is talented and if the bills are smart they will add competition to Trent next year and make him earn an extension that I don't think is happening.

How many fans have already kissed this season Goodbye?

Edwards definately not the guy: TRUE

Jauron def fired, parrish cut: TRUE

Reed, Youboty, and T.O. will not be re-signed: I like Reed, Youboty might stay

Line will pan out next year..As will Hardy and Nelson: We HOPE this will be the case, but we still need some legitimate Tackles

Defense is good, it is the PERFECT compliment to an effective no huddle offense: Defense is far from good...we need some talent pass rushers and some serious LB help

No Huddle isn't providing an advantage because of Trent and the line but mainly trent: Mmmm...mostly TRUE

Defense can make a seemless transition to a 3-4 next year in needed. Schobel and Maybin (both 250lbs) at OLB and Poz and Mitchell inside??? Stroud is a beast at nose and Williams and Johnson could play LE as well as DT, Kelsey and Denney can play RE in a 3-4: Need better LB's in that scenario

Bottom line: Need a QB rd 1 this draft! This team is talented and if the bills are smart they will add competition to Trent next year and make him earn an extension that I don't think is happening: The Bills have SOME talent. We need a front office that has a clue, and a coaching staff worthy of working in the NFL. Trent needs more than competition, he needs a leaders fighting spirit, he needs to spread the field. A QB in rd 1...? Who's worthy? Give me some more talent on the lines first please!

How many fans have already kissed this season Goodbye? If we lose this week...Me

I have been comparing teams since last week when someone asked which team is most like the bills.

We are the Washington Redskins of the AFC without the bonehead spending... That being said, I haven't posted lately so I'll share my opinion about the season and the future:

Defense is good, it is the PERFECT compliment to an effective no huddle offense.

No Huddle isn't providing an advantage because of Trent and the line but mainly trent

Defense can make a seemless transition to a 3-4 next year in needed. Schobel and Maybin (both 250lbs) at OLB and Poz and Mitchell inside??? Stroud is a beast at nose and Williams and Johnson could play LE as well as DT, Kelsey and Denney can play RE in a 3-4

Bottom line: Need a QB rd 1 this draft! This team is talented and if the bills are smart they will add competition to Trent next year and make him earn an extension that I don't think is happening.

I'm impressed by Byrd also but let's give him at least a few more games before we crown him "The Real Deal". He had 2 great games in a row, however D. Anderson and Marky Mark Sanchez are hardly good QB's. Let's see what he can do against the Brady's and Manning's of the world.

Edwards definately not the guy: TRUE

Jauron def fired, parrish cut: TRUE

Reed, Youboty, and T.O. will not be re-signed: I like Reed, Youboty might stay

Line will pan out next year..As will Hardy and Nelson: We HOPE this will be the case, but we still need some legitimate Tackles

Defense is good, it is the PERFECT compliment to an effective no huddle offense: Defense is far from good...we need some talent pass rushers and some serious LB help

No Huddle isn't providing an advantage because of Trent and the line but mainly trent: Mmmm...mostly TRUE

Defense can make a seemless transition to a 3-4 next year in needed. Schobel and Maybin (both 250lbs) at OLB and Poz and Mitchell inside??? Stroud is a beast at nose and Williams and Johnson could play LE as well as DT, Kelsey and Denney can play RE in a 3-4: Need better LB's in that scenario

Bottom line: Need a QB rd 1 this draft! This team is talented and if the bills are smart they will add competition to Trent next year and make him earn an extension that I don't think is happening: The Bills have SOME talent. We need a front office that has a clue, and a coaching staff worthy of working in the NFL. Trent needs more than competition, he needs a leaders fighting spirit, he needs to spread the field. A QB in rd 1...? Who's worthy? Give me some more talent on the lines first please!

How many fans have already kissed this season Goodbye? If we lose this week...Me

How is this Defense FAR from good?

It has been keeping us in (most) games, after being on the field 80% of the time...not to mention, dealing with injuries.

I think Schobel and Maybin at OLB's, with Poz and Kawika in the middle would be a great LB corps for a 3-4. We definitely have the personnell to make the switch, we just need the depth and a coach who can make it effective.

I like many of your points.

I dont think the Defense is that good. Poz and Mitchell are both just about average LB's. If you put either of them on many defenses like Baltimore, or NY Giants you would notice they are the worst of the group (proven by Mitchell).

Trent most likely is done, but I would be ok with him staying another year if we got a new coach.

Byrd is the read deal and keeping Whitner at SS would be the best move. Maybe even getting rid of Donte and keeping Wilson or Scott at SS would be smart (depends on what you could get for Whitner).

I like your point about the 3-4 but I think Schobel is too old and slow to play the position at this point in his career. If you had him make that switch 3 years ago I would have been on board. But he will fit for now. Maybin is a perfect fit for an OLB in a 3-4. Stroud is a good fit for DT in that defense. I would personally use Williams and Johnson at the both end positions. That would make for a pretty big line.

Im glad we get to see Fitz this week and most likely next. It will give us an idea if Trent is just really flawed or if he is doing exactly what the coaches want him to. If Fitz comes out and lights it up I have a hard time believing Trent was making the plays the coaches are calling. If Fitz looks like crap it might not mean anything.

If we win the next 2 Ill be optimistic, but realistically they need to win 5 of the next 6 to be in the playoff hunt. They defenately cant lose to the Jets, or Dolphins again. They must win out in the division.

How is this Defense FAR from good?

It has been keeping us in (most) games, after being on the field 80% of the time...not to mention, dealing with injuries.

I think Schobel and Maybin at OLB's, with Poz and Kawika in the middle would be a great LB corps for a 3-4. We definitely have the personnell to make the switch, we just need the depth and a coach who can make it effective.

because the DB's are Ok...the LB's are horrid...we have Stroud and/or Williams at nose (provided we go to a 3-4) and then....who to rush? our high motor guys? Herdly a threat with a 4 man front, so how do you think they'll do with only 3? I think we need upgrades/replacements at 5 out of 11 positons...that to me is FAR from good.

I like many of your points.

I dont think the Defense is that good. Poz and Mitchell are both just about average LB's. If you put either of them on many defenses like Baltimore, or NY Giants you would notice they are the worst of the group (proven by Mitchell).

Trent most likely is done, but I would be ok with him staying another year if we got a new coach.

Byrd is the read deal and keeping Whitner at SS would be the best move. Maybe even getting rid of Donte and keeping Wilson or Scott at SS would be smart (depends on what you could get for Whitner).

I like your point about the 3-4 but I think Schobel is too old and slow to play the position at this point in his career. If you had him make that switch 3 years ago I would have been on board. But he will fit for now. Maybin is a perfect fit for an OLB in a 3-4. Stroud is a good fit for DT in that defense. I would personally use Williams and Johnson at the both end positions. That would make for a pretty big line.

Im glad we get to see Fitz this week and most likely next. It will give us an idea if Trent is just really flawed or if he is doing exactly what the coaches want him to. If Fitz comes out and lights it up I have a hard time believing Trent was making the plays the coaches are calling. If Fitz looks like crap it might not mean anything.

If we win the next 2 Ill be optimistic, but realistically they need to win 5 of the next 6 to be in the playoff hunt. They defenately cant lose to the Jets, or Dolphins again. They must win out in the division.

Good points about our defense. Too many running back have big games and our LB are often out of position. We have no real hard hitters on our LB staff. Poz and Mitchell would look much better surrounded by better talent whether it is on the D-line or additional LB's in a 3-4.

I agree with your point on Whitner. At the beginning of the season I felt that Whitner and Poz needed to step up to live up to the billing. I don't see them as bust but but I don't see them as having much pro bowl potential. I think Byrd and Wilson so far have made more impact plays given the limited opportunities they have had. I'm not saying trade established players for draft picks because frankly I don't think we can get much for anyone on defense ,but when drafting for defense we have to realize as long as we look at Whitner and Poz as our core, we will never be better than mediocre.

I'm curious about Fitz. I would like to see if he can assess single coverage on route other than the "go" routes better than Trent. I think this is Trent's big problem. The TD to Evans against the Jets, Trent would have never thrown that pass.

because the DB's are Ok...the LB's are horrid...we have Stroud and/or Williams at nose (provided we go to a 3-4) and then....who to rush? our high motor guys? Herdly a threat with a 4 man front, so how do you think they'll do with only 3? I think we need upgrades/replacements at 5 out of 11 positons...that to me is FAR from good.

i dont know dude, i think that's far from GREAT. which is a big difference in this league from "good". a defense with, as you put it "ok DBs, horrid LBs", and a couple ok Dlinemen, have kept us in every game. even the New Orleans game didnt get away from us until the 4th quarter, and that was the O's fault. we have been in a position to take the driver's seat in every game, we just need the driver (the Offense) to get in the car. just score A touchdown.

now, i agree that this defense has a long way to go to be great. but with just a couple key additions, it could be there. right now, its just good.

We aren't the Skins at all. Secondly I agree that this D can make a conversion to the 3-4 (Poz and Mitchel at MLB, Maybin and Schobel at OLB, Stroud at nose, Kyle Williams at DE and Spencer Jhonson or someone else at DE) but I wouldn't like the Bills to go to the 3-4. There are too many teams going to the 3-4 recently and I think this team in a 4-3 form is only a piece or two away from being good at the 4-3.

Honestly the O-line looks like at least the guards and center are going to be good for the foreseeable future. Butler could come back even if Jermon doesn't pan out. Bell is the key if he can show signs of serious progress towards the end of this season than we might keep him at LT. But yeah this line may just be a piece away from being good.

Trent or Fitz just aren't the answer at QB and we need to spend a high pick on a QB and in the second round we need to try and get a linebacker or a DT to sure up the front seven (Through the draft or free agency we can't have Ellison come in as the starter at the OLB spot).

Get Gruden or Russ Grimm in here and lets draft well it all comes down to picking the right coach and drafting well.

Get Gruden or Russ Grimm in here and lets draft well it all comes down to picking the right coach and drafting well.

That's an interesting thought. Grimm never crossed my mind, but he would definitely bring some discipline to the locker room. Look what he's done with the average talent he's had on that OL. He could help whip our young guys into shape for sure. We could probably have one of the best OL's in the NFL within a year or so.

The biggest difference, IMHO, between us and the Redskins is...

at least they have an owner who is willing to pony up the money to bring big name free agents to play for them, and who seemingly has a sincere desire to win games and improve the team.

The biggest difference, IMHO, between us and the Redskins is...

at least they have an owner who is willing to pony up the money to bring big name free agents to play for them, and who seemingly has a sincere desire to win games and improve the team.

Are you kidding me? This guy plays fantasy football with the Redskins! I've lived in MD most of my life, and this guy has literally ruined this franchise. Read this and you will agree: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009...ington-red.aspx

Btw, I totally agree with this thread, the Redskins are the Bills south. Me and my Redskin friends are have noticed this too and talked it about it just last week.

That's an interesting thought. Grimm never crossed my mind, but he would definitely bring some discipline to the locker room. Look what he's done with the average talent he's had on that OL. He could help whip our young guys into shape for sure. We could probably have one of the best OL's in the NFL within a year or so.

Grimm was the guy the Steelers wanted to replace Cower but they hired Tomlin to support the Rooney rule (they thought both were good just thought Tomlin would be a better message at least thats the rumor) so you have to like that he was one of two guys the steelers wanted.

Grimm has also done good work with Arizona (I think he was promoted to offensive coordinator this season and they are still pretty dam good).Grimm is the polar opposite of DJ. Offensive guy who instills discipline and passion into his players

If your defense is dead last against the run in the NFL your not a good defense.

They certainly struggle against the run but this number is tilted a little. First, our defense is always on the field and this will hurt any unit. Second, the correct formula to beat our beloved Bills is Jauron's specialty. Play conservative and only take select shots down the field. Our offense poses very little threat and will eventually shoot itself in the foot via field position problems, penalties, or turnovers. If Rex Ryan continued to just grind it, we would have lost IMO. Instead he got a little to cute with a rookie Qb and served up our talented secondary. Make no mistake about it, our secondary is talented. As well it should be, considering the draft day attention it has recieved.

Are you kidding me? This guy plays fantasy football with the Redskins! I've lived in MD most of my life, and this guy has literally ruined this franchise. Read this and you will agree: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009...ington-red.aspx

Btw, I totally agree with this thread, the Redskins are the Bills south. Me and my Redskin friends are have noticed this too and talked it about it just last week.

that was an interesting article. I will say this though, Snyder may be responsible for the debacle that the redskins have become, but many of the moves he makes, at least it gives off the impression that he's trying to win, and trying to add talent to the team. I never get that feeling from Ralph....