Roscoe Parrish

cmjoyce113

Then someone picks him up for nothing. Sounds like a Buffalo plan to me.

You know you can't put a gun to someones head and make them deal with you. Everyone knows the Bills will cut Parrish, so why waste a draft pick trading for him? Duh.

PTR

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By himself, Roscoe is probably not good trade bait, but as part of some sort of multi-player package deal, seems like he would add value.

This would mean that it would take effort and football intelligence, which they do not have. We only got TO because Edwards brought it up.. Edwards.

Exactly. Even though he's having a rough go of it this year. I believe he's still the best all time.

:unsure:

This post is so divorced from reality, for a second I thought we were on PPP. Hell, even if you just started watching football 3 years ago, he wouldn't be the best. And that's before his his attitude and his play fell completely apart in 2009.

In the meantime, ever hear of Brian Mitchell? Desmond Howard? Eric Metcalf? Tim Brown? Mel Gray? Deion Sanders? Rick Upchurch?

Yes, the best punt returner in the NFL.

I forgot that some people are still clinging to the 'Bills have the best special teams in football' fantasy.

Oh, and Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs request that you pass the crack pipe. Try 26th best

Galloway is WAY past his prime. He could potentially retire after this season. Maybe someone desperate will grab him off waivers.

And this is the news on Banta-Cain via ESPN:

Roscoe was a 2nd round pick, is still very young at 27, and led the league in punt return average up until this year. I'm tired of people thinking our players "have no value". This has been the mentality of the Bills fans for too long. If you don't think TO is worth a 3rd or more, you're crazy as well. We need optimists in our fan base, our organization, and our players. No more glass is half empty BS.

Galloway is WAY past his prime...but just remember..>Roscoe never HAD a prime and probably never will...big difference

I love how people continue to say that Roscoe's salary is $4M/year. Just because his cap number is $4M doesn't mean that's his salary. The bonus has already been paid and cannot be recouped. Not sure why we have to go over this every few months. I guess if you say something often enough it becomes true...not matter how wrong it is.

I love how people continue to say that Roscoe's salary is $4M/year. Just because his cap number is $4M doesn't mean that's his salary. The bonus has already been paid and cannot be recouped. Not sure why we have to go over this every few months. I guess if you say something often enough it becomes true...not matter how wrong it is.

remember those threads we use to have? you would show your link to prove your point, then I would provide mine.

Man, those were the good ol days, we use to be 0-0

His salary is still way too high for a punt returner. That's why nobody wants to trade for his current contract. If he gets released, he'll be snapped up at a much lower base salary than he has right now.

:doh:

This post is so divorced from reality, for a second I thought we were on PPP. Hell, even if you just started watching football 3 years ago, he wouldn't be the best. And that's before his his attitude and his play fell completely apart in 2009.

In the meantime, ever hear of Brian Mitchell? Desmond Howard? Eric Metcalf? Tim Brown? Mel Gray? Deion Sanders? Rick Upchurch?

I forgot that some people are still clinging to the 'Bills have the best special teams in football' fantasy.

Oh, and Devin Hester and Josh Cribbs request that you pass the crack pipe. Try 26th best

Ranks as the NFL’s all-time leader in career punt return average at 14.0...Led the NFL in 2008 with a 15.3 punt return average; became the first player since Dick Christy (NY Titans, 1961-62) to lead the league in punt return average in consecutive years...Since entering the NFL 2005, ranks second in punt returns over 20 yards (24)...Set the Bills single season punt return yardage record in 2007 with 440 yards...Led the NFL in 2007 and set a Bills single season record with a 16.3 punt return average..

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Ro...65-857fbdeace9d

Parrish is under contract through 2011. His base salary for the current season is $1 million. It moves to $1.025 million in each of the final two seasons of http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...roscoe-parrish/ deal.

remember those threads we use to have? you would show your link to prove your point, then I would provide mine.

Man, those were the good ol days, we use to be 0-0

haha...I'm way too lazy to do that right now. But you're right...

His salary is still way too high for a punt returner. That's why nobody wants to trade for his current contract. If he gets released, he'll be snapped up at a much lower base salary than he has right now.

Not saying you're wrong, but let's just call it what it is. It doesn't help that he's irrelevant in the passing game (don't know if it's his fault, Trent's, or the coaches') and that he hasn't done **** returning kicks this year. Those three lost fumbles in five games doesn't help either...

I certainly wouldn't give up any draft pick for him, period. I'm not sure why it is so hard to understand that ROSCOE PARRISH SUCKS.

Wait I thought the FO, HC, and OC all suck??? How can you make any judgement about any player with this coaching staff. While you may very well be correct unless some idiot GM(unfortuantely Millen got fired) gave you a 3rd or 4th round pick it is best to keep him around. He can be moved before the draft as well.