Jamon Meredith

FluffHead

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

a "former" All - Pro, and injured at that.

Not sure which former injured All Pro you mean, but whatever. :w00t:

And your comment is fallacious, "no other team wants", I guess you didn't read what had happened :lol:

Got a link to the scores of teams that were desperate to sign Meredith?

http://packingcheese.com/2009/09/22/jamon-...with-the-bills/

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2009/9/2...-signs-with-the

Here's one that says the Bills assistant OL coach was the one that really thought highly of Jamon.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/832076.html

When they signed him (which some folks saw as just Ralph's cheap-o solution) it sounded like a very positive move. I like that they raided the practice squad of a team with a pretty good OL.

Meredith had like 30 starts @ South Carolina, under pro offense of Spurrier, so I was looking forward to seeing Jamon play.

Not hearing his name called for a penalty was quite a bonus!

Jonathan Scott seemed fairly useless in that spot, so I was very pleased with Meredith today.

i live in myrtle beach, sc and Merdith played at South Carolina. Many of my friends are die hard gamecock fans, and they had nothing but good things to say about him

But i do believe he played guard during college. Anyway I did nt hear his named called alot yeasterday-which is a good thing!!!

Not his fault Trent can't take a hit. I watched Cutler getting pounded in the SNF game and he kept getting back up. Trent is not sturdy enough to be a successful starter in the NFL.

NO OFFENSE, BUT the trent concussion was the REFS FAULT. Yes, thats right, the refs fault!! The whistle should have blown and protected Trent when he was pinned under 2 jets!!

IF THAT WAS HOMO TOM BRADY, WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAVE HAPPENED? EXACTLY, THEY WOULD HAVE PROTECTED HIM

THAT PLAY NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT BY THE LEAGUE, THEY PURPOSELY TWISTED TRENTS HEAD ON THAT PLAY

It remains to be seen what will become of Meredith. Under the circumstances I think anyone without an axe to grind would have to say that he acquitted himself quite well in his debut. He certainly did not embarrass himself.

Coming out of SC Meredith was highly regarded -- and many scouts had him ranked as one of the top 2-3 most athletically gifted OL in the draft. He was also versatile, having played both tackle positions as well as inside. His stock took a bit of a hit, however, when teams started doing their research and heard from some of the Gamecocks' coaches that Meredith was a bit of a troublemaker in terms of questioning authority -- and I read one report that labeled him a potential "locker room lawyer". That caused his stock to drop from being that of a potential 2nd rounder to a 5th rounder, which is where he was ultimately drafted.

Contrary to what some may be suggesting, the Packers really did like him. However, based on his rawness, they did not feel that he was ready to help them at the start of the season, so they took a risk by placing him on the practice squad, hoping that (by virtue of his free-fall in the draft) no NFL team would be prepared to sign him to an active roster. Perhaps this miscalculation will pay off for the Bills. Time will tell. One thing that I do believe, is that the zone blocking scheme that they employed yesterday would seem to be a good fit for the athletic (but not enormous) Meredith.

Not sure which former injured All Pro you mean, but whatever. :w00t:

Got a link to the scores of teams that were desperate to sign Meredith?

http://packingcheese.com/2009/09/22/jamon-...with-the-bills/

Packingcheese??? :lol:

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2009/9/2...-signs-with-the

Here's one that says the Bills assistant OL coach was the one that really thought highly of Jamon.

was supposed to be a classic mismatch: The Buffalo Bills' young, patchwork offensive line against the vaunted, blitz-happy New York Jets defense.

On Sunday, the Bills' O-line far exceeded expectations while the Jets failed to live up to the hype.

The Bills' offensive line, which featured four first-year starters, held its own against the Jets. The front five allowed one sack and a few pressures, but it didn't get overrun like a lot of people thought would happen.

So for one game at least, an offensive line featuring three rookies (right tackle Jamon Meredith and guards Eric Wood and Andy Levitre), a second-year player (left tackle Demetrius Bell) and a "grizzled" five-year pro (center Geoff Hangartner) can take a bow for a job well done.

"I thought the whole line did a good job," Bills offensive line coach Sean Kugler said. "They prepared all week and they work hard all the time. I knew that they were going to have some rough spots and some rough edges. But [sunday] I thought they competed the entire game."

"They found out what it's like to win a game just fighting the whole time. That was a good learning experience for them. They're really a great group to work with."

