Jamon Meredith

FluffHead

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone pay close attention to how Jamon Meredith played today? Looked alright from what I saw. Better than Jonathan Scott was playing??

When they signed him (which some folks saw as just Ralph's cheap-o solution) it sounded like a very positive move. I like that they raided the practice squad of a team with a pretty good OL.

Meredith had like 30 starts @ South Carolina, under pro offense of Spurrier, so I was looking forward to seeing Jamon play.

Not hearing his name called for a penalty was quite a bonus!

Jonathan Scott seemed fairly useless in that spot, so I was very pleased with Meredith today.

Did anyone pay close attention to how Jamon Meredith played today? Looked alright from what I saw. Better than Jonathan Scott was playing??

One play I saw - Trents injury sack - he was kinda just standing around not blocking anyone as two rushers came from the right side. Not as bad as DBell standing there crying while holding his forearm?!?! I laughed for 5 solid mins.

One play I saw - Trents injury sack - he was kinda just standing around not blocking anyone as two rushers came from the right side. Not as bad as DBell standing there crying while holding his forearm?!?! I laughed for 5 solid mins.

On that play, it looked like it was Derick Fine's job to block Calvin Pace. If so, not great design.

He looks like a good addition thus far.

Granted, it was only 1 game, but it was his first start in the NFL, on the road, in a hostile environment. To come away with no penalties and I did focus on him a bit during the game, and he seems really like a solid player. Certainly an upgrade over Scott and Chambers.

I would love to see the Bills get some fierce talent and competition on the O Line, for a change. Watching yesterday, I was wondering what the Bills would do with Butler if Meredith continues to play solid for the team. Butler himself is a solid player, and it was terrible to lose him for the season.

But I'm happy with the guy so far.

Which begs the question: I am certainly one for calling for the heads of Modrak and Guy. But why is it, that those 2 guys seem to be horrible with free agents and high draft picks, but often strike gold with undrafted players or practice squad players?

Meredith being one. But Peters, Greer, Moorman, and Fred Jackson all strike me as impressive finds. Ashlee Palmer may be another one. It's almost as if the Bills should trade away picks 1-5 for proven players, and continue to draft in rounds 6 and 7 while signing undrafted guys aplenty and raiding others practice squads.

It's a paradox.

When they signed him (which some folks saw as just Ralph's cheap-o solution) it sounded like a very positive move. I like that they raided the practice squad of a team with a pretty good OL.

Meredith had like 30 starts @ South Carolina, under pro offense of Spurrier, so I was looking forward to seeing Jamon play.

Not hearing his name called for a penalty was quite a bonus!

Jonathan Scott seemed fairly useless in that spot, so I was very pleased with Meredith today.

:w00t:

You realize he was on Green Bay's practice squad, right? The team that's given up the most sacks in the NFL, including five yesterday to awful Detroit?

He looks like a good addition thus far.

Granted, it was only 1 game, but it was his first start in the NFL, on the road, in a hostile environment. To come away with no penalties and I did focus on him a bit during the game, and he seems really like a solid player. Certainly an upgrade over Scott and Chambers.

I would love to see the Bills get some fierce talent and competition on the O Line, for a change. Watching yesterday, I was wondering what the Bills would do with Butler if Meredith continues to play solid for the team. Butler himself is a solid player, and it was terrible to lose him for the season.

But I'm happy with the guy so far.

Which begs the question: I am certainly one for calling for the heads of Modrak and Guy. But why is it, that those 2 guys seem to be horrible with free agents and high draft picks, but often strike gold with undrafted players or practice squad players?

Meredith being one. But Peters, Greer, Moorman, and Fred Jackson all strike me as impressive finds. Ashlee Palmer may be another one. It's almost as if the Bills should trade away picks 1-5 for proven players, and continue to draft in rounds 6 and 7 while signing undrafted guys aplenty and raiding others practice squads.

It's a paradox.

Is it that the Bills are so good at finding these UFA/Practice squad guys or is it that the Bills are so bad they actually have to play a large number of UFA/Practice squad guys?

Looked good yesterday, specially considering it was his first game. I thought this was a very good pickup for the Bills when they signed him, a promising, ideal sized, intelligent O tackle, instead of signing an injured, aging, retread that no other team wants. But thats just me :w00t:

Is it that the Bills are so good at finding these UFA/Practice squad guys or is it that the Bills are so bad they actually have to play a large number of UFA/Practice squad guys?

or that we continue to get decimated with injuries

Looked good yesterday, specially considering it was his first game. I thought this was a very good pickup for the Bills when they signed him, a promising, ideal sized, intelligent O tackle, instead of signing an injured, aging, retread that no other team wants. But thats just me :w00t:

Yes, signing a project OT that no other team wants, including the Packers who have their own well documented major problems along the OL and the right of first refusal, and who has never taken a snap in the NFL is so much better than signing a former All-Pro if he can still play. That's brilliant. :lol:

He wasn't standing around from what I saw.....just lost on his assignment a little bit and helped on an inside defender......

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

I love how everyone is on the Meredith wagon w/o having evidence to back it up. I mean, no offense guys, but just because he doesn't give up sacks and didn't get penalized does not mean he had a great game. That being said, I didn't watch enough of him to have an opinion. The reviews of his talent have been pretty high, but Bills fans have a habit of getting worked up over anyone who can play the game better than Kirk Chambers. I know our standards are low, but we have to grab hold of some kind of reality.

Meredith played well enough to warrant staying off the practice squad. Hes very bright and with limited experience he did all that could be expected of him. There is no reason to think that he won't be a starter at some point in the future.

But at that same time, we lost our Starting QB yesterday because he got DESTROYED on a 3 step drop. I'm not blaming Meredith on that, but its the O-line's fault. I mean, even if Fine had the blocking assignment, Trent got nailed by two guys, so clearly one other person missed a block. I'd have to watch the tape to figure it out.

My only point is, lets keep things in perspective. I'm not ready to call people like Bell, Meredith, Palmer diamonds in the rough. And for everyone of our successes in finding these talents on practice squads, there are Justin Baanans and Mario Haggans saying What Up.

How about....he played pretty well for a guy in his first start on a new team from the practice squad?

Yes, signing a project OT that no other team wants, including the Packers who have their own well documented major problems along the OL and the right of first refusal, and who has never taken a snap in the NFL is so much better than signing a former All-Pro if he can still play. That's brilliant. :w00t:

a "former" All - Pro, and injured at that.

And your comment is fallacious, "no other team wants", I guess you didn't read what had happened :lol: