I know....I know, it's too early...

Kipers Hair

Say what you want - this guy is never going to make it as a 4 / 3 end....Start the move to LB now and hope for the best....

YEah, way too early to throw in the towel.

Don't forget, he held out and missed training camp. All of that valuable learning and conditioning time.

Guest dog14787

I'm not to impressed with Maybin's play up to this point, he seems to be manhandled easily. I would seriously consider trying him out at the LB position.

I am not ready to say he is a bust, but he definitely looks like a reach. Oher would look really good playing for the Bills right now -- especially given all of the injuries we have had at right tackle.

AGREED about Oher, but for better or worse we have Maybin. On the positive side he is YOUNG & will be BIGGER & STRONGER next year.

Say what you want - this guy is never going to make it as a 4 / 3 end....Start the move to LB now and hope for the best....

You're nuts. Maybin never gets on the field. And I don't understand why. Everything starts and ends with this 2-gap 4-3 crap P-Fool lives and dies with. How many more 200 or even (today) 300 yard rushing games are the Bills going to have to give up? Week after week we ask ourselves, as semi-intelligent fans, are the Bills defenders really that wild and stupid all week in practice, sprinting past running backs all day long, or are they coached to sprint through gaps, regardless of what is happening in the play?? Either way, these Bills are giving up chunks of yards on the ground in record numbers lately!

At least Maybin has the most speed of the Bills ever-over persuing DE's. That might enable him to catch up faster, or maybe he even might have some natural talent that helps him stay home and tackle a cutting back runner every now and then. Kelsay, Denny and Schobel? Forget it. They never stay home - ever. The instant the backs head the other way they are sprinting across the field leaving their side wide open for cut backs or reverses.

By some miracle the Bills won today. Despite giving up over 300 yards rushing. We all know that is not going to happen very often. P-Fool needs to get Maybin out on the field and at least let the kid play in his stupid defense. Rookies need to play, just ask Mark Sanchez. This 5 int.- game will help the kid as he moves forward. I say let Maybin start in place of Kelsay the rest of the season and let the Buffalo - chips fall where they may! What in the world does Fool have to lose??

He is like 20 yrs. old (maybe just turned 21) he needs a couple years. Right now he is useless though. I believe he will get much better. At least wait until he is 23.

He will develop just in time to sign a free agent contract somewhere else. :worthy:

Maybin is undersized and very young. It was pretty much a given when he was drafted that he would need an entire offseason of conditioning (as in after this season) before he would be ready to compete for regular playing time. This is not uncommon for linemen on either side of the ball. Denney and Bell went through the same process.

Why is it so hard for folks to understand that DE picks usually do very little in there first years?

He is a underclassman, undersized, missed a lot of training camp, and has Kelsay playing in front of him who is actually making a play here and there ahead of him.

To me this pick was for the future and anything we get out of him this year will be a bonus.....next year he will have a whole offseason of NFL conditioning, probably 20 more pounds on him......and will be ready to compete.

This draft is still shaping up to be a good one getting a playmaking safety and two starting guards........

It is too early to proclaim him a bust, but I standby what I said at the time he was drafted. Rookie DEs are risky picks in R1 to begin with, with a bust rate as high as any other position, but when that guy only has one year of collegiate production backing him, you're really playing with fire drafting him that high. The odds are not and never were in his favor.