The offensive line has been a major issue since the start of the season. Wood and Levitre were already starting when the Bills decided to cut veteran left tackle Langston Walker and replace him with Bell.

But there has been a revolving door at right tackle. Meredith was the fourth starter at the position already this season as he took over for Jonathan Scott, who had a sprained ankle.

"I was excited for the opportunity to play," Meredith said. "I worked hard to be ready for this, and I just wanted to come in and compete and show that I could play at this level."

From what Kugler saw with the naked eye, he had no complaints about Meredith's performance.

"I give all the credit to [assistant offensive line] coach [Ray] Brown," Kugler said. "When Jamon came from Green Bay, Coach Brown spent a lot of time with him in the meeting rooms and on the field. We sat down and talked about [it] and Ray said, "We've got something in this kid.' "

We kind of took a chance and really felt like he could do the job. Coach Brown believed in him and he just went out and did a heck of a job, as did the rest of the guys up front."

and this supports your argument how? :lol:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/832076.html

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1606339

Let me type it slowly so you can follow along, OK? I never said Meredith sucked yesterday. Understand? Good.

How does quoting that article support your claim that there were numerous teams that were drooling to get Jamon Meredith who somehow managed to be cut, clear waivers, and sit on the Packers practice squad for a month? Your claim is supported by nothing other than a "cause I knows what I nose." Idiot.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1606339

Let me type it slowly so you can follow along, OK? I never said Meredith sucked yesterday. Understand? Good.

How does quoting that article support your claim that there were numerous teams that were drooling to get Jamon Meredith who somehow managed to be cut, clear waivers, and sit on the Packers practice squad for a month? Your claim is supported by nothing other than a "cause I knows what I nose." Idiot.

Take your tampon out sally and try to "follow" this:

Where did I say "that teams were drooling to get Jamon Meredith?"

I'll tell you, I didn't.

What I said was that it makes more sense to pick up a player with promise than an over the hill, injured football player that no one wants. But I guess you wanted to interpret that as something else. Talk about trying to "follow" along. Now go along and make up something else I didn't say. :w00t:

Contrary to what some may be suggesting, the Packers really did like him. However, based on his rawness, they did not feel that he was ready to help them at the start of the season, so they took a risk by placing him on the practice squad, hoping that (by virtue of his free-fall in the draft) no NFL team would be prepared to sign him to an active roster. Perhaps this miscalculation will pay off for the Bills. Time will tell. One thing that I do believe, is that the zone blocking scheme that they employed yesterday would seem to be a good fit for the athletic (but not enormous) Meredith.

There is no contradiction at all. The Packers OL has been struggling. Look it up. They did like him. They drafted him and they signed him to their practice squad. The Bills made a claim for him and the Packers decided they did not like him enough to put him on the regular roster. The contradiction is that Meredith was highly coveted by dozens of NFL teams and the Bills pulled some "extraordinary piece of front office work" to acquire him.

There is no contradiction at all. The Packers OL has been struggling. Look it up. They did like him. They drafted him and they signed him to their practice squad. The Bills made a claim for him and the Packers decided they did not like him enough to put him on the regular roster. The contradiction is that Meredith was highly coveted by dozens of NFL teams and the Bills pulled some "extraordinary piece of front office work" to acquire him.

Who cares what the Packers think of Meredith? Are they infallible when it comes to OL decisions?

You're full of ****. Who else was trying to land him, !@#$?

Are you serious? Are you really suggesting that teams will publicly announce their interest in a player that just got released and then picked up from another team? Are you that stupid? Apparently.

In regards to being full of ****, who said I was claiming that teams were "drooling" for Jamon? you did :w00t:

One play I saw - Trents injury sack - he was kinda just standing around not blocking anyone as two rushers came from the right side. Not as bad as DBell standing there crying while holding his forearm?!?! I laughed for 5 solid mins.

when was bell holdng his forearm? I gotta see that play...

when was bell holdng his forearm? I gotta see that play...

It was on the Trent sack/concussion. Bell was in the background milling around holding his left arm up and grasping his forearm. It looked like he definitely hurt it. I fully expected him to be done for the day. So, I watched for him, but he stayed on the field. Not sure at all what it was all about; but at the time he looked injured. Of course, it may have been one of those "oh crap my guy beat me like a drum, I better act injured so no one thinks I just suck" moments.