Players really, really like Jauron

RockPile007

That's the thing. The players blame themselves as they should. And if they didn't, I won't want them on the Bills.

That's a good point, but after so many years of mediocrity they could blame themselves but stop talking Jauron up like he's some kind of hero. Just my frustration I guess.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of thee players wouldn't even be on another NFL team's roster if another coach came in here and cleaned house. Others would suddenly have to wake up and produce.

With Jauron, it's like being UB and playing college ball against USC. You don't really need to win, just show up, try really hard, and maybe with a couple of bounces and some good luck you can come close, or even win.

That is how SOFT this team is. Let's get real here: the Jets QB was a disaster Sunday, just like Anderson the week before. We went 1-1 in those games and it took almost 4 hrs to beat the Jets.

This is a 5-11 or 6-10 team, so they will win a few here and there. Big deal.

For all you guys saying Jauron coddles his players, how many of you actually know for a fact this is true. If one of you is on the Bills than I apologise but until someone provides proof that he does you can't make assumptions like that. This is the reason why getting another coach right now would be a very bad idea. How would the players react if we fired Dick and signed someone like Gruden.

Of course they do! Soft, easy training camps, no real "win at all cost" mentality, no real accountability and most importantly all these UFL talent guys that give these quotes get to keep their jobs.

Sure....nothing like status quo and a creampuff boss you can walk all over at your job

there is a way to measure coaches. its called winning and losing. Jauron was a loser when he came here and has been an at best mediocre coach by the stat that counts. It would be insane to fire him this season and if he's got what it takes hed had better show it throughout the rest of the season. The penalties, abysmal decisions on special teams, poor trades and failure to make good draft choices at positions of critical need should probably show itself in the win loss record and seal his fate.

Interesting stuff from Wendling in this Scout article.

Here's what he said...

"We want him as our head coach here. I don’t think there’s a guy in that locker room that would tell you differently.”

Obviously, it's been well-documented that the players love Jauron but this was a pretty strong quote. The defensive effort Sunday kind of showed that I thought. (Loved Wendling's pick too. I want to see that guy on the field more.)

Come on, I know somebody out there is getting soft and wants Jauron to stick around! Someone? Anyone? Bueller? OK...

I dont want him to stay, I prefer a more aggressive attitude and approach to the game. But I will say this...If anyone takes an objective look at all of our losses since our 4-0 start last year, there is 2 very consistent things that show up in all but 2 of the losses.

1. We were in each game late in the game, sometimes even leading. But all of them excpet 2 were winnable late.

2. In almost every loss, the play from the QB, both Trent and JP, was below average or down right atrocious.

Say what you want about the O line, but last year it wasnt bad and got better as the season wore on. This year, its had its moments, but honestly I think Trents inability to slide in a pocket makes it look worse than it is. To me, the bigger problem this year is the penalties and thats to be expected with such an inexperienced O Line. Not saying they are good by any means yet, but I think judging by how much better the O Line looked against a Jets team that made us look like a High School team with Trent under center, I think shows the fact this O Line could be better with a QB who knows what he is doing back there and doesnt bail on a play the first sign of pressure.

So, I firmly believe we easily make the playoffs last year with a solid QB. Dont buy it? Then look up the QB stats in those losses, almost all were atrocious, especially all 6 divisional games (Trent alone had 3 TD's and 10 turnovers in the 4 he played).

Looking at this year, with a more productive QB we are 4-2 or 5-1 (with likely wins against NE, Cle, and NO).

Not supporting DJ here, but honestly, the QB position is the bigger reason we lose. The rest of the team isnt great, but somehow we are always in these games despite generally inept play by the QB.

Again, I would rather see us bring in one of the many talented coaches available as I dont trust DJ's gameday philosphy at all, but for me, if I had to choose between a new coach or a QB, it would be QB all day long. That being said, I do belive we can make the playoffs under DJ if we had a QB. Dont buy it, well DJ did it with a less talented team in Chicago. I dont think he can win us big games, but playoffs would require a few more wins only.

Think about this: DJ, with inept QB's, has gone 7-9 for 3 years in a row...are you telling me no one beleives a real QB in todays NFL isnt worth 2-4 more wins?

For all you guys saying Jauron coddles his players, how many of you actually know for a fact this is true. If one of you is on the Bills than I apologise but until someone provides proof that he does you can't make assumptions like that. This is the reason why getting another coach right now would be a very bad idea. How would the players react if we fired Dick and signed someone like Gruden.

We can only hope ...

But to answer your answer question: who cares how the players will react.

Some will stand up and face the challenge head on, and realize their full potential

Others will try but will end up facing the reality they are nothing more than back up material

And the rest will take their ball and go home. Good riddance to dead weight.

Say what you want to about Jauron, but his football resume is up there with any coach in the NFL.

Sure, if you place it on a desk next to Bill Parcells, Don Shula, Vince Lombardi, and Jimmy Johnson's resumes, there it is, right up there with them. From a good three feet away, I bet you couldn't even tell whose resume was whose. It's only when you actually READ said resumes that you start to notice an actual DIFFERENCE. :thumbsup:

The players have to say this. If they says otherwise, they will be sitting. And sitting is one step away from being cut. As much as think NFL players make way too much money, it's still a source of their livelihood. Them and their family (just ask Travis Henry) need their paycheck just like we all do.

chimp you fool he's talking about the guy's CV as a player.

i agree with alpha with the qualification: i'd take a GOOD qb over a GOOD coach change (i'd rather add mcnabb than gruden for example). if it's just a change, then i'd rather clean out the coaches than just clean out trent, since i think there are a few staffs out there that can do a better management job, but just changing the qb to change him (like for fitz, or drew out for JP) is popular with the fans, but isn't very effective.

remember when kyle orton was a terrible qb? not saying trent is certain to be good, but just some other body at QB won't necessarily be better, some other bodies at coaching positions represent a big change and can shake out the lead.

chimp you fool he's talking about the guy's CV as a player.

i agree with alpha with the qualification: i'd take a GOOD qb over a GOOD coach change (i'd rather add mcnabb than gruden for example). if it's just a change, then i'd rather clean out the coaches than just clean out trent, since i think there are a few staffs out there that can do a better management job, but just changing the qb to change him (like for fitz, or drew out for JP) is popular with the fans, but isn't very effective.

remember when kyle orton was a terrible qb? not saying trent is certain to be good, but just some other body at QB won't necessarily be better, some other bodies at coaching positions represent a big change and can shake out the lead.

Totally agree...ideally I would love to see a house cleaning of the staff and bring one of the many talented proven HC's out there and either draft a top QB or bring a QB in via trade/FA. But like I said, if I had to choose a new HC or a new QB, I will take the QB at this point.

I mean if DJ can go 7-9 3 times with inept QB play, then that tells me a real QB could get us to the playoffs under DJ. There is no way anyone can argue that a good QB isnt worth 2-4 more wins in this league over mediocre to poor QB's.

Of course they do. What other coach gives players "days off " during his soft TC? He holds nobody accountable for mistakes made during the game. He shows no emotion on the sideline. He babies his players. Soft coach=soft players. Nice guy, good person, very bad coach. His record proves it.

It didn't mean that the a-hole coach was a jerk off the field, but when it was practice or game time it was all business.

He may not have been a jerk on the field, either. You don't have to be an !@#$ to demand performance from people and hold them accountable for it, in any environment.

Interesting stuff from Wendling in this Scout article.

Here's what he said...

"We want him as our head coach here. I don’t think there’s a guy in that locker room that would tell you differently.”

Obviously, it's been well-documented that the players love Jauron but this was a pretty strong quote. The defensive effort Sunday kind of showed that I thought. (Loved Wendling's pick too. I want to see that guy on the field more.)

Come on, I know somebody out there is getting soft and wants Jauron to stick around! Someone? Anyone? Bueller? OK...

.....and when he's gone they'll all talk about the fact that he didn't win and how much they look forward to winning with the new guy.

Of course they do. What other coach gives players "days off " during his soft TC? He holds nobody accountable for mistakes made during the game. He shows no emotion on the sideline. He babies his players. Soft coach=soft players. Nice guy, good person, very bad coach. His record proves it.

You mean like benching Parrish after his second costly fumble in three games